“Sweet Spot”

Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra Melbourne
Ranked #64 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We travel from Canberra and have be doing the usual round of serviced apartments for a few years. What we like about Medina South Yarra is the high level of client service, excellent value, complimentary car parking and its central location particularly in terms of public transport as well as easy access to Hoddle St. and the West Gate bridge. The apartments we have used have been well appointed, spacious and well serviced. All staff we came into contact with were friendly and professional. The proximity to the railway line means that the noise from trains is evident but quite honestly not particularly bothersome to us. Walking to Southbank on a summer evening is a particularly pleasant stroll. We don't bother to check other places anymore as Medina ticks plenty of boxes for us.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
jturner13, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Michael, I love hearing you have chosen us as your regular spot to stay in Melbourne and I will pass on your great feedback to the team.

Thank you for your positive review & we look forward to seeing you again soon at Medina Executive South Yarra.

Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I wrote my review on the wrong apartment- whoops, so here it goes again.

I stayed here over New Years 2012/13 booking a deal on agora.com

We didn't know what to expect so were very happy with the staffs amazing service.
We stayed in room 2/3 and although there was a small problem with the dishwasher in 2 seeping out a weird smell the staff cleaned it ASAP.

Our room had an outdoor terrace that we were calling our below road dungeon. It could have used a bit of a liven up but was useful for us.

Short walk from the station and if your there New Years you can see the fireworks from out the front.

Would highly recommend to anyone

• Stayed: January 2013
jturner13, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thankyou for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us.
The team and I are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay over the New Year period and that you got to see fireworks from the front of the building.

Thankyou for the recommendation & we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I have stayed at the medina many times over the past year and must say that i have enjoyed my experiences there greatly. Located only a short walk to trains and trams, it makes it very easy to get anywhere. And being only a few stops from town and a stones throw from chapel street, there are an abundance of resturaunts, shopping and other activities to be had. The rooms are clean and comfortable and you really feel like you are in your own space. Great to be able to relax in the pool or gym and unwind.
The staff are always friendly and helpful and the building itself is always nicely presented.
I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: December 2012
jturner13, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Thankyou for your great review of your recent stay. The team and I are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and our fabulous location.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights on a family vacation in Melb. and was satisfied with the Medina service. I had the top floor Penthouse (2 bedroom) apartment. Despite some of the comments from prior guests, I did not notice any noise from the train. The apartment was comfortable, well appointed and clean. The beds were not as comfortable as in other Medina apartments that I have stayed in the past. We asked for extra blankets and got it delivered quickly. The apartment had 2 balconies. There is free wifi in the hotel lobby, but it seemed like a chargeable service in the apartment - I used my wireless wifi service on the iPad so did not need it. The best feature of staying in this Medina was that it was a short 5 minute walk to all the cafes and transport options on Toorak Road. They also offer free parking which was handy as we had a rental car throughout the stay.

Room Tip: Pack your trainers as there are some lovely walks by the Yarra River and the Botanical Gardens close...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
jturner13, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Thankyou for your great review of your recent stay at Medina Executive South Yarra.

The team and I are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and our fabulous location to the restaurants, cafe's & public transport along Toorak Road.
All our beds were replaced with brand new when we completed our recent refurbishment in April of this year.

Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Room was alright, although did have dirty towels in bathroom. Bed was comfortable however that's about the best of it. Upon check in was charged approx $250 for the bond, then was required to pay full accommodation on top of that, little but steep for one nights accommodation. Check in staff were less than helpful nor friendly, however the lady who checked us out was great. If you can stay elsewhere I would recommend that!

• Stayed: December 2012
jturner13, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Thankyou for your review of your stay at Medina Executive South Yarra.

Just to clarify for travellers we do take a pre authorisation on a credit card on your arrival however it never exceeds $100.00 on top of your accommodation charges.

If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail, please dont hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is a very well located suite of apartments right in the heart of South Yarra just five minutes (I timed it) walk to South Yarra station which itself has a very frequent train service - 7 mins to Flinders Street and the City Loop beyond.

Chapel Street and attractions are close by and basically it's a very nice area without the price tag of the CBD.

The suite was large and comfortable. I would put it no higher than three and a half stars overall but that's not a criticism. The bathroom was a bit dated.

You will have read reviews about train noise : the apartments do back onto the six-line rail corridor south of South Yarra station which also sees some noisy V-line diesels running on it, but I really do think their recent double glazing has eliminated any disturbance.

My only negative about the placewas the VERY high price, and very slow speed, of the internet. Overall though I would have no hesitation recommending it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
jturner13, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Thankyou for your positive review of Medina Executive South Yarra.
The team and I are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay & our fabulous location.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

The good:
- location - nice and close to everywhere
- free parking
- adequately equipped kitchen
- the staff - helpful and friendly!
- we were street side and couldn't hear any trains

The bad:
- the "gym" and leisure facilities are pretty poor
- the dryer is far too old and shrunk most things that went in (things we put in the dryer regularly)
- expensive internet
- the bathroom definitely in need of an update

The ugly:
- strong smell of smoke in passage ways was pretty disgusting

Would I recommend or stay again?
- yes - but would also look around at what else is available for the same price and possibly consider something else

Room Tip: We stayed street side and had no issue with trains or traffic noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
jturner13, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Thankyou for your review of your stay at the Medina Executive South Yarra.

The team and I are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay, our fabulous location & our well equipped apartments. I was disappointed to hear you smelt strong smoke in the corridors as we are a non smoking hotel. I trust this was reported to reception and follow up was made immediately.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.