“Melbourne at it's best”

Ranked #6 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
Brisbane, Australia
“Melbourne at it's best”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I stayed at the Park Hyatt Melbourne just as an overnighter during the final few days of the AUS Open Tennis. Not only was the room spectacular, but also got to catch a glimpse of a few sports stars staying at the hotel.

Certainly the best hotel I have stayed at in the Melbourne precinct. Great location, great service and I will be back.

Room Tip: Loved the Hyatt Club room. Very spacious and very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear mmills_qld,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review, I am pleased you enjoyed our spacious Club King Room along with the hotel facilities.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne, when you next visit Melbourne.
Brett Sweetman – Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Beautiful spacious room, loved the layout and great view.Welcoming staff and great room service. A very relaxing weekend, breakfast in our room was wonderful. Great location and restaurants just a few minutes walk away, we will be back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jane J,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne.
We look forward to welcoming you back again for your next weekend getaway.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Park Hyatt Melbourne smells like a duty free perfume lounge and I think that underlies the psyche of the management. On arrival I refused to sign a document that I could simply no ridiculous fsmall c because of a ridiculously small font siz,. It doesn't matter how old the reader is, but the X and Y crew has to allow us baby boomers to shell out our money in a user friendly manner,

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear David H,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your check in experience last week. I understand a "larger font" registration card (printed on A4 paper) was provided to you following your request, and assisted you greatly. We have taken note for your future bookings at the hotel, and also briefed our staff on how to assist guests in such situations.
Thank you for your time to discuss this with me during your visit at our property.
Regards
Brett Sweetman - Hotel Manager
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Truly majestic and above 5 Stars!!! Royal interiors and fresh & live feelings everywhere. Courteous staff and delicious food. Plenty of International Tennis Players choose this during AO games and I felt very elite with them around :) Would love to visit with family next time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Shanbhag_RS
Brett_Sweetman, Hotal Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Shanbhag_RS,
Thank you for sharing your feedback following your stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne. I appreciate your comments, and look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne in the near future.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

In early December, we went to Melbourne for a weekend getaway. I chose the Park Hyatt as I wanted a luxurious and relaxing weekend away in a grand suite with all the bells and whistles. After having been in Tokyo for 6 months, I was in need of space and a soft bed! We weren't disappointed. We arrived unexpectedly early in the morning and the checkin staff were great...although a room wasn't available straight away, the lady called my mobile as promised about an hour later while we were out having breakfast. The room was amazing. Most importantly the bed was huge and soft and we both had the best sleeps. Room service was very nice. The cappuccino was not of a Melbourne standard though and was very milky. We had a truly lovely time at the hotel and we will definitely be back. The only negatives which I noticed was that at no point did any staff help with luggage while getting into or out of the taxi, or at checkin. This service was noticeably absent at checkin when we had to leave our bags while we went to breakfast. We were told we could check them in at the bell hop outside and then carried them out ourselves as no help was organized. I found this very odd, and not what i would expect of a top hotel. Even though we only had weekender bags, I expect at a 5 star hotel to have to fight staff off from trying to take even the smallest of bags. On the flip side though the staff were extremely helpful in using CCTV footage to track a taxi that a mobile phone was left in which we managed to get back! Also, checkin could do with more staff as the was always a queue. I found the staff at the front desk very pleasant and helpful.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Glenn C,
It is pleasing to hear you enjoyed your weekend getaway at Park Hyatt Melbourne and you were able to relax and unwind.
I have noted your comments in regards to our Bell Desk baggage service, and I will share your comments with the relevant staff. This is below the required service standards of our property, and I will discuss this with the team
We certainly appreciate your valuable feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne in the future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Stayed after we had our 2nd daughter. We have stayed before just as a couple but also stayed with children. It is a great hotel in a quite city position in close proximity to most things. Staff are excellent and food is first class.
Enjoyable stay and if you are use to 5 star accommodation this will tick all the boxes for you. Funny enough our new PM (Tony Abbott) stayed there when we were there. So if the PM stays there its gotta be good!
Thanks and will certainly return.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Elissa S,
I am pleased to hear your family enjoyed their stay at our property.
I will pass on your comments to our appreciative staff, and look forward to welcoming you back again.
Mount Coolum, Australia
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I had a "weekend escape" by myself a couple of weeks back. Same as a few other reviewers I arrived and was told my room wasn't ready. It was 1:30 and check in at 2. So I came back at 2 and still wasn't ready. It wasn't the best first impression. 20 minutes later I was finally told my room was ready after just sitting....and waiting.
I had the most amazing room, a suite over looking the driveway and a partial view of the Cathedral. A tv in the bathroom was a highlight, and a gorgeous big spa bath.
The Day Spa was incredible, well run and the staff were lovely - I went back both days I loved it so much.
The location is fantastic, tram stop and train station only 4 minutes walk and you can pretty much get anywhere. Public transport in Melbourne in very cheap too. I also walked into the city as it was only 15 minutes walk.
There have been other comments on the staff not smiling, I noticed the same thing. They were informative and helpful but didn't seem overly happy. There also didn't seem to be a great amount of staff, always had to que to ask a question etc. There only ever seemed to be 1 person on reception with often 2 or 3 people waiting.
I dined in the hotel a couple of times, was disapointed in the deserts but the entrees and mains were enjoyable at the restaurant.
The courtyard was lovely to have lunch and read a newspaper and get some fresh air.

Overall I will definitely stay again. I'll bring the whole family next time!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Neats777,
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our property, and took advantage of our great location.
You have raised some valuable points that I will share with the team, to further assist us in exceeding our guests expectations.
Thank you for your feedback, I look forward to welcoming you and the family back to Park Hyatt Melbourne soon.