Stayed recently for one night on a business trip. Check in was pleasant and efficient, with Tania finding me a room no problem, even thought I had arrived earlier than expected. She made me feel very welcome. She also ordered me a taxi for a later appointment, which was much appreciated.
The hotel and the room were clean, with some maintenance work going on near reception.
I had a lovely compact room, which was pleasantly decorated, with a garden view. The bed & pillows were comfortable, standard mini bar, and pay for use wifi in room
The decor of the bathroom was pleasant, the shower hot and excellent pressure. The shower door however I found large for the size of the room, and would have probably been better if it were a sliding door. As the lip on the shower was not very high, there was some water leakage onto the floor. I personally would prefer a brighter light over mirror.
Room service was prompt, the food tasty and hot. I do prefer fresh milk, rather than the long life, and I assume I could have requested this if I stayed for longer.
The hotel is in easy walking distance to the CBD, being about four blocks away. There is a cafe adjacent to reception with free limited wifi in lobby.
My room was next to the lift, and it was a little noisy, but did not keep me awake or wake me.
This hotel only has steps to front reception and no ramp or lift that I could see, but no doubt staff would help with luggage if requested.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens is in the city centre, near State Parliament, and overlooks picturesque Treasury Gardens. The hotel features 164 rooms, Lime restaurant, bar and conference facilities for up to 200 people. The many boutiques of Collins Street are close by and it is an easy walk to Federation Square, the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Rod Laver Arena, AAMI Park and Hisense Arena. The free city circle tram stops right at the front door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne Spring Street