“Exquisite and heavenly - I Don't want to go HOme.”

Park Hyatt Melbourne
Ranked #7 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
Australia
“Exquisite and heavenly - I Don't want to go HOme.”
Reviewed November 8, 2009

We stayed in one of the Deluxe Queen Spa room? (sorry i don't follow room names)
Where do i start... everything is so good!!!

Room size = HUGE

Bed = WONDERFUL and SOFTTTTTTT

Bathroom = BIG DOUBLE SPA , BIG DOUBLE SHOWER MARBLE BATHROOM, Separate Toilet, etc. This is a girl's bathroom heaven. Did i say double vanity too?

Room service = Good food, Good Service, Prompt, Yummy.

Restaurant = Service was top notch and the food is yummy. I didn't really like the scallop though not their fault. My risotto was godly. I would eat here again. Everything was cooked well. A bit slow but it was Saturday night and busy time in the restaurant and i was probably too hungry to be patient. <3 <3 <3

Spa = Not the best massage i had in town but for luxury and relaxation, it hit the spot just fine.

Reception Staff = very professional, very friendly.

Valet Parking = Spot on. Car brought out in a timely manner.

Price = yes it's a bit on the expensive side but you won't be dissapointed at all. Value for money if you like to travel on the high end of the scale and expect nothing less then five star treatment.

I can't find anything wrong with this hotel.
This is the hotel you want to stay in and stay IN, order some room service, go to the spa. etc. Sightseeing to the museum (since it's close by) and just relax and have a vacation.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Cannot rate this hotel highly enough!! My husband and I spent 2 nights here in a standard room booked through 'wotif' and loved every second. The rooms are huge and feel very plush and luxurious (we didn't think them dated at all). The marble bathroom was seriously indulgent and we estimate bigger in area than our entire room, at our last stay at the Windsor! With a huge corner bath and TV, what more could you want? After reading trip advisor these were no surprise, although the shower was - additional jets from the wall to massage your back as you shower. Delish! We found the staff lovely and very helpful. After the first night I woke with sore neck and shoulders as the pillow was not firm enough. On our way back to our room on night 2 we stopped at reception to ask for another - had barely returned to our room, before housekeeping were in the hallway with alternatives. We did also find the bed a little too soft, but that is just our preference as we are used to a very firm mattress. There is a lovely area downstairs to sit and enjoy people watching or read a book over a coffee, although have to say the coffee was the only real disappointment of our stay - $6 a cup and very poor quality. We really thought they could have done better! Despite this, we enjoyed a lazy afternoon relaxing here. We chose not eat at the hotel at all, as we thought the prices a little excessive - even for a five star hotel. However with the quality of the rooms and the amazing service, hubby and I will certainly be back. But next time I don't plan on leaving the hotel at all..... luxury all the way! Much thanks to the staff for a brilliant weekend.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed October 24, 2009

service and quality as you can expect in a 5 star hotel, though nothing special. Hotel itself is a bit old-fashioned in style.
Plus for me was the 25 m pool!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
MELPH, Raoul Hoelzle - Director of Rooms at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, October 25, 2009
Thank you to the author for your review. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Park Hyatt Melbourne. The hotel décor has been designed around the human body with many of the statues, carpets and glass work reflecting this. A range of fine woods, marbles and artwork from all over the world are featured throughout the hotel. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our Park Club Health and Day Spa's facilities and 25 m lap pool.
Thank you once again for taking the time to review Park Hyatt Melbourne and I do hope that I can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards
Raoul Hoelzle
Director of Rooms
New York State
Reviewed October 18, 2009

We all loved this one - so close to the park and the wonderfull flower gardens. Rooms are very large with amazing views across the city and these baths that are part of the room but also have showers attached. The restaurant was interesting in the way you can see into the kitchin and all. Food was good if not great but then the choice in Melbourne is amazing and the girls looking so pretty for the races we had a ball. Cost was OK - and the pool! The kids really liked the pool which is indoors but has a window out. Very NYC.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
australia
Reviewed September 28, 2009

You have to avoid this hotel at all costs. Upon arrival I was devestated by the rude, arrogant demeanour of the assistant. She treated us with contempt. Bags took 1 hour to deliver.

We were offered:

•Luxury accommodations and two-course dinner in radii restaurant with a night cap
•Bottle of Domaine Chandon, strawberries and chocolate dipping sauce
•Aromatherapy candle and luxurious milk bath amenity
•Valet parking

None of this happened.

Then the airconditioner didn't work. We complained and they said there were no other rooms available. They said something to the equivalent of like it or lump it!! What a joke.

Shower pressure was zero. It was like a bad version of the David Bowie song UNDER PRESSURE. Dom dom dom da da dom dom...

The room was supposed to be awesome, it was junk. There was noise everyday of renovation. I had no sleep. It was so disappointing.

The points to my Hyatt rewards were never added.

The manager refused to upgrade our room and then at the last minute laughed at me because I was so destressed.

Finally, when I arrived home, I launched a full on verbal and written assault on the hotel, demanding my money back. They eventually gave in when I was put through to the 2nd in charge of Hyatt Worldwide, and refunded 1 night from the 4 night ordeal.

More trouble than they are worth, $450 per night!! Pfffft!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
7 Thank parkhyattmelbhater
Manchester, England
Reviewed September 27, 2009

I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Melbourne. The rooms are large with plenty of storage and hanging space, and are very well maintained by the cleaning staff. Staff overall are excellent; the concierge acknowledges you every time you walk by, and nothing is too much trouble. The beds are amazingly comfortable - especially the pillows - and I slept extremely well.

For me, the hotel is very well situated - right on the edge of the CBD so nice and quiet, but 2 minutes walk to Parliament station and to the trams. Some more used to "true" city centre hotels may find it a little out of the way.

The only downsides are that parking is extremely expensive, and there is no really nice place to sit outside for a drink in the evening. There is a small courtyard but every time I have been there it has been extremely windy - even on days that did not seem windy so I can only assume that it somehow catches the breeze.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Australia
Reviewed September 26, 2009

The only 6 star hotel in Melbourne really shines bright. Attentive service, great location, sensational restaurants and glamorous rooms. We have stayed here several times and it always flawless. It is expensive relative to other hotels nearby but you can see and feel the difference. Great setting for romance with someone special. We would recommend it and we will be visiting again soon

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple