“Fantastic hotel, beautiful welcoming staff, brilliant location!”

Park Hyatt Melbourne
Ranked #7 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
“Fantastic hotel, beautiful welcoming staff, brilliant location!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

After a harrowing Christmas of frantic cooking and cleaning, it was a most welcome relief to check in to the Park Hyatt Melbourne for a couple of days of r&r.
I have to say from check in right through to check out our experience was phenomenal. The staff were attentive and seemingly genuine, not in the least bit 'snooty' as other reviewers have suggested.
Our room was bright, airy and clean with all the amenities one could possibly require.
The club lounge also airy and bright. The staff here, I have to say we're just wonderful and went above and beyond in their service. Happy hour was just that!
My only regret of this stay was not booking in for a massage and spa treatment...next time! I'll be back for sure, the Park Hyatt Melbourne has won me over - Thank you!

Room Tip: Request a room with a city or cathedral view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Kaypers M,
I am pleased the Park Hyatt Melbourne team was able to help you relax following your hectic Christmas. Thank you for your feedback following your stay - I will share your comments with our appreciative staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back again, so you can enjoy a Park Club Treatment in our spa.
Brett Sweetman – Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 28, 2013

5 years since my last stay here, and the place still does not disappoint... Nestled in the quieter setting of several gardens and churches, the location is great for those wanting to be close to the cbd but not in the cbd... the gym/pool/spa facilities are nicely sized and accommodating... the staff is extremely friendly...

Room Tip: Rooms NOT with an interior courtyard view would probably be better for those seeking something speci...
1 Thank aquatraxf15x
Dear aquatraxf15x,
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne, and took advantage of our great location. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We came to the Park Hyatt based on it's excellent international reputation but some things were amiss.
Parking was a bit of a nightmare (entrance labelled "The Park Hyatt Melbourne" turned out to be a public car park and we had to leave to bring our car round for the actual hotel car park. This wasn't so much of an issue, just mildly inconvenient.
Upon check-in, I asked about breakfast times and we were informed that breakfast finished at 11am. The following day, we went down to breakfast around 10.45am (for a quick breakfast) and were told that the 11am finish time was for weekends only (we checked in at the weekend and were staying until Tuesday!) Although there is coffee in a small cafe in the foyer, we were a bit irked that we hadn't been told about the breakfast times in full. Thankfully in Melbourne there is plenty of choice of places to get brekkie!
But the real issue was the wifi. I asked about it and received the password instructions. There was a choice of payment plan. $0.55 a minute or $30 a day. I needed email for a couple of minutes a day tops so used it then shut my wifi off. Imagine our surprise when at checkout, we were presented with a $90 wifi bill. Apparently I had to actively logout the wifi (not just shut off the device) To be fair, the staff did just charge me for one day after I argued it. I should have been more aware but due to travelling to around 25 hotels a year, this was a first for me! Plus, when I asked about the wifi at check in (and about breakfast!) it would have been nice if we had been given all the necessary information. I can't help but feel somewhat conned- it is easy to make a quick buck out of business guests who have a company to charge.
Interestingly, the next stay a week later was at another Melbourne hotel (one that is #1 in Trip Advisor!) Their wifi- $5 a day.....

Dear Pheonix 313,
I appreciate the time you have taken to provide your feedback. Your comments regarding our communication of our breakfast timings have been shared with the team and addressed. I do apologise for the confusion during your recent visit.
Furthermore, I am pleased to advise, effective 1 January 2014, Park Hyatt Melbourne guests who stay within the hotel are entitled to complimentary internet from the duration of their stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne, next time you visit Melbourne.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a night with my wife as a part of our honeymoon trip. The check-in was done swiftly and brief introduction of the hotel facilities was given too. Pretty surprised to find a tennis court on the 14th floor. We stayed in a park deluxe spa room. The room was very spacious with a lounge chairs, a separate work desk, king size bed with reading lamps and telephones on both sides. The marble spa bath and walk-in shower was great too! There was television embedded with the wall and speakers hidden above the bath's false roof to relax while you bathe. The bath also offers a breathtaking city skyline view. There were usual amenities like iron board, mini bar, bathrobes and designer toiletries but the Nespresso machine was a sweet surprise.

Actually, I arranged for a cake to be delivered at my room when the clock strikes 12 with the Visa concierge people as it was my wife's birthday the next day but I figured they messed it up by not confirming it with the hotel's concierge people. I was terribly disappointed and shared it with Stephanie, the front desk officer on duty that day. She said she can't get a cake from the hotel as the kitchen was closed for the day but I could get something from their room-service dessert menu and get it delivered to my room. She also suggested few cake shops located near the hotel if I decide to buy a cake the next day. I decided to get a dessert from the room service menu. At 12, a lady from the hotel greeted my wife with a dessert, a bottle of red wine and a box of chocolates. Very sweet of them.

We had our breakfast at the radii restaurant which was the usual fare of cereals, breads, pastries, pre-made muselli and a station for eggs and suagaes. The food above par but not outstanding. They offered umbrellas at entrance as it was slightly drizzling.

I would stay it was pleasant and comfortable stay and the hotel is luxurious.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear Laksh85,
Thank you for choosing Park Hyatt Melbourne as part of your honeymoon, I am happy to hear you enjoyed the guest room facilities, and had a comfortable stay. Your comments regarding Stephanie are appreciated, and I am glad we assisted in your wife enjoying her birthday.
Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to seeing you again when you are in Melbourne next time.
Tasmania,
Reviewed December 26, 2013

overall excellent stay we had bed/breakfast package . room was excellent watching tv in a lovely big bath was great after a plane trip. room service food was good little expensive but to be expected. Breakfast was lovely and staff excellent. it is a 10-15 min walk to center of city which is ok as we like to walk you can also hop on a tram. our room overlooked beautiful church the bells did ring for a short time in the afternoon but ok. Pool/spa was lovely and the gym was well equipped.We had a young child and they provided a lovely welcome pack and cot which was great.The only negative for me was reception on arrival the man was not friendly and staff on reception seemed tense but apart from that would recommend the Park Hyatt :)

Room Tip: If you dont like church bells ask for room away from cathedral but they werent too bad and not at ni...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear TravellingHobartians,
I appreciate you providing your feedback following your stay at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the guest room facilities, including the spacious bath tub with private television. Your experience on arrival was disappointing to hear, and I will pass on your comments to the team.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne when you next visit Melbourne.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Absolutely stunning. We stayed four nights at the start of the year. Check in was a breeze, despite the fact that there was a trainee. The concierge was polite and very helpful. The room was very spacious with a lounging area and huge comfortable bed. I especially enjoyed the spa bath, closet and vanity. This is the sort of room you don't want to leave! We had room service one night and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Our room overlooked a picturesque cathedral across the road which added to the atmosphere. This hotel is just amazing and my favorite in Melbourne.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SashDav
Dear Hwak89,
Thank you for sharing your feedback following your stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne. We are pleased you enjoyed the facilities and atmosphere of this property, and look forward to welcoming you back again.
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Best hotel in Melbourne by far. The attention to detail was exceptional, little touches make all the difference to a stay. Our room was large with an amazing view (see photo) also great being able to open windows in the room. We found the location perfect, easy walk to the shops or trams and as the hotel is surrounded by trees and gardens it was very tranquil. We enjoyed the use of the spa, gym, pool and club lounge and found everything perfect. Would highly recommend this hotel we will be back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Fiona C,

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at our property. I am pleased to hear you made use of our hotel facilities and enjoyed the spacious guest rooms. The hotel is certainly located in a beautiful part of the city, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne in the future.