Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra Melbourne
$221
$205
$191
  • Pool
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$156
$115
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $129/night.

Melbourne Marriott Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$150
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $180/night.

The Langham, Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Restaurant
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$183
  • Breakfast included
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$93
$87
  • Restaurant
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$122
$96
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$151
$98
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $119/night.

Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$121
$101
  • Fitness center
All reviewstoorak roadtrain linechapel stgreat locationbotanical gardenstrain noisesteam roomshort walksmall gympublic transportwashing machine and dryercafes and restaurantshome away from homecar parkingclose to shopsstay there againfull kitchen
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Visiting Melbourne from Sydney for a long weekend, I found the city hotels were all either booked out or VERY expensive, so I opted to look at South Yarra: a suburb that's close to the city by tram or train (train is much faster, just 10 minutes & two stops to the main Flinders Street station adjacent to Federation Square), quiet, green and with plenty of shops, cafes and restaurants.

Media Executive fit the bill almost perfectly. A 10 minute walk from South Yarra station, but on a quiet street, I stayed at a one-bedroom apartment with its own kitchenette including fridge and stove, and also a balcony and bedroom windows that actually open (!) so you can let in the cool night air if you wish.

The room was clean and well-serviced throughout the weekend.

My only complaint? The air conditioning was locked to a minimum of 21 degrees (that's 21C, aka 70F), and this was in the middle of the Aussie summer when temperates outside were 30+. There was no facility to dial the temperature down to individual preference, which in my case is 17C.

I asked the hotel staff the reason for this and was told it's done to conserve energy or make the building's air-con system run more efficiently or some such. Well, in my book that's putting systems _before_ customers, which is the wrong way around: guests should be able to choose their own room temperature.

For that reason I won't return to Media South Yarra (yes, I'm a bit fussy that way!) but this note aside, if you're okay with whatever room temperate the hotel sets then I'd recommend the Media South Yarra to any traveller!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank djsflynn
jturner13, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay with us. The team at Medina Executive South Yarra are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Warm Regards, Jayde Turner Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 11, 2012

I stayed four nights over xmas. The apartment was clean, spacious and well appointed - kitchen and laundry facilities, balcony, windows that open to hear the sounds of melb - loved the trains! Staff were friendly and obliging. Would have no hesitation in staying at this location again.

Room Tip: i loved the sound of trains but if you dont, then be aware you are right next to the railway tracks.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo

The team at Medina Executive South Yarra would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and your comments will be shared with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
Kind Regards, Jayde Turner Hotel Manager

Reviewed December 26, 2011

I have recently stayed here after touring and found the staff extremely helpful and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. Very handy to trains, trams and you can even walk down to the city via the river.
Great spot!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for providing us with your positive feedback, the team at Medina Executive South Yarra are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Kind Regards, Jayde Turner Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 25, 2011

I have stayed ieverwhere from the seven star Al Arab in Dubai to a former brothel with no electricity in Turkey. I know good and bad hotels. Medina Executive South Yarra could not be nicer if it tried. I am staying there right now, and just spent over an hour with my 11 year old daughter at the small gym with a lovely small heated pool and steam room. It is a less ritzy version of the pool/gym at the Hotel le Bristol in Paris, but at 1/10th of the price. Yes there is a soft Chukka Chukka of trains outside, but it is soothing like crashing waves, and the view is lovely. The housekeeper has come each day and done a great job, and the two flat screen TV's have kept people occupied when it is raining. I would DEFINITELY stay here again and recommend it highly to any friend.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper and bothered by the soft sound of trains, either bring a white noise machine or ear plugs. Or see if you can get a room on the street side.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
jturner13, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2011

Thankyou for taking the time to provide us with your lovely feedback. The team and I are delighted to here you are enjoying your stay with us and the use of our facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Jayde Turner
Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 2, 2011

Our family of two adults and two young kids stayed for three nights at the Medina South Yarra after finding an excellent rate an Agoda. We had a two bedroom apartment which was spacious and exceeded my expectations. The kitchen facilities were more than adequate with microwave, cook-top, oven and dishwasher. The two bedrooms were a good size and so was the bathroom. It also had a small balcony. The staff we spoke to were all professional and friendly.

The location is convenient to South Yarra train station (~5 minutes walk), and trams on Toorak Rd (~5 minutes) and Chapel St (slightly further). There are several restaurants and an IGA supermarket on Toorak Rd as well. They also offer free parking, which was a pleasant surprise.

We were on the train side of the property, and I can understand that the noise would be an issue for some people. We had no problem sleeping with it though, and our two year old loved watching the trains from the window.

There were some minor issues with the room. The blockout curtains aren't quite wide enough to meet in the middle so the light gets through regardless. One of the single beds wasn't sprung properly (didn't bother the two year old, but I wouldn't have been comfortable on it). The CD player wouldn't eject so we were unable to play CDs.

Overall I was very happy with it for the price (~$120 per night).

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
jturner13, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with this positive feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will certainly pass your comments onto my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Medina Executive South Yarra in the near future.

Kind Regards