Park Hyatt Melbourne
Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$130
$124
$240
$172
$89
$80
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$137
$120
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Docklands(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$96
$72
  • Free Internet
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$195
$107
$85
$77
  • Restaurant
Pensione Hotel Melbourne - by 8Hotels(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$74
$69
  • Restaurant
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$137
$113
  • Fitness center
$290
$233
3,025 results
All reviewsradii restaurantpark loungeclub deluxepatrick's cathedralfitzroy gardensking roomspa roomnespresso machineluxury hotelbeautiful hotelroom servicewedding nighthuge bathroomparliament housetop endcollins streethigh tea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I had a "weekend escape" by myself a couple of weeks back. Same as a few other reviewers I arrived and was told my room wasn't ready. It was 1:30 and check in at 2. So I came back at 2 and still wasn't ready. It wasn't the best first impression. 20 minutes later I was finally told my room was ready after just sitting....and waiting.
I had the most amazing room, a suite over looking the driveway and a partial view of the Cathedral. A tv in the bathroom was a highlight, and a gorgeous big spa bath.
The Day Spa was incredible, well run and the staff were lovely - I went back both days I loved it so much.
The location is fantastic, tram stop and train station only 4 minutes walk and you can pretty much get anywhere. Public transport in Melbourne in very cheap too. I also walked into the city as it was only 15 minutes walk.
There have been other comments on the staff not smiling, I noticed the same thing. They were informative and helpful but didn't seem overly happy. There also didn't seem to be a great amount of staff, always had to que to ask a question etc. There only ever seemed to be 1 person on reception with often 2 or 3 people waiting.
I dined in the hotel a couple of times, was disapointed in the deserts but the entrees and mains were enjoyable at the restaurant.
The courtyard was lovely to have lunch and read a newspaper and get some fresh air.

Overall I will definitely stay again. I'll bring the whole family next time!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Neats777,
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our property, and took advantage of our great location.
You have raised some valuable points that I will share with the team, to further assist us in exceeding our guests expectations.
Thank you for your feedback, I look forward to welcoming you and the family back to Park Hyatt Melbourne soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Park Hyatt Melbourne for our wedding anniversary. We booked through wotif.com and got a nice discount on the King Spa room. When we checked in, however, they asked if it was a special occasion. When they heard it was our anniversary we were immediately upgraded to a Club room. We were very impressed.
Our room was amazing, and we felt like rock stars. It was very spacious, with a lovely balcony view, and a huge bathroom. The bed was very comfortable, and enormous. We liked the little details, such as the Nespresso machine. The hotel is conveniently located in the CBD, and a short taxi ride to Crown if you don't want to walk.
When we returned from dinner in the city, we discovered a bottle of champagne on ice and chocolates in our room. We were surprised, and again felt special because of the attention of the hotel staff.
We would definitely stay here again for special occasions, mostly because of the excellent hotel staff and giving us an upgrade!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear ElizabethS2,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne.
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your special occasion at our property, and you were able to feel like “rock stars”!
I am glad you enjoyed our convenient location, we look forward to seeing you at Park Hyatt Melbourne again.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I really enjoyed the Park Hyatt Melbourne. It is probably the nicest Hyatt property that I have visited. I booked a club king room, which was spacious, luxurious and well-appointed. The service was also quite good and unobtrusive. My only complaint regarding this hotel is the the air conditioning. It was quite hot in Melbourne during my stay, and the air conditioning could not keep up.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear dcbrown24,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review, I am pleased you enjoyed your spacious Club King Room and enjoyed your stay. The abnormal heat wave Melbourne experienced in January did place additional demands on our air conditioning, however we did everything possible to ensure our guests were comfortable and could escape the extreme heat.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne, when you next visit Melbourne.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

This review has to start with the fact that we stayed at the Sydney Hyatt just before arriving here. The difference was startling. The Sydney Hyatt had a true warmth, and the staff at the Melbourne Park Hyatt were unfriendly, disinterested, almost invisible. The entry is grand with marble but with the coolness of the staff coupled with the marble, and generally unfriendly restaurant staff, it felt hard to get excited by our lovely rooms. We were 8, stayed in 3 rooms that were attractive, clean - no complaints. The breakfast food was very good: good selection, good quality, great fruit selection. The pool is indoors because Melbourne can be cool. It's not a heated pool. The location of the hotel is a few blocks from the centre. I would choose a hotel closer to the action, and look for staff that reflects the amazing people in Australia. Australians were very friendly everywhere - except at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Lunch E

Dear Lunch E,
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne.
We do our utmost to ensure our staff are pleasant and friendly at all times, and upon reading your comments I was most concerned to hear your feedback of our staff being unfriendly and disinterested. Please accept my apologies, and rest assured that this matter will be followed up with all employees of the hotel.
We certainly appreciate your valuable feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne in the future.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed at this property for the night whilst attending the Australian Open.

The staff were excellent and attentive throughout my stay. The rooms were great, but trying to find a spare power outlet to charge my phone and laptop, resulted in having to unplug a light. In addition, the air con unit didn't appear to work very well, though with the temperature outside (40c+) at the time, I am sure it was being overworked!

I would certainly return to this hotel and would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in a quieter part of town, or if they are visiting for the tennis or cricket, which is within walking distance.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Nick S
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Nick S,
I appreciate you providing your feedback following your stay at our hotel.
During your stay at our property, the city experienced a heat wave over five consecutive days, resulting in some guest rooms operating one degree higher than usual. The hotel did everything possible to meet guest expectations over this unexpected period, and I apologize for any inconvenience caused.
In regards to our guest room power points, we are currently installing additional points in many of our guest rooms to assist our guests.
Thank you for staying with us during the Australian Open, we look forward to welcoming you back again.