“Great!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
Hobart, Australia
“Great!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

It's the little things!! The extremely comfortable bed and the coffee machine were the stand outs! On the edge of the city and so seconds away from the noise and action! Perfect location! only negative was that breakfast was over the top expensive.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank linda17095
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you will return and that when you do you will contact me directly so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

I trust you are well.

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Dix Hills, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed here for a special occasion. Su, the Assistant Front Desk Manager, sent us a bottle of champagne. But since we do not drink, we asked Molly, from housekeeping, to take it back. She replaced it with very nice box of chocolates! Great customer service!

The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. Even our maid helped us with our Penguin tour!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jack P
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor! Great that you both enjoyed your stay and that our team were able to make the experience all the more memorable. I can assure you that you note has been shared with all concerned and with thanks!! We exceeded your expectations!

I hope that you will return to Melbourne and that when you do you will contact me so that I can assist with making a reservation for you.

All the best,

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We've stayed at several of Melbourne's top hotels over the years but this is certainly the best - the rooms are very spacious and attractively furnished. The bathroom is great and with a separate shower so that you don't have to climb over a bath!
So many hotel rooms are poky and lack the elegance you expect from a 5 star hotel - not so at the Park Hyatt,Melbourne.
Service was excellent as was the breakfast. And its quieter than being in the very middle of the city.
We'll certainly stay there again and that's the real test, isn't it?

1 Thank MJT195600
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your fist stay with us! Fair to say you sampled so many of our facilities and that you enjoyed these. Yes the real test is that of the return stay! Your contacting me to let me know when you plan to return would be appreciated so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements! It would be my pleasure.

I trust you are well and look forward to hearing from you soon and ultimately, to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne.

Downunder
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We have just completed our 4th stay at the Park Hyatt and I will not stay anywhere else in Melbourne. In my opinion, it's one of the best hotels in Australia. (I work in travel so am qualified to make this comment!)

Fhe moment you arrive, the stresses of travel are erased by the helpful, attentive and welcoming staff. The hotel smells divine as you enter. The rooms are beautiful with enormous walk in robe and huge bathroom. The beds are extremely comfortable and the pillows are like little clouds on which to rest your head!

We have already rebooked for March and I also book my valued clients into this hotel. Sure there are cheaper options and more centrally located MEL hotels, but we prefer the location of this hotel as it is a little away from the hussle and bussle, but you can easily walk everywhere in a short time!

BOOK IT! You won't regret it! 10/10!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here.
3 Thank LuxuryTraveller1974
Thank you for posting such wonderful comments on Trip Advisor.

I must admit that I was initially concerned as when I opened the review page all I saw was, “4th stay at the Park Hyatt. I won’t stay…….” Thankfully you went on to say, “Anywhere else!!” Crisis averted!! All that said it was certainly pleasing to read that you really do enjoy your stays with us. I hope you will return and that when you do you will book directly with me so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements!

I trust you are well and look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne again soon.

Best regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

The staff were attentive, professional and flawless in their attention to detail. King bed housed an array of the most comfortable pillows possible. The bathroom a highlight with huge corner bath and in wall television. The vanity products were high quality and other in room facilities were generous. Twinings tea and Harris coffee bags were a treat. Located on the beautiful gardens, an easy walk to Brunswick St restaurants and close to the CBD. The day spa and pool/ gym areas immaculate and luxurious. I can't wait to return for a getaway

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mousegirl1965
Simply Stunning in Every Way!! Now that’s what I call a heading!!!

Thank you so much for your glowing review on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to sample our facilities. Delighted too that you enjoyed your room and its features. The latter of which you described so well.

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally assist you.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Recently stayed for two nights while on business. Great value, the service was great, everyone was very friendly. My room was huge, modern and very comfortable. Location was perfect for both business and walkable to a great hip area where there was a Latin American festival going on. I will definitely be staying here again, both for business and with my family when I come back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank C W
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Another Job Well Done!!! Well for that I was pleased to read!

From all accounts I think fair to say that you enjoyed not only the hotel but also that of your time here in Melbourne, getting out and about exploring the local sites and indeed offerings!! All good and indeed there’s lots on and lots to do.

I hope you will return and that you will bring your family with you! Please let me know if I can assist with your travel plans! It would be a pleasure.

I trust you are well and thank you again for your great review!

Kind regards,

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed at the Park Hyatt over 2 nights for our wedding anniversary and also to relax after a recent back operation. The Park Hyatt is 5* and you get what you pay for – a 5* beautiful grand hotel with a dark wood and gold / silver décor running throughout the hotel. The service from everyone was fantastic, nothing was a problem.

We wanted a quiet time and were worried about some of the comments on trip advisor about the cathedral bells on Sunday so we booked on the other side of the hotel away from the cathedral and we did not hear a peep on Sunday morning. Simply, if you want to see the cathedral you will hear the bells if not book the other side of the hotel, no noise – easy?

We booked a spa room with a TV in the spa area and it was fantastic. The room I think was 48 square meters and was very open and spacious, the bathroom and walk in wardrobe was marble and timber excellence. The bed was a king and I loved it but the bed topper was not as plush as some other hotels but that is a personal preference.

The location of the hotel is in the government “posh” quiet area set amongst some churches and gardens (if you like that sort of thing) but the hotel is also within close walking distance to the free city tram and the CBD itself – I had a back operation 8 weeks previous and have a little trouble walking and with the free tram etc managed to get around town with minimal discomfort (if you have mobility issues you just need to work out what way the hills run and walk opposite, then catch the free tram back to where you are going)

The only issue (if that) is the cost of breakfast. At $40 a head you expect a lot. The spread is a little on the light side for the price BUT what you get is quality fresh food i.e. eggs are cooked to order so no rubber worn out omelette’s or scrambled eggs and all the staff treat you like you are a king. If $40 a head worries you then just go to the CBD. There are millions of cafes for you to choose from. You may get cheaper but may not get any better.

I must commend the staff that helped my wife late on Sunday night trying to track down something that she had left in a cab. They went out of their way, registered a call and also spoke with the cab company directly trying hard to get the item back to us – unfortunately it looks like another passenger in the cab wanted the item more so it could not be located – simply, don’t leave things in cabs!!!

The hotel is fantastic, the food is fantastic and everyone at the hotel was friendly and fantastic. I would recommend the Park Hyatt to anyone who enjoys the good life.

Room Tip: If you want to see the cathedral and hear the bells on Sunday book that side, if not book the other...
1 Thank Nev64
Thank you thank you thank you for writing such an amazing review on Trip Advisor!

Having read your review I can really only thank you for such a detailed posting that was full of so many positive points! Really appreciate your taking the time to do this. All that said, I noted your comments about the breakfast and shared these with our director of food and beverage and also our executive chef. All feedback is useful and we will most certainly look into this matter as there is usually an abundance of food on hand.

I hope that you and your wife will return and that when you do you will contact me so that I can personally look after your accommodation request.

I write this trusting you are well and hope you are enjoying the weekend.

Kind regards,