We stayed here for 3 nights while touring Australia. We are city folk and the location was great with walking distance to sites, parks and restaurants. This is a comfortable stay with a pleasant staff and nice hotel bar/restaurant. We would definitely stay here again and for longer to see more of the city! This is 3.5 star accommodations (in my opinion) and delivered well if not a bit more.
PROS: Great location and walking distance to shops/restaurants/sites/park. Staff is overly accommodating and helpful. Our stay was the middle of the week and had great recommendations of all the things we could do and places to go. They even got us tickets for a footie game which was exciting to watch since we are big American Football fans. The also recommended a wine tour which was superb!!! Great wineries, we bought all we could bring back through customs. Yering Farms Winery is a must to visit on the tour. They are a very small, boutique winery with fine wine making skills. Treasury Park is right across and is beautiful. Very lovely for a stroll and so many nooks and crannies to everywhere you turn. Pricing is on par with rooms/services. Beds were very comfortable, bathroom clean and in a modern design.
CONS: Not many. The halls are a bit dark and hall carpet on the dirty side. If I had to gripe the TV reception was poor but that seemed to be the case at all the hotels we stayed at in AU.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens is in the city centre, near State Parliament, and overlooks picturesque Treasury Gardens. The hotel features 164 rooms, Hop Sing Bar & Food, with an Asian inspired menu designed for sharing, plus conference facilities for up to 200 people. The many boutiques of Collins Street are close by and it is an easy walk to Federation Square, the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Rod Laver Arena, AAMI Park and Hisense Arena. The free city circle tram stops right at the front door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne Spring Street