“Personal service - more like a boutique hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection

Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection
Ranked #17 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Sydney, Australia
“Personal service - more like a boutique hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

I've stayed in many of the business hotels in Melbourne, but have often found them to be efficient, but not very cosy or personal. But on the recommendation of a colleague, I tried Hotel Lindrum for my last visit, and hugely appreciated their advice.
The facilities and rooms are typical business hotel (with quite large rooms), but what stood out for me was the personal service from the moment I walked in through the door. Rather than a large impersonal reception, it felt like walking into a large house, with an ambience that I'd not experienced in the large glitzy hotels south of the Yarra.
Normally, I hate eating alone in hotels, and will go out for a meal, but this time I enjoyed sitting at the bar with a light meal, and appreciating the conversation with the bar staff (not too intrusive, but didn't leave me feeling patronised). Great job.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelLindrum, General Manager at Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Raymong
Firstly, a big thank you to your colleague for introducing us! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, it really sounds like you felt right at home. Your special mention of our friendly team is much appreciated – travelling alone can be lonely, but you can be sure when you stay at Lindrum we will keep you good company.

We hope we will see you again soon on your next visit to Melbourne

Warm Regards
Michelle Bradshaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

The Lindrom is a jewel that has the most friendly and helpful staff yet is sophistiacted in offering most of want you would look for in a much bigger and probably more expensive hotel. Yes Boutiuque hotels can work at a reasonalble price. Convenient to the main tourist spots in the CBD and to shopping in Collins Street. My wife and I have stayed twice and hope to do so many times again

Room Tip: The two rooms we had were both quiet - no great views but that hardly matters
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with MGallery Hotels

Dear GlennRees847

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community. Your kind mention of our friendly team is very much appreciated and we are so pleased to hear that you hope to visit again soon. There is no greater compliment than your loyalty, thank you.

We look forward to your return

Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

We recently spent one night at the Hotel Lindrum in a superior room. The room was spacious and simply but tastefully furnished. Very comfortable bed with an assortment of pillows. Good quality toiletries and - very important - a decent hairdryer. Shower over bath plus a separate shower.
Breakfast was a small continental buffet plus hot can be ordered from menu - $35 for buffet plus one hot dish which is overpriced. Very comfortable bar with open fire. We noticed some rooms had newspapers hanging on door but we weren't offered a paper.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
Dear riverMelbourne

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Hotel Lindrum. It is great to read also that you appreciated the quality inclusions and amenities we offer and I am sure you will agree they make all the difference.

Your feedback regarding breakfast is appreciated and we are currently working on a new offering which we know will be well received.

I am very sorry that you were not offered a newspaper, this is usually offered upon arrival to all guests however our team must have missed it on this occasion. We do also provide a selection of complimentary newspapers in our lobby each morning for guests who may not have selected a newspaper on arrival.

Thank you for sharing your feedback to assist us in providing a truly unique experience.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon

Sincerely
Auckland Central, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

Have stayed here twice and enjoyed it both times.
Rooms are well appointed , bed very comfortable.
Staff are very friendly and efficient.
Location is good if you heading for tennis or cricket ground etc. Not far to walk for Collins Street etc. Difficult to get a taxi so not that easy if you working / socialising in St.Kilda / Prahan etc.

Cleanliness
Dear ponsonbypete
Thank you for sharing your review with the travel community, it is so fantastic to hear that you enjoyed the many elements that make Hotel Lindrum unique.
Although taxis in Melbourne can occasionally be a challenge during peak periods, our team will do all they can to assist ensuring we help our guests to their commitments on time.
Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope will we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Lindrum for 5 nights in July. The staff, particularly Alex at the front desk were all wonderful. I appreciated that Alex remembered and greeted me by my name each day. Kind of a cool boutique hotel touch.
The hotel is located centrally in Melbourne. Right across the street is the free City Center trolly, although it was just as easy to pretty much walk everywhere. I walked from the hotel to the conference center most days.
The hotel room was clean, bright, and well appointed. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in. There was free wifi. I found the room to be quiet and slept well.
I can't say enough good things about the hotel. I will certainly stay here again next time I'm in Melbourne.

Room Tip: I liked staying on the 4th floor. The ceilings were very tall.
Dear NYCtraveler33Nyc

Thank you for your fantastic review, it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly. Your special mention of Alex is greatly appreciated, he is a great host and I am sure you will agree his personalised service makes all the difference.
I agree with you completely our beds are so comfortable, the only problem is having to get out of them each morning!

Thank you again for sharing your “awesome” Lindrum experience

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip