Stayed at The Mercure on Spring St when we came from Perth to watch the Dockers at the MCG. When I made my booking online I noticed when I booked the 2 rooms one had 2 single beds which was an error on my part. I quickly phoned the hotel and told the young man there what I had done and that I wanted 2 double rooms. He asked me for my booking number and assured me he had changed the booking and everything was set. I now had a booking for 2 double rooms. When we checked in after arriving from Perth the gentleman at the desk said right you have one double and a room with 2 singles. No I said. I told him the story of phoning the hotel and he said whoever I spoke to hadn't changed the booking and the Hotel was full so he couldn't make the change. I was very upset and he began to check all his other bookings seeing if he could change anything and came up with a positive result. We now had to doulbe rooms. I was very thankful and we went off to our rooms. My son was only staying 1 night and we were staying 2 so I needed to book the hotel shuttle for him to get to the airport first thing in the morning so wanted to arrange this a.s.a.p. I went to reception not long after check in and spoke to a young man regarding booking this service. He said he would book it and gave me a ticket and said he would leave a message on our phone to confirm the booking. When we arrived back I noticed there was no message on our phone so asked the young man back at reception. He looked like he had forgotten and said he would deal with it now and I left him to it. When we came back from the game I again asked at reception and was told the shuttle company was closed for the day and we couldn't make a booking. When I said no we have a booking we are waiting for confirmation another gentleman stepped in and realised the young man had again forgotten to book my son's shuttle and assured me my son would have transport in the morning which I must say he did (thank goodness). The next day we went out as soon as my son was on his shuttle at 8 a.m. and came back around 2p.m. and found one of our ooms had been made up and the other (4 doors away) not made up. Again we got onto reception and again we were sorted out. Apart from these 3 hiccups the stay at the Mercure was extremely comforabtle. The beds beautiful, extra pillows were delivered upon request, breakfast was unreal and the views from our room spot on. I think all hotels have days when things don't go quite right (I have them days too). They learn from this and improve. I will recommend this hotel to my friends and just give them a little tip to hang around until their requests are met. Thanks to the gentleman who sorted out all our mistakes, he was very professional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens is in the city centre, near State Parliament, and overlooks picturesque Treasury Gardens. The hotel features 164 rooms, Lime restaurant, bar and conference facilities for up to 200 people. The many boutiques of Collins Street are close by and it is an easy walk to Federation Square, the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Rod Laver Arena, AAMI Park and Hisense Arena. The free city circle tram stops right at the front door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne Spring Street