We recently stayed at the Mercure Gardens on Spring St for an 8 day stay. Great location to all the new happening restaurants - around the corner from Flinders Lane which is where Cumulus, Chin Chin and many other great new restaurants are. Did eat the hotel restaurant which was ok - not great - so save your hunger for all the other great places near by!
We were also staying there for our daughter's 1st birthday as I am from Melbourne but no longer live there - and the staff were great - they even left a little present in our room on the day.
The only negatives were - the bathroom as other people have mentioned is quite small and obviously with a young child a hotel room is a little small for 8 days - but we had a balcony room with a view so that made a slight difference.
Overall great friendly staff and reasonably priced!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens is in the city centre, near State Parliament, and overlooks picturesque Treasury Gardens. The hotel features 164 rooms, Lime restaurant, bar and conference facilities for up to 200 people. The many boutiques of Collins Street are close by and it is an easy walk to Federation Square, the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Rod Laver Arena, AAMI Park and Hisense Arena. The free city circle tram stops right at the front door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, ACCOR, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne Spring Street