“Top hotel”

Ranked #7 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
London
“Top hotel”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights and it really is a five star place. Service is excellent, breakfast was superb, location is ideal for central Melbourne. It's not a cheap hotel, but you get what you pay for. It's quiet, and very private, and the rooms are comfortable and spacious. The hotel oozes quality, but I'd recommend it more for business travellers than for holidaymakers. The only thing that I thought let it down was the spa, which just isn't as top rate as the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Quinox
Dawson_Robert, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Quinox
Thank you for passing on your feedback. I was very happy to learn that you had an enjoyable stay recently. However, have noted your comments regarding the Park Club Health & Day Spa and would welcome any further comments, if you would like to email me at melbourne.park@hyatt.com so that we can rectify any inconsistencies. We look forward to your return in the near future.
Yours sincerely, Robert Dawson – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Huddersfield, UK
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed a couple of nights here after two at the IC - the Park Hyatt is definitely a step up in quality. Superb Spa Deluxe room, with a bathroom the size of a small apartment. Sadly we did not have a chance to play tennis on the rooftop court. The pool was beautiful though a little chilly. The club lounge is worth the extra, friendly staff. We also had a complimentary formal "afternoon tea" here - we were amused that this included free sparkling wine but the actual tea was extra!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vaux
Dear Vaux
Thank you for passing on your feedback. I was certainly pleased to learn that you enjoyed most aspects of the hotel’s services and facilities. Your comments regarding the pool temperature have been forwarded to our Engineering department to ensure an optimum temperature is maintained at all times. With regards to the High tea, could I ask you to email me at melbourne.park@hyatt.com with your stay details, so that we can further investigate this? I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Could not fault the Park Hyatt Melbourne, exceptional service for our stay. Quick check-in and check-out, Valet Parking available. Best buffet breakfast in Melbourne. Rooms are exceptional. Definately will not disappoint.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew T
Dawson_Robert, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Andrew T

Thank you for passing on your feedback. I am extremely pleased to read that the hotels services and facilities were to your satisfaction and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Had visited Melbourne a few times before but this was the first time staying here and will say we will stay here again next time we visit Melbourne.
Everything from concierge to the room was perfect and could not fault. The decor of the hotel was luxurious yet warm and comfortable, staff was so very helpful, room service was above what I would expect in Australia, and the cocktails in the bar were well made. I loved the touch of the surprise complimentary sparkling wine and chocolates at arrival in both rooms we had (2 couples in our party).
The location of the hotel is perfect, just outside of the cbd, but still walking distance to most things. Set amongst parkland made it so tranquil compared to staying right in the cbd.
This hotel lives up to the park Hyatt name, be sure to stay here and not the grand Hyatt in the city for this hotel can not be compared to any other hotel in Melbourne.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Julia Z

Thank you for passing on your feedback. I was most pleased to learn that you and your friends had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to your return when you are next in Melbourne.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 27, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I stayed here for 2 nights. A few days prior to arriving I asked if I could be put in a higher floor room. I wasn't. Other members of my conference party were (so I know there were rooms available).

I found the air con to be stuffy. I called reception/concierge and it took over an hour for someone to arrive. The engineer confirmed there was an issue but as I was leaving I couldn't be bothered to change rooms (not that was offered to me).

Despite telling reception, they offered nothing. So I'll do the same and offer you "nothing" in my rating.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
8 Thank clackers2000
Dawson_Robert, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear clackers2000

Thank you for your feedback. I was disappointed to read that you had some concerns during your recent stay at our hotel. I would very much like an opportunity to further investigate your comments and ask that you email us at melbourne.park@hyatt.com with your stay details. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Having stayed here before I had high expectations for our stay and we were not disappointed!

On this occasion, I stayed here with a friend as we were attending a function on site, upon arrival we were greeted by friendly staff at valet parking. Our twin room wasn’t ready upon arrival so we were given another room, within minutes of arriving at our room our luggage arrived and housekeeping arrived to split the bed to accommodate twin beds we had requested.

The room was spacious, clean and had nice views. My favourite was the Nespresso coffee machine, made me feel like I was at home. The bathroom was luxurious, with a corner bath with TV, massage jets in the shower, and all the complementary little extras.

Cocktails at the Radii bar were great, with so many to choose from the bartender helped us with our selection.

The room service was quick, and we loved the cheerfulness of the staff member who came to deliver our hot chips at 1.30am. All staff that we dealt with during our stay were friendly, professional and happy to assist with anything that we needed.

Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dawson_Robert, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear shazm77

Thank you for passing on your feedback. I am very pleased to learn that the high standards of service we strive for are appreciated by our guests. Positive comments such as yours encourage our colleagues to work even harder to exceed guest expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2013

You are definitely stepping into another realm when you stay here. From your initial greeting to your check in, they definitely give their guests first class treatment. Every little request, they deliver - we had trouble with the toner in the business center and since it was a weekend, they wouldn't be able to get any toner until Monday. We just sent the document to the front desk, which they printed off and delivered to our room. The food is fantastic, the service is fantastic. The only thing about this location is that, if you don't have a car to get around the city, then you're kind of out of luck because you're not within walking distance to many of the attractions, though you are about a 10 - 15 minute walk to the free tram and probably a 10 minute walk to the nearest restaurant (other than the Radii).

Room Tip: I always recommend calling in to book (if possible). You may be able to get some free upgrades or e...