Only reason I rated 'poor' and not 'terrible' is due to location and friendliness of staff. Otherwise, rooms are dirty (stains on the carptet, hairs in the bathroom). had to stay there due to shortage of rooms because of Grand Prix, but still overpriced. Room di d not get clean until mid-afternoon 'due to hote beeing busy because of Grand Prix' Well, they knew about it I guess, and you take extra staff. Internet price is just a rip-off (AU dollar 27,50 for 24hours), and they charge you for paying by credit card. In all fairness, staff at front desk was nice. Do not know how they got a 4-star rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens is in the city centre, near State Parliament, and overlooks picturesque Treasury Gardens. The hotel features 164 rooms, Hop Sing Bar & Food, with an Asian inspired menu designed for sharing, plus conference facilities for up to 200 people. The many boutiques of Collins Street are close by and it is an easy walk to Federation Square, the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Rod Laver Arena, AAMI Park and Hisense Arena. The free city circle tram stops right at the front door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne Spring Street