While this hotel and its rooms are a bit tired and the rooms are somewhat small and bathrooms even moreso, the service that we experienced on our stay was exceptional and this more than made up for it. We were originally checked in to a room (I think any room that end is a 3 will be like this) that was not only next to the lift well, but seemed to have the lift well as part of the room. Having stayed here before and getting the same room I rang and asked to be moved. The staff were excellent, they immediately did something for us and upgraded us to a room on the other side (garden view) of the hotel. From this first positive experience of their customer service everyone seemed to be very helpful will and able. Overall a better experience than we were expecting given the rooms and for anyone on a tight budget this hotel is excellently located (City Circle tram very close) and has excellent customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens is in the city centre, near State Parliament, and overlooks picturesque Treasury Gardens. The hotel features 164 rooms, Hop Sing Bar & Food, with an Asian inspired menu designed for sharing, plus conference facilities for up to 200 people. The many boutiques of Collins Street are close by and it is an easy walk to Federation Square, the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Rod Laver Arena, AAMI Park and Hisense Arena. The free city circle tram stops right at the front door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne Spring Street