Park Hyatt Melbourne
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$109
$87
Radisson
$198
$178
Westin.com
  • Pool
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$183
$158
  • Breakfast included
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$108
$104
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$161
$98
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $116/night.

Melbourne Marriott Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$144
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $163/night.

Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$93
$86
  • Restaurant
The Langham, Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$254
$173
$191
$183
Priceline
  • Pool
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$120
$102
  • Fitness center
3,102 results
All reviewsradii restaurantpark loungeclub deluxepatrick's cathedralnespresso machinefitzroy gardensking roomspa roomluxury hotelbeautiful hotelwedding nightroom servicerooms are largeparliament housetop endcollins streethigh tea
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at the Park Hyatt while attending a conference for two days. The rooms and facilities were of an exceptionally high standard. The bathroom had a large luxurious spa, and rooms were spacious with large comfortable bed and many pillows. There was a business/work desk as well as a lounge chair and table, and this was in the standard room.
The breakfasts provided were excellent, especially the freshly cooked eggs. Great range of fruits, grain breads as well as cereals and pastries. The food provided for the conference lunches and morning and afternoon teas were delicious and a great variety of items was on offer. The room service dining would benefit from a range of light or healthy choices for light snacks rather than just the club sandwiches and burgers with salad and fries.
The hotel is located near Parliament House and Fitzroy Gardens ( which includes Captain Cooks Cottage), and historic churches. A slightly longer walk reaches Chinatown and shopping areas.
It was a luxurious venue, making for an enjoyable stay, and allowing relaxation in the pool or gym after conference sessions.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank vagabondAustralia
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

I have just read your great review on Trip Advisor and wanted to thank you for posting these!

I think fair to assume you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to both sample many of the hotels facilities and also enjoy that of the hotel’s location. The latter we think is great as it offers the best of both worlds. No need to tell you that as you highlighted that in your feedback.

I hope that you will return and that when you do you will contact me directly so that I can personally look after your reservation.

I trust you are well.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

My son and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of October. We were fortunate enough to stay in a terrace suite which was huge! Best bathroom I have seen in a hotel and it even had a separate toilet - love that. Walk in robe was fantastic and that is where you will find a coffee machine and kettle. Heaps of hanging space and plenty of room for bags. Room was quiet and I didn't hear any noise from the other rooms. Room was spotless. My son had a roll a way bed and he wanted to take it home with him as it was so comfortable.
Dinner in the radii was beautiful. My son suffers from life threatening allergies as well as coeliac disease and they took my concerns seriously and cooked him in his words the best meal he has ever had!
If you can afford it book a club room. Club lounge is very spacious and the food and drinks at night were wonderful. Rate also includes breakfast.
The suite was a real treat for us - don't know if we will be able to afford it next year but we will certainly be booking a club room. Am looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: Higher floors have lovely views.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tasgirl35

Thank you for taking the time to post comments on Trip Advisor. I loved the title of your piece “Fantastic Hyatt!”

I think fair to say that you and your son enjoyed your stay and indeed the Terrace Suite! The latter are super rooms and offer great views too of the cathedral. I was delighted also to read that we were able to cater to your son’s needs while you both dined in radii. That said I hope that he is well.

I hope that when you return next year that you will contact me directly so that I can assist you.

We look forward to welcoming you and of course your son, back to Park Hyatt Melbourne.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is another great Park Hyatt from the Hyatt chain. Nice location (just a couple of blocks from the main shopping area), and amazing Art Decco style....lots of wood, metals and marble. The room was large with all the possible amenities. The only Park Hyatt with a Park Club Lounge of all the Park Hyatt hotels. Myrna runs the Club and she is a great hostess. Appetizers and drinks were exceptional. Breakfast is offered at the restaurant and for an additional $8 AU you can have hot eggs. Look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: High floor...with access to the Park Club Lounge.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ted C

Thank you for your wonderful review in Trip Advisor.

I think you highlighted all of our main attributes so and in saying that I was delighted to read that you like what we like to think sets us apart from our competitors!! I was also delighted to read your comment about Myrna in the Park Lounge and can assure you that these will be shared with her and that she will be rewarded. Again, thank you!

Do let me know if you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

I trust you are well and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and enjoyed most things about it. The staff are friendly and helpful and the restaurant (Radii) excellent. Our suite was a bit on the bland side but not too bad. However, what really lets the hotel down is the charge they apply for in-room internet. We paid AU$750 per night for our suite and internet was another AU$29 per day on top of this. When we questioned this charge on top of our suite rate we were told that all rooms in the hotel must pay for in-room internet. I think that in Australia, you can probably get home internet packages for a whole month for around $29!! This is the 21st century and in-room internet access so you can surf or check mails at your leisure is almost a necessity. For a hotel to be ripping guests off in this way in today's society is totally unacceptable. Next time we go to Melbourne, we'll check in somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Derek S

Thank you for your candid comments in Trip Advisor.

While all-in-all positive I cannot ignore your comment about the internet. This is not as simple as our giving it away as we purchase it from a third party and with that we sell it on. I can assure you that we are looking at a better way to combat the negativity with charging and will hopefully have something to communicate on this sometime in 2013. Watch this space.

I ask that you contact me directly when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation request!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights (the first was our wedding night). This hotel was lovely. The room was very large and comfortable. We ate in the restaurant and had a delicious meal. The hotel is very clean. The location was great and we were able to walk to a nice place for breakfast. We will definitely stay here for our wedding anniversary!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tancred32

Thank you for your fantastic comments! That and congratulations on your recently getting married!

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your two nights with us and note that you said you might look to returning for your anniversary! Please let me know if you do so that I can personally look after your reservation!!

I trust you are both well and that married life if being good to you both!