Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne on Flinders
Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$130
$124
$240
$172
$89
$80
  • Pool
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Docklands(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$96
$72
  • Free Internet
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$137
$121
  • Restaurant
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$195
$107
$85
$77
  • Restaurant
Pensione Hotel Melbourne - by 8Hotels(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$74
$69
  • Restaurant
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$137
$113
  • Fitness center
$290
$233
1,766 results
All reviewsflinders streetgreat locationfed squarerod laver arenathe penthouseiga supermarketbottle shopsporting venuestram stopyarra riverwalking distancegirls weekendstay there againwashing machinefull kitchenliving areahome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I have stayed at the Medina Executive previously. Absolutely great location. Enjoyed an upgrade which was absolutely overwhelming. So you can see why I returned. This time I was located in the very last room located up 3 or so flights of stairs at a separate entrance in a lane way - not ideal when you are travelling alone. I decided to treat myself to a well deserved break to catch up with a friend, see a concert and took a day off work to enjoy Melbourne (away from husband and kids....). So you can imagine my horror to be woken by a hammer drill at 7.06am directly beside me. A call to reception elicited surprise - even a hint of doubt about what I was reporting. It was incredibly loud and caused the walls and floors to vibrate. So much for the sleep in. I noted later there was significant demolition work occurring beside the hotel.

I am not one to complain. Trust me when I tell you it was industrial type of noise.

The reception staff were apologetic...but that was all. They told me there are complaints all the time and seemed to accept it. I note some hotels ensure there is information about building works or place customers in a location where there is minimal noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room AWAY from the building works.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MrsHuddo
Jason1752, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thankyou for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Medina Executive Flinders Street.

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. In relation to the point you have raised regarding noise I have discussed this matter with our Front Office team to ensure we improve our overall guest experience. Unfortunately, there is a construction site which is 20 metres down Flinders Street.

I would like to thank you providing this feedback and if you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

I stayed in a twin room with my dad for one night in 1104. It was clean and the room was a good size with a balcony...though I was a bit nervous of the glazing, you would not want it to fail, it was a big drop! Some of the glasses were not really clean but overall the standard was good. It was quiet and the only down side was the step up into the reception area. When we realised we needed salt and pepper, it was delivered with the next couple of minutes, impressive service. In saying hat, the rest of the service was lacklustre and average. I would go back. I booked using Expedia and paid >$190NZ.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank AntarcticChick
Jason1752, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Dear Guest

The team at Medina Executive Flinders Street are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our Medina Executive Flinders Street in the near future.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

If you want a noisy, smelly, dirty place to stay with no lifts, unhelpful staff and people weeing on the main entrance at night (not cleared up or washed down I hasten to add) then this is the hotel for you.

There are loads of other options. AVOID this one. Its terrible!!!

Room Tip: to get a good room stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Jason1752, Front Office Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2012

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. In relation to the points you have raised I have addressed your concerns with our housekeeping & front office teams to improve our overall guest experience.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

For the last five years we have stayed at these apartments and have been very happy EXCEPT it amazes me that the apartments still have the same 15 inch old fashioned box style tvs. As Melbourne is supposed to be a sporting capital surely it is time to update to a flat screen tv to come in line with other similar priced apartments. it is frustrating for 4 people to have to sit almost on top of the tv just to watch it. I find this most unacceptable and feel that the standard of the hotel is slipping. Also an iPod dock wouldn't go astray!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Jason1752, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2012

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. In relation to the points you have raised I happy to advise that the hotel will be undergoing a reurbishment in the coming months which will include LCD TV's being installed in all apartments to improve our overall guest experience.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

Having read other reviews we were apprehensive about staying at the Medina Executive. Location is very central at the top end of Flinders Street, only a short walk to Federation Square and Flinders Street Station. Tram stop going down Flinders Street right outside. IGA express supermarket next door. Excellent views from our 8th floor apartment. Rooms are looking very tired and dated and in desperate need of a refurb, though the 2 bedroom apartment was spacious and comfortable. Other reviews regarding noise levels were unfounded during our stay and we slept soundly. Tram and train noise was not an issue and we failed to locate any nightclubs close by. We did notice a nightclub near the Medina at the lower end of Flinders Street and wonder if some of the other reviews relate to that building. Staff were very helpful and polite especially when the washing machine did not work, offering the services of housekeeping to do our washing. Washer/dryer combination machine confusing, prefer separate machines (especially when you are trying to do laundry within a short time frame). Staff assisted with printing boarding passes, ordering taxi and storing luggage. Question mark on the 4 1/2 star rating. Would consider staying here again but only after major refurb.

Room Tip: Request room with a view
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family