“Worth a stay but a bit out of the CBD”

Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra Melbourne
Ranked #63 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed at the Adina for 10 nights recently. I was very pleased with the quality of the room and general facilities. There was a bit of noise from the train tracks nearby but nothing too bad. Reception staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
jturner13, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear GregLee1955,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra.
The team and I are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay & we look forward to welcoming you back next time your in Melbourne.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

It's a shame really. This property has very nicely put together studios. High-quality furnishings, bathroom, separate bedroom and living room, even a little balcony. The problem is that the sound isolation to the floor above was so bad that I was unable to sleep. Every person walking above my room literally made my bed shake. Everyone moving their luggage outside my room woke me up, due to a more or less complete lack of soundproofing.

Then there's the usual Aussie hotel internet rip-off rates. At the time of writing, a day's worth of internet access sets you back 25 A$. Pretty ridiculous.

Stay clear of this property./

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
jturner13, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Thank you for your review of your stay at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra.

I am surprised to hear about the noise you encounted during your stay, this feedback is something that I have not come across before but will look into further.

If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail please dont hesitate to contact me at the hotel directly.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Unhappy with my recent stay here - leaking rain inside room; no towels provided as these were used by housekeeping to soak up the water that was leaking in; pre authorisation for AUD $195 taken from my card - then was charged $195 for room & 1 week later they've still not refunded the $195 or even the $50 used to secure the room when the booking was made. Had to chase the refund 3 times before anything was actually done about it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yooms
jturner13, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Yooms,

Thank you for your review of your stay at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra.
The pre authorisation hold process is an automatic release back from your financial institution, it is not the hotel you were waiting on for a refund to be processed.

If you wish to discuss your stay in further detail please dont hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great location and was really good to have parking on site. The staff were helpful and courteous, and our 2 bedroom apartment was very comfortable. We all slept really well after busy days out exploring Melbourne. Unfortunately it was too cold to get much use out of the balcony, but it was huge, and in warm weather I think it would be fantastic!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
jturner13, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Louloujane,

Thankyou for your review of your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra. The team and I are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time here and we look forward to welcoming you back. I would have to agree that it is a bit chilly outside to use the balconies at the moment, but you are right on a warmer day it is lovely to sit out there and relax!

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

First impressions count and this property delivers!
From the fantastically funky club lounge lobby to the personable Ange at reception who expedited my registration with professionalism and warmth. She upgraded me when my room wasn't quite ready and gave me an instant late check out on request.
And then I saw my lovely one bedroom apartment ; compact and beautifully designed with quality furnishings , fully equipped kitchen and the five star clincher for me : strikingly bold contemporary art on the walls! The color scheme of taupe , grey, red and black was also very attractive.
I had a Parisian style Juliet balcony and wonderful lamps to give added ambience at night.
The Yarra parklands just to the right, the chic cafes of south Yarra to the left and proximity to the rail station makes this establishment a real winner.
Sure this is an out and out rave and the variables of a hotel stay can be so random, but I must say for me it was a perfect storm of a melbourne sojourn.
Enjoy.

• Stayed: June 2013
jturner13, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear archangelasSydney

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed all of what Adina South Yarra has to offer. Our goal is provide accommodation and service that our guests rave about. It's great to see we've succeeded with you. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team especially Ange.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind Regards
Melissa Thompson
Relief Hotel Manager

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in a self contained - two bedroom apartment. The location was excellent and the room was very comfortable and very well maintained. The beds were comfortable. The heating was great.

Very close to quality shopping and the railway station.

The check in process was quick and easy and the staff friendly and helpful. Good value for money.

I cannot find a single criticism or fault. One of the better places that we have stayed.

Room Tip: One of our rooms was close to the railway but it did not bother us. However may bother light sleepe...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
jturner13, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

The team and I are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back next time your travelling down to Melbourne.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Average hotel. Had a 2 bedroom place and only 1 bathroom. For some reason we were disillusioned and thought it was a 2/2. Bathroom was old and out-dated, the lights in the bathroom would turn off if it got overheated and I'd showered in the dark twice! Beds are comfortable, carpet is old, no free wi-fi, garage parking is free which is good as all the street parking is full all the time, however after a certain time could be hard to get a spot in the back. Walking distance to some nice bars, lounges and eateries. There is an IGA around the corner, however is over-priced.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
jturner13, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us.

The hotel underwent a refurbishment 12 months ago and this included brand new carpets in each apartment. We are delighted to hear you took advantage of our complimentary onsite carparking. Our car parking is limited & subject to availability however once you receive a pass at check in you will be guaranteed a spot each evening on your return to the hotel.

The team and I are delighted to hear you enjoyed our location & a good night's sleep.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.