“Walking distance to the center and other interesting places”

Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection
Ranked #17 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Aalsmeer, The Netherlands
“Walking distance to the center and other interesting places”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

*Location: in walking distance of many interesting places as it is in the City center. Taxi drive between the airport and the hotel is about 30min.

*Room (Studio Queen Room):
-Wifi is free and the speed of the connection is good (I was on the 2nd floor.
-Bed was great to sleep on
-View in my room was one big wall, don't think the hotel can do anything about this as the hotel is located between two large buildings (one of them being a parking garage) ).
-Bathroom was not that great, I'm missing a good shower not integrated with the bathtub as this one was a bit unhandy.

*Breakfast: good and fast

*Check-out:
Service was good and fast

*Bill Comment:
Strange way of getting the bill. You see different amounts for the room price for every night you stayed in. Also breakfast "included" does mean all is included. If you order some of the items you will be charged for, but this was unknown to me at the time of the ordering.

All in all a good hotel to stay in if you need to be in this area of the city.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HotelLindrum, Manager at Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your stay with us. We really appreciate all guest feedback.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our beds and the service you received was efficient.

Although I am glad to hear you enjoyed your breakfast experience I do sincerely apologise that the breakfast offering which includes both continental buffet and one cooked item from the à la carte menu was not explained to you fully. We will take your comments on board.

As you noticed, we are positioned between two tall buildings on either side of the hotel. If your preference is for a view please note that we do in fact have some rooms at the front of the hotel that have large windows so therefore a city view is provided. We do also have a few rooms with a separate shower and bath, these are available on a request basis.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will consider returning in the future.

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Friendly, helpful and efficient staff, excellent location on the free tram route and an easy walk to all the major attractions. Our room was spotlessly clean, comfortable and spacious; the only downside was the view onto the brick wall of a neighbouring building. Would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again if we returned to Melbourne.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelLindrum, Manager at Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay and found our location a convenient base during your visit to Melbourne.

We trust this will not deter you from returning.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

we loved this place. the staff were great and very helpful. i would definitely stay there again. the location is convenient but i think it was the service and the attitude of the staff that impressed me. Add a very comfortable room and bed, and free wifi, it made a great overall stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We really appreciate your comments. Thank you.

It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay from the service to the bed and the complimentary WiFi.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Sydney
Reviewed April 5, 2014

The Lindrum is a great find in Melbourne. A boutique hotel conveniently located within walking distance of Collins st and the laneways with lots of restaurants. Not much of a view but the rooms are spacious and well fitted out. The staff are great - they remember you, and nothing is a problem. The hotel has a cosy bar and with the adjacent billiard table you feel like you are in a club rather than a hotel. the atmosphere is contagious and everyone tends to be friendly.
Its a great hotel for work or visiting Melbourne.

Room Tip: I think the rooms to the rear of the building are quieter, although completely lacking in views.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,

It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed the boutique nature of Hotel Lindrum. We pride ourselves on our friendly and thoughtful service and your observations are greatly appreciated.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere of our back-bar and billiard area which is part of the interesting history of this building.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 3, 2014

From the moment I arrived I was impressed by the warm welcome I received from staff. The luxurious relaxed atmosphere and surroundings hit you instantly, with lush couches, artworks, wood panelling, billard table, bar area, mood lighting and colours, coming together to create a setting of indulgence and intimacy.
My room was huge - I think I may have been upgraded - it included a plasma screen built into a cabinet at the end of the bed, a sofa beyond that and a large wardrobe. The bed was probably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on, with high quality mattress, excellent pillows and soft linen. Bathroom was a good size, clean and functional. Bar fridge was stocked with an excellent range of drinks, including french champagne.There is no view from the window but the room was so lovely I didn't feel any need to look beyond it.
I had a very pleasant meal in the hotel restaurant, and, as a vegetarian, I appreciated the options within the menu. The food came quickly, was well cooked and of a high standard presentation. Again, the customer service was outstanding.
Apart from all the wonderful aspects mentioned above, what really left an impression for me was the way I was treated on departure. The hotel staff had organised a cab and it was taking forever to arrive. The staff member must have called the cab company at least three times to chase and then tried an alternative company they had an existing relationship with. He kept me informed, and he was clearly trying extremely hard to resolve the situation. I found his determination and professionalism exemplary - I had checked out and yet the high level of customer service extended well beyond my paying the bill. I will be staying here every time I visit Melbourne - it is too good not to.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Johanna690
Dear guest,

Thank you for providing your in-depth review on your recent stay with us.

It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed the boutique nature of Hotel Lindrum. We really appreciate that you noticed the ‘special touches’ that make the hotel special.

It is great to hear that you felt the customer service you received was of a high standard and left you with a lasting impression.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

My wife and I stayed for a Saturday night recently when we went to the Melbourne Comedy Festival. The staff were attentive and professional. Our room was spacious and well appointed. I enjoyed breakfast because we could choose between a la carte or buffet. My breakfast of salmon poached eggs was excellent. The hotel is well located on busy Flinders Street yet has a intimate and welcoming feel.

Room Tip: make time to sit in the ground floor lounge area and notice the professional staff go about their wo...
Dear guest,

We really appreciate your comments. Thank you.

It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay while attending the Melbourne Comedy Festival.

Thank you for your feedback in relation to our breakfast. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the variety on offer and your selection from our à la carte menu.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Guest relations
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Great location on Flinders Street. Close to Fed Square and the eclectic Melbourne laneways. Checkin was efficient and we were in our room within 5 minutes. The room itself (Studio) was very good the only negatives was the view of a carpark from the window but to be honest that didn't matter as we were never in the room long enough with all that Melbourne has to offer. The airconditioner was a tad noisy at times but again no big deal. The bed was super comfortable and we slept well. We only ate once in the hotel and that was room service breakfast which was a treat and good value. Overall I was very pleased with the Lindrum and I will be back. It is probably more a hotel for adults who like a bit of class and luxury but who like us are on a budget. Definitely well placed for accessing MCG, Rod Laver Arena etc.

Dear guest,

It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel! Thank you for your review.

It sounds like you really enjoyed both the hotel and our location with easy access to Melbourne sports and entertainment precinct.

Thank you for your mention in relation to room service breakfast. We are delighted you enjoyed your experience.

I apologise that we can’t do much to change the view in our city centre location. We are pleased to hear that this will not deter you from returning.