We travelled to Melbourne over Xmas and stayed for 6 nights in an 2 bedroom interconnecting apartment at the Mantra on Russell. Being the busy xmas period coupled with the Boxing Day cricket test match, demand for units in Melbourne was high and consequently we paid top dollar for our accommodation. That said what we got was a large,well appointed and clean apartment which was fully self-contained, including washing machine and clothes dryer (essential for a travelling family) that met our needs very well (and they were serviced daily!). The decor was a bit old fashioned, the lighting a bit dim and the carpets probably need replacing, but this did not detract from what was a very enjoyable stay for us. As mentioned in other reviews on this property, the hotel staff were excellent and could not be more helpful. Nothing was too much trouble and everything was dealt with efficiently and pleasantly. Kudos to all of them. We only dined in the Up One restaurant on the 1st floor on one occasion for dinner and had an excellent meal. The Mantra is almost right on China Town and only a short walk to the Lygon Street restaurant precinct so this was very handy. Also the Bourke Street mall is also only less than a 5 minute walk away. In summary, we enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to stay again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra on Russell is within close proximity to all of Melbourne's premium attractions including boutique shopping, famous eat streets and a superb array of cafes and bars, theatres, sporting venues and cultural experiences. Mantra on Russell offers studio and apartment-style rooms all featuring air-conditioning, fully-equipped kitchens, bathrooms, laundry facilities and most apartments also have a private balcony. For business travellers rooms can double as an office with direct-dial ISDN telephones with voicemail, data-point and broadband access in all rooms. With a range of facilities and services including 24-hour reception, concierge service, heated swimming pool, spa, fully-equipped gymnasium and Home Kitchen & Bar located within Mantra on Russell which provides breakfast, lunch, dinner and 24 hour room service. Undercover parking is available at a cost. Please Note: Mantra on Russell has a strict NO PARTY POLICY and enforced to ensure the comfort of all our guests ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra On Russell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra On Russell Melbourne
- Mantra On Russell Hotel Melbourne