“Great Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #47 of 156 Hotels in Melbourne
Adelaide
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Adina for two nights recently. We found the hotel staff helpful and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable, a little small but not too bad (no real spot to put your case). The bathroom was clean and the shower was quite good. There is on-site car parking with direct lift access from the car park to your room floor. Perhaps one negative is that you only have 30 minutes of free wifi, and it can not be used in your room - you need to sit in the hotel lobby.
The hotel's location is very good, only a short walk to the Bourke St Mall and close to trendy Hardware Lane/St. About a 20 minute walk from all the restaurants on Flinders Lane. Easy access to the fantastic Melbourne trams too.
An enjoyable stay overall, we would definitely stay at the Adina again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wandering_lincoln

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toowoomba, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

The three bedroom apartment on the 19th floor was fabulous, so spacious and quite. Beautiful views over the city and the kitchen was very well equipped and the apartment was furnished beautifully. A great location as everything is so close. The staff were very helpful, overall a great experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Amanda C
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed for a weekend here at the Medina Grand Melbourne with 2 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms for 4 guests. Very tidy & quiet with excellent furniture after long days of exploring the city. The hotel has on offer a gymnasium & swimming pool for use which we did not use due to the winter season; however would come in handy in warmer months. If I can recall the only major downside was that the hotel carpark was squishy to manoeuvre around if you have a large vehicle - $20/day. Overall a good stay at a reasonable price with everything at a few meters away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Assam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed there with my and my bothers family from 30th Dec 2012 till 1st of jan 2013.The hotel was located at CBD Melbrounce and the three room apartment was excellent in terms of maintenance and facilities. It was very big and had all the appliances and room service was prompt is cleaning on daily basis. On New Year night the fireworks started from a high rise just adjacent to our apartment floor and it was one of a kind view. The convenience store is located just across the road .Moreover for any Indian there is an Indian restaurant just across the road. Overall -a very good property.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I was checked into a room on the 21st floor, I arrived with a heavenly pregnant wife and child. The lift between 20 and 21 floor was not working so we had to use the stairs all the time. I asked when the lift would be fix and was not given an answer. The safe in the room was not working, a staff member came up to check and told me it is broken which I already knew, I asked if it can be replaced I was told, "if I have a spare one". The safe remained broken for my whole stay and I didn't hear from staff about fixing it for the rest of my stay. The oven in the room was broken and not working. The tv picture for some of the channels were too big for the screen and it made it hard to watch some channels because the picture appeared magnified and u couldn't see everything on screen. They advertised on the website that they have fox sports. When I checked the tv they did not have foxsports 1, I asked reception about it and once again was not given an answer I was clearly told "I don't know". The oven in the room was not working, by this time I was over it all and decided not to waste my time calling about I because I was confident nothing would be done and I would not receive an answer.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Stayalotinhotels
Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights in a 3 bedroom apartment on the 19th floor with my partner and our 4 grown up children. Fantastic panoramic views across the city. Room was beautifully furnished and well equipped. Hotel is very well situated to explore this amazing city. Staff couldn't have been more helpful. Certainly had the wow factor - highly recommended.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank H&RKent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

We only stayed in Medina Grand Melbourne for 1 night, was being upgraded to a penthouse on the top of the building. The apartment is huge with 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, while I actually booked myself to a 2 bedrooms apartment, everything is well maintained and clean. View of the apartment is gorgeous, location is convenient only 2 minutes walk to shopping and eating areas. The elevator connected to the penthouse was out of order during my stay, hotel staff were very kind to helping carrying our luggage when we did both check in/out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family