“loved motel and location”

Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne
Ranked #44 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed January 2, 2009

absolutley the very best location for cbd melbourne.each to walk to every thing.staff very accomodating.bonus was suite accomodation including washer and dryer.

• Stayed: November 2008
1  Thank larrywinnipegcanada

Reviewed October 25, 2008

The Medina Grand is perfectly situated for a first time tourist to Melbourne: right in the CBD but a block or two from the main hubbub. I booked in here for eight nights while visiting friends. The reception is large, clean and spacious and is more hotel-like than you would normally encounter at a service apartment block. And that was the trouble with my studio apartment – it wasn’t really an apartment. It was a hotel room with a microwave and cutlery in it. I’ve stayed in Medina studios before and I’ve also stayed in Quest studios so I know what should be expected. My Medina Grand digs could not be called a ‘self catering’ studio because at the very least I would expect a couple of hobs and, if no oven is provided, a microwave with conventional oven capabilities. I suspect that the one and two bed apartments were more substantial and had the expected facilities to the detriment of the studios. You might want to bare that in mind. Although comfortable, my studio was basically a glorified hotel room and was definitely not what I signed up for. The maid service was hit and miss – it very much depended on when you left your digs and/or the rounds undertaken by housekeeping on that day. The result: I had two days where my room wasn’t cleaned. On the upside, if you get a high floor you’re afforded some great views of the city and the Medina’s position makes walking or traming all over greater Melbourne a breeze. So, unless you’re happy to rely solely on microwave meals and takeaways, go for a larger Medina apartment or look elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
3  Thank CamilleJeanPierre
Reviewed October 23, 2008

My girlfriend and I recently stayed in this hotel which was a Saturday night, it was on a hot day of about 28 degrees. We had checked in and then showed to our room. The room was comfortable and clean but it was very hot in there. Tried turning on the air-conditionder and still nothing. We called reception to tell them and they said they will send someone up. We went to get a bite to eat and was gone for 15 minutes and returned and the room was still hot. Called reception again and the man said that someone has already been to your room and fixed it and I said no they have not. We then got a knock on our door saying did you know that the air-conditioner is broken and we said no. They offered us 2 small portable fans and we said it is quite hot could you please move us to another room? They said we only have 2 bedroom apartments left and that this is not possible, had to offer them extra money then the man said he will see what he can do. After waiting for 45mins I called reception and asked what was happening and they said that they are going to move us to another room and that they new all along that the air-conditioner was broken. Eventually moved into a simaler room. We checked out the next morning and we had to wait for the manager as he wanted to talk to us, he asked us if we had anyone else in our room and did we use the dishwasher and I had no clue what he was talking about but we felt very offended and I will never stay or recommend this hotel to anyone. The guy at reception was even laughing over the phone like a smart [--]when we tried to sort the air-conditioning problem. Not nice service at all.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank Charls25
Reviewed September 26, 2008

The Medina Grand is a great hotel, with excellent friendly staff and close location to the Victoria Markets and main city shopping area. We stayed here for 5 nights and our room was smart and very modern looking. The mini-apartment room was great minus the broken leg on the table. If you stay here you must check out Hardware Lane which is a 2 minute walk down the road - it is packed full with great littler restaurants and the atmosphere on Friday through to Sunday nights is great with live music and candle lit tables.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank perthy_88
Reviewed August 24, 2008

We booked a three bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment and was totally happy with our room. All the bedrooms were large with their own TV's. The bathrooms were also of a very good size and we had a separate laundry. Everything was very modern and clean and lounge/kitchen/dining was huge with big floor to ceiling windows.

The reception staff were very friendly and helpful and I thought this the hotel was in a great location with lots of cafes nearby and just two blocks away from Bourke Street mall.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank alchsam
Reviewed August 9, 2008

Stayed here for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Was very impressed by the layout of the room, very tasteful and spacious despite only having asked for the most basic of rooms.

Good location, and very quiet. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nathrakh
Reviewed July 7, 2008

Stayed here for 2 nights in a 1 bedroom corner apartment in March. It was great --- nice, comfortable, king-sized bed, ultra-quiet room and the best location!

Hardware Lane is just a 2 minute walk away. I had the best spaghetti marinara I've ever eaten. But I just love Melbourne.

The only thing I thought could have been better is the included extras in the bathroom. Only the basics were included, and for the money we were paying, I expected a little more than just shampoo, conditioner and soap. The hair-dryer was also poor but reception were able to get a better one for me to borrow.

All in all, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple