New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #72 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
Adelaide, Australia
“Girls weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

My friends and I stayed here for a weekend in October and it is safe to say this hotel is a gem!
It was cheaper than most hotels, with a very modern and welcoming atmosphere. The staff were absolutely wonderful, as we made a lot of requests during our stay- they were friendly and nothing was too hard for them!
Room was clean and comfortable, mini bar was good, great location, received robes on request and had a lovely view. Not to mention the room service was 10/10.
I would recommend this hotel to everybody I talk to. Sensational weekend and will definitely return. Thank you, mercure!

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KarenLTaylor, General Manager at Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback. I was pleased to hear that the Girls Weekend was such a success! The team will be thrilled with your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

We recently stayed at the Mercure Gardens on Spring St for an 8 day stay. Great location to all the new happening restaurants - around the corner from Flinders Lane which is where Cumulus, Chin Chin and many other great new restaurants are. Did eat the hotel restaurant which was ok - not great - so save your hunger for all the other great places near by!

We were also staying there for our daughter's 1st birthday as I am from Melbourne but no longer live there - and the staff were great - they even left a little present in our room on the day.

The only negatives were - the bathroom as other people have mentioned is quite small and obviously with a young child a hotel room is a little small for 8 days - but we had a balcony room with a view so that made a slight difference.

Overall great friendly staff and reasonably priced!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mullaway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed here for an overnight work trip. The staff at the front desk were very polite and helpful. They even arranged for a microwave for my room when I requested one. The room was clean and comfortable. The food at the restaurant was delicious.

Room Tip: Even though my room was right next to the lift it was very quiet. The view was non-existent as I was...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KarenLTaylor, General Manager at Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
I will pass your positive feedback on to our team. Thank you for your positive review.
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights. Great vibe in this hotel. Rooms and bathrooms a bit small but very well designed and nice view across to the gardens. Bar and restaurant were fantastic but always under staffed. Location was great. Loved Flinders Lane bars and restaurants. Price was great compared to other hotels. Def be back again.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we will see you again soon. I am glad you enjoyed the bar & restaurant but was sorry to read that we were understaffed, without knowing exactly when you were in I imagine we did not predict the demand. Thank you for the feedback and see you again soon.
Tasmania, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed recently for one night on a business trip. Check in was pleasant and efficient, with Tania finding me a room no problem, even thought I had arrived earlier than expected. She made me feel very welcome. She also ordered me a taxi for a later appointment, which was much appreciated.
The hotel and the room were clean, with some maintenance work going on near reception.
I had a lovely compact room, which was pleasantly decorated, with a garden view. The bed & pillows were comfortable, standard mini bar, and pay for use wifi in room
The decor of the bathroom was pleasant, the shower hot and excellent pressure. The shower door however I found large for the size of the room, and would have probably been better if it were a sliding door. As the lip on the shower was not very high, there was some water leakage onto the floor. I personally would prefer a brighter light over mirror.
Room service was prompt, the food tasty and hot. I do prefer fresh milk, rather than the long life, and I assume I could have requested this if I stayed for longer.
The hotel is in easy walking distance to the CBD, being about four blocks away. There is a cafe adjacent to reception with free limited wifi in lobby.
My room was next to the lift, and it was a little noisy, but did not keep me awake or wake me.
This hotel only has steps to front reception and no ramp or lift that I could see, but no doubt staff would help with luggage if requested.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, request a room away from the lifts.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.