“Adina Apartment Hotel”

Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne
Ranked #46 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I recently spent a week in Melbourne at a conference and shared an apartment at the Adina with my work colleague. The apartment was spacious - 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and an open plan kitchen living dining area - immaculately clean and serviced every day by friendly helpful staff. The kitchen is fully equipped allowing you to prepare your own meals if you want to. There is an excellent little restaurant - the Queen Street Rescue - adjacent to the Adina and accessible from the hotel foyer. The central location of the Adina makes getting round the city on foot easy and public transport is close by. An excellent stay thank you.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,574)

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Have stayed here 2 times over the last 6 months and both have been great. The 1 bedroom apartments are well apointed, clean and well airconditioned. It is in close walking distance to most places (bit of a walk to Victoria Markets), 5 minutes from Crown Casino and the restaurant strip on Southbank and 5 minutes to Etihad Stadium (as the crow flys)

The Keyif next foor serves up a great breakfast and open at 7-00am, can place this on your room costs in need.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My first trip to Melbourne and stay @ Adina Apartment Hotel,Queen St.,Melbourne, its a great pleasure and had everything we needed.Hotel arrangements and Staff service and hospitality is Excellent.Especially duty manager JenHigh Quality Material used every were no problems noticed.Its a 5 to 10 min walk to reach any corner of CBD Melbourne Streets.
Kitchen and utensils are available to prepare our choice food.To buy any fresh food items for preparation of our Lunch and Dinner, Its a 5 min walk to Queen Victoria Market. Separate bedroom with it's own tv, separate living area with another tv, full sized kitchen. I pod docking station..

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed at Adina Apartment Hotel, Queens Street Melbourne for my 60th Birthday. This place was amazing. They made me feel very special; upgraded me and my family to a premium 3 bedroom apartment, treated me to a bottle of Champagne, took care of our luggage as we were early & organised the apartment as quickly as possible. The apartment itself was roomy, clean and well appointed, with magnificent views of the Melbourne skyline. It's great for a family, or for friends. The staff were friendly - from reception to porter. There's a lovely restaurant downstairs that serves great food. I hope to be back there very soon. Thank you Adina staff. Loved it!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was my first trip to Melbourne, and I wanted to be close to everything (within reason) so we were able to walk to most places. We had booked one bedroom premier apartment, which is on the top floor. It was the perfect size and had everything we needed. The bed and pillows were really comfortable too!

The little restaurant downstairs was really nice, they did a great breakfast!

We did have problems with our room key, when we would get into the lift and put our key card in it wouldn't accept it so we had to go back to reception and they fixed it. It happened a few times, and sometimes it would let us go up to our room and then when we went to open our door it wouldn't work! Which was a bit of a pain because we had to go all the way down to the reception again. Another tiny problem that annoyed me a little was that when we checked in the lady asked us for our credit card so she could take the accommodation (well hold it anyway) which was fine, until we checked our account and a further $400 odd had been held/taken. We figured it was a bond or something like that but she never made us aware which was a bit annoying. But all got sorted out in the end :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Really good value apartment hotel in the centre of Melbourne.
Location is great only 5 minutes walk from the Bourke Street Mall.
Room was excellent with lots of space, a balcony & great view over the city.
Seperate bedroom with it's own tv, seperate living area with another tv, full sized kitchen.
I pod docking station in the bedroom, & also a dining area.
Very clean & comfortable & nice decor.
Good sized bathroom although shower over bath combo.
Minimal noise from other guests so sound proofing was pretty good.
There is also a pool, gym, & sauna although I did not check this out.
Much nicer experience than being cramped in a small hotel room & for the same or less money why wouldn't you book an apartment?
Cafe downstairs did good coffee, food was nice, & room service from them was also prompt & good value.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I booked on the Qantas website which had a deal on & bonus frequent flyer points also.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I traveled with my parents, who are in their 60's, and chose this hotel after thorough research. Rates, location, facilities, comfort and reviews all played a part in my decision. I'm glad I spent some time doing this as I was extremely happy with Adina Apartments.

When we arrived at around 2.30pm, we found our room wasn't ready. We had originally planned to arrive a little later, but our flights had been amended; considering check in time was 2.00pm, I didn't see the need to advise the property. The young man on reception rang to check if our room was ready, and I could tell house keeping were giving him a bit of a hard time, suggesting we were supposed to be checking in later. However, we left our luggage at reception and went for a wander. When we returned at around 4.00pm, our bags were all ready moved to our room.

Our 2 Bedroom Apartment - room 147 - was very clean and modern, with a huge television, fully equipped kitchen and two large bedrooms, both with ensuties.

The main bedroom had a queen bed with a walk in wardrobe and shower over bath. It also had floor to ceiling windows with an opening window. The second bedroom had a king bed (or two singles) with a walk in shower and washing machine and dryer tucked away behind a door. It didn't have a window, but that was because it was on the far side of the apartment. Both rooms also had a very large television mounted on the wall.

The living area had a two seater couch and two funky chairs, but these were very low, hard to get out of and not overly comfortable to sit in for a while. There was a a small balcony overlooking Queen Street. We were on level 17, so we had the most magnificent views over the city.

Even though Queen Street is very busy, the apartment itself was very quiet at night. The only thing we could hear was the air conditioning, and that was because the fan was on (which you can turn off). The beds were extremely comfy.

The only thing I found a little odd was that the bathrooms had a plastic shower base/bath. You can't notice until your standing on them, and I guess they're easy to keep clean and replace. I just hadn't come across that before! They were very clean and spacious though.

Adina Apartments are very central. You're around the corner from Bourke Street and the main shopping areas, 10 minutes walk to Queen Victoria Markets, across the road from a convenience store and 7/11 (pricey - as most city stores are). There are coffee shops and restaurants galore, a Subway and MacDonald's close by. Trams don't run up Queen Street, but you are only around the corner from them. There is a taxi rank out the front, and the Skybus will pick up and drop off right outside.

I would recommend Adina Apartments to anyone, and I would definitely come back and stay. We had a wonderful time in Melbourne, and it was great to come back to an apartment that felt like home. All staff were very friendly and helpful and the reception area is beautiful, especially at night when they light candles

On a side note, we didn't eat at the attached restaurant - Queen Street Rescue - but the menu looked great and it seems to have a lovely atmosphere. We did have breakfast at Degani, which is two doors down. Fantastic service, great food and such reasonable prices. Thoroughly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. Great views and les noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family