“One of my faves in Melbourne”

Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection
Ranked #18 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Have stayed here a few times. The rooms are lovely and spacious.
Really like the DVD lending service. It is a classy hotel and I love the art deco design.

Always leave feeling sad! It is just such a lovely hotel and is so different from others which sets it apart

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SusannahPK
HotelLindrum, General Manager at Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to learn that Hotel Lindrum is one of your favourites. We very much appreciate your comments and your continued loyalty.

We look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy our points of difference.

Best Wishes,

Anne Marie Lennon
General Manager.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I confess that I love historic buildings that have been given a new life so this old tea store fits the bill ! It is nothing like the glass palaces that abound at this end of town. From the heavy wooden door at the front that says different to the billiard table in the bar and the open fire. The staff are very friendly and efficient. All was good.
The rooms comfy without being flash were all quality. If there is a downside there is a bit of plumbing/aircon noise and the view of the next building wall means the curtains stay closed. Rooms are mostly for sleeping anyhow.
I wish I had more time to spend in the bar and billiard room as it felt great.
Would I recommend it? Yes, try for a room with a view.

Room Tip: Front rooms would have a view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarcusBVictoria
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Warm & charming with a lot of style. I stayed 2 nights at the Lindrum and loved it. Great check in experience by Alex (I wish all front desk staff at other hotels were this efficient, cool and just plain friendly). My room was huge, high ceiling and very spacious. Bed was super comfy and the bathroom large as well. A gret mix of old charm and contemporary style. Room service dinner was delicious and fast. Breakfast in the restaurant is stunning. I had eggs Benedict and they were the best i had in a hotel in years (and I travel a lot). The billard table at te back of the lobby lounge was handsome and was fun to use (though my boss beat me in both games....I'm not stupid). Overall staff 10/10, food & beverage 10/10, sleep comfort 10/10, location 10/10 (for business). My new favorite hotel in Melb. Try it, you will love it. I did.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed here on business and was very impressed with the room and the service. The bed was really comfortable and the bathroom was gorgeous. The restaurant was also really nice and the staff were professional and lovely. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Rimski75
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Nice interior and interesting decor. Room was large with high ceilings. Furnshiings were a little basic and dated. Bed was OK, Batchroom was nice. Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Exterior noise was a little bothersome - my room faced an alley and the garbage pick up came through and was loud. Unless I could be sure that I had a front facing room, not sure that I'd bother with a repeat visit.

Room Tip: ASk for something facing the main street - or at a minimum, not the alley
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2012

we received a discounted rate through my work so for what we paid (less than $200 per night) it was a great find for us for our first weekend in melbourne.

positives:
-continental breakfast had a very good spread and selection (fruit, bread, pastry, cereal, oatmeal, etc etc)
-like the small boutique atmosphere and loved lounging by the fire in the lobby area
-staff are very friendly and polite
-location is great: we walked to the AFL game and all around the city for sightseeing
-clean and liked the complimentary chocolate and cookies

negatives:
-view from our room as of a parking lot so we kept the shades closed the whole time (which was fine with us as we were out and about during the day and usually sleep with shades closed anyway)
-TV was pretty small and seemed pretty outdated compared to the typical large flat screen TVs you see at hotels now (but again, this was fine as we didn't spend much time inside watching TV but it would've been nice as we were watching the olympic opening ceremony)
-odd furniture: what was most likely an old TV hutch was still in the room but with no TV so there was this piece of furniture in the room that we just used as a dresser and to put our bags in where a TV used to be

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2012

After staying elsewhere in Melbourne on a number of occasions, I recently returned to the Lindrum and was very pleasantly surprised that it was looking and feeling as good as, or better than, ever. Everything is very well maintained and the hotel has a really warm and calm feel to it. Fantastic size bathroom, great in-room storage, high ceilings and warm furnishings help to give the Lindrum a luxurious feel. The staff were excellent and the public areas retain their charm. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business