“Great stay again, friendly staff, will be back”

Ranked #74 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed November 3, 2013

On this occasion I stayed here with my sister and two nieces for a concert at Rod Laver Arena, which is a short walk.

I have stayed here previously and was amazed at the friendliness of the staff on check in and happy to say that is still the same. Arthur was very friendly, helpful. I was welcomed as a return guest and I was welcomed as an accor member.

We had the breakfast included in our deal, which we all enjoyed.

We also had a view overlooking the park, which was stunning.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
KarenLTaylor, General Manager at Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for the fantastic review, the team is always pleased to read such positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens

Write a ReviewReviews (1,832)

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Staff were very friendly. Hotel was clean and quiet. Bed was comfy. I would definitely stay again. I suggest bringing your own conditioner though as their conditioning shampoo left my hair feeling like straw.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Caulfield Cup Weekend and Anniversary Stay.

My partner and myself are extremely disappointed after spending two nights at this Accor Mercure property which definitely needs rebranding as an Accor Formula 1 Motel.

The booking was made directly through the hotel reservation as it was for a special occasion for us.

Positive Point:

The Front Office manager upon check in was courteous and friendly. She allocated a room that was available to us immediately even though it was only 11am.

Negative Points:

1.We walked into our room on the 11th floor Room 1112 and could smell a strong odour of cigarette smoke. We opened the balcony doors to allow some fresh air in and were surprised that there were no outdoor chairs or table.
2.The balcony floor was covered in green moss and dust from a nearby construction site.
3. The bathroom shower cubicle leaks water when you shower and floods the bathroom floor.
4. The coffee cups and wine glasses we had used from the night previous were not cleaned when the housekeeping staff tidied the room on our second day. The towels were not replaced nor were the toiletries. I called the front office staff to complaint but was shocked when a staff member informed me that there was a housekeeping trolley near our room and that I could get the fresh towels and toiletries myself. So I did and was amazed that for a Mercure Hotel that charges 5 star rates, the service standards are appalling.

I have read the other reviews of this Mercure and find it distressing that the General Manager of this hotel, Karen Taylor often is ready to provide the standard 'I am disappointed that you had a bad experience and will endeavour to rectify the issues and welcome you back' robotic reply since 2012 but nothing has been done by the Mecure Management to rectify these similar issues.

Advise:
The Garden Views are the only main consolation of this 'motel'.
The base line staff are friendly but overworked hence the poor housekeeping standards.
The Hilton and Crown are definitely the better value for money options if you are after that special 5 star experience.

Room Tip: Stay at The Crown or Hilton.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank GSiva888

I am happy to speak with you directly should you wish. My email address is h2086-gm01@accor.com. I am genuinely sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and I always accept feedback with open arms.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stay in this hotel when I travel to Melbourne on business. It is a short walking distance to our city office. The hotel is fine, although some rooms are small. There are plenty of eating options for breakfast and dinner within a short distance of the hotel. The hotel is within walking distance of the MCG and Melbourne Park.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TWal1
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed here as a family with two young children in a twin room with 2 queen size beds. Rooms were very clean and quiet with a great view over the gardens. The room and bathroom are slightly small but well thought out. The staff were great, friendly and helpful especially when the 4 year old had a meltdown. The children were always made to feel welcome and included by the staff. Nothing was too hard to do. The food was really good in the restaurant catering for all of us. Overall we left with a positive experience. Well Done.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
KarenLTaylor, General Manager at Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for such great feedback, especially regarding our team. The team will be thrilled to read your review. We want to make everyone feel at home whilst staying with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last night so that we were walking distance to the Regent theatre. The rooms are fairly small but has everything you need. The bed was comfy, the shower had fantastic pressure and the breakfast was excellent with heaps of variety! We had dinner in the hotel restaurant before the show and it was delicious and well priced. Their 'all day' menu had better variety than their standard dinner menu and they didnt mind offering us the alternate menu after we asked about guests eating things that weren't on the first menu we were given. The service overall was exceptional. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend, and we'll definitely stay here again next time we want to be right in the city.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank addicted2travel78

Thank you for your very favourable review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!