“Best Day Spa I've ever been to.....”

Ranked #8 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I would have to make a special mention of the Day Spa in the Park Hyatt Hotel- I have been to many many day spas around the world and I would have to say that this is one of the best, if not the best I have ever been to. I have been here over 10 times. The facilities are fantastic. ALL the staff are very professional and extremely skilled at what they do from massages, facials, pedicures, manicures. It is a very blissful way to spend a few hours in the middle of the city and I would highly recommend it for any visitor to Melbourne or indeed anyone who lives in Melbourne.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank intrepid_pixie
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor…

I was delighted to hear your more than positive comments about our day spa and can assure you that these have been shared with the manager of the Park Club Health and Day Spa! Comments of this nature can only encourage our team to go even further when it comes to delivering the levels of high service that we like to pride ourselves on delivering.

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally introduce you to our Park Spa manager.

There are newer reviews for Park Hyatt Melbourne

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Great location just out of the city. Staff friendly and knowledgeable and able to book excursions through the hotel. We also had a organized tour with a private guide by the hotel. Restuarants knowledge not as thorough as other Hyatts. Upgraded to larger room; however, the room had no view. Not a big deal but a bit of a disappointment given our Platinum status. Modern and comfortable. Lobby decor seems a bit outdated and could use a good redo. Gym was modern and was used regularly during our stay. We opted to eat outside the restaurant based on other reviews. Overall, good location, decent price, food unknown, staff helpful. Would rec. a refresh on the decor. Would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. It was certainly very candid and your comments, both the positive and negative kind, have been taken on board and will be shared with all. Especially the knowledge of the restaurant staff as that is imperative! Your other notes regarding the décor have been digested and will certainly be considered when we enter into what we would like to call a restoration programme.

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

After a bumpy check in (had to wait room not ready, finally got room at 245 but was late for tennis) we were v pleasantly surprised at how spacious the room was, beautiful bathroom and it felt like we were in a studio apartment than a hotel room! V quiet hotel and lifts immediately came! Bed was v comfortable! Could not fault the room! Swimming pool was fantastic as was the gym! Thought the staff at spa were a touch snobby! Location fantastic and quiet! Turn down service was wonderful and the housekeeping staff were extremely polite and charming! Stayed for a week and would return! One of the nicest hotels I have stayed in! My daughter loved it as did my husband! Well done park Hyatt and thank you!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank marolli

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review! I liked the heading, “A wonderful and relaxing stay!” Does not get much better than that!! That said, I cannot turn a blind eye to your comment about the “bumpy check-in” and will ensure your comments are shared with our fromnt office manager. They can only assist us on our constant striving for excellence !

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Having stayed at most of the good hotels in Melbourne over many years, I rank Park Hyatt no 1 for hotels in this beautiful city. The art-deco interior design gives the hotel a certain timeless beauty and elegance that keeps us coming back here. The location is also great, being a little out of the CBD - but not far - and nestled beside a magnificent piece of architecture in Melbourne, St Patrick's Cathedral.

While Melbourne seemed pretty busy when we visited just before Christmas, the hotel was quiet and the staff were not rushed. The food in the restaurant, Radii, was very good. The hotel staff were always pleasant and attentive, one of the porters in particular being outstanding.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank petereturra

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that after staying in most of Melbourne’s five star hotels, you finally found Park Hyatt Melbourne. I do hope that you will return and that when you do you will contact me directly so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

I write this trusting you are well and look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbouren.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed here ten years ago and remember it being very special. On this trip, we felt that everything was very average. Front desk was very helpful but decor was dated and does not live up to the Park Hyatt label. Should be downgraded to a Hyatt Regency level. The pool and gym were very nice. The spa staff, however, was very snobby and unhelpful. Hotel overall needs a refresh. Club room was nice with canapés in the evenings.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor, albeit not really that of a positive one.

I was sorry to read of your disappointing stay / feelings! I would hope that you would allow us to redeem ourselves and that said, I would appreciate your contacting me directly so that I can assist you.

I trust you are well and thank you again for your honest feedback.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Beautiful hotel, the most helpful service I have ever encountered. Highest recommendation in every department from food to decor. The concierge was most helpful in suggesting and obtaining restaurant reservations at a reasonable hour during this peak holiday time, an invaluable service since this was our first trip to Melbourne.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 12luv2travel
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and my apologies for not responding sooner, especially given the title for your review! “Nothing but SUPERLATIVES!” What can one say to that? I was so delighted to read that you both enjoyed your stay here and I will ensure that your feedback is shared with the hotel team!!

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally assist you!

I trust you are well and thank you again for your honest feedback.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We have probably stayed at this beautiful hotel 20 times since it opened and it is our Melbourne favourite. Every inch of this art deco inspired beauty is a delight. Even the basic rooms are a wonderful balance between glamour and comfort. I'm not suggesting that little things can't go wrong- of course they can in a large hotel- but one word to the staff and graceful backflips are immediately executed to put things right.

We recently hosted family for a weekend for a 60 th birthday celebration here and there is no doubt the hotel contributed to the making of an important family memory.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the staff cleaning rooms and air conditioners
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Denpic

Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor and indeed for your fantastic support over the years! Great to read that you enjoy staying here and that you have been staying with us since we opened. I was also delighted to read that the birthday celebrations went well.

Let me know when you plan to return so that I can assist you with your reservation!!

I trust you are well and thank you again for your honest feedback. My apologies too for my somewhat late reply!!