My second stay at Mercure Treasury Gardens and another happy experience.
Took the car this time, parking for small vehicles is under the motel in a tight but secure area. Cost: $30 for a 24 hours. Parking for larger vehicles is around the corner at a public car park.
Stayed in room 812, close to the elevator but noise levels from there weren't the problem! Room consisted of 1 King bed and a fold out couch. For us (myself, my daughter and my sister) two beds would have been a better option. The King bed was very comfortable (as were the pillows), my sister said the fold out couch was ok.
The bathroom was a good size, huge shower with great pressure, well lit mirror.
The room was classified as a premier room, so there was a balcony, welcome snacks, robe and slippers. The room faced the Treasury Gardens.
We stayed two nights, first night sleep was fantastic, second night we had some noisy people next door. Street noise is minimal.
Staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful at all times.
Great location, some may consider this motel too far from the CBD, but that little bit of distance makes for a quieter stay. We walked daily to Melbourne Central without any effort.
I believe this motel is great value and I will continue to stay here when visiting Melbourne.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens is in the city centre, near State Parliament, and overlooks picturesque Treasury Gardens. The hotel features 164 rooms, Hop Sing Bar & Food, with an Asian inspired menu designed for sharing, plus conference facilities for up to 200 people. The many boutiques of Collins Street are close by and it is an easy walk to Federation Square, the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Rod Laver Arena, AAMI Park and Hisense Arena. The free city circle tram stops right at the front door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne Spring Street