InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
Oaks on Market(Melbourne)
  • Fitness center
  • Room Service
2,315 results
All reviewsthe club loungealluvial restaurantambassador membermarket lanecollins streetjunior suitebeautiful hotelnatural lightrain showerstar hotelheritage buildinghigh teaan upgradevalet parkingbuffet breakfastcrown casinosouthern cross station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in May 2014 and as soon as you arrive you are welcomed warmly by the concierge and escorted through to the reception area. The "wow factor" hits you as soon as you walk through the doors, the building is nothing like I have ever seen for a hotel - it has a modern updated feel to it but it somehow manages to still maintain the historical feel to the whole building. Our room was very comfortable with a King Sized bed and more than enough room for our short stay. The door to the bathroom caught us both out as it was extremely difficult to open to the point that I thought that I was locked in a couple of times which could be difficult for people who lack the strength to get out of the room - I am not sure if that was just our room or if it is the same design throughout the hotel.

Breakfast was a lovely buffet style meal with a wide variety available.

I would happily use this hotel again when visiting the city.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly S
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear KellyE,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you had a lovely stay with us and thank you for your feedback regarding the bathroom door handles, this is something that we are currently investigating.
I hope on you have the opportunity to visit Melbourne again soon so that I might welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

As the over sized glass doors automatically open it welcomes you to a grand foyer and aroma that is Intercontinental.
You've arrived, welcomed by immaculately presented & efficient staff. Was a breif stay but really enjoyed it. James the chief concierge provided me with many options for dinner & scored me best seat in the house at short notice in a popular italian restaurant.
Minor issue with air con rattle, was attended to quickly & resolved.
Didn't receive the fruit plate on arrival as expected being an IHG Ambassador member.
But hey first world problems !
I enjoyed the complimentary wine and upgrade as expected.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Theblock5,

Thank you for taking the time to share the feedback from your recent stay with us at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto.

It is great to hear that James was able to assist you in reserving a table at a wonderful Italian restaurant. I am also delighted that you brought to our attention the rattle in your air-conditioning unit; it is so important that we are able to fix these issues promptly so that you can enjoy a restful night’s sleep.

I hope that we might have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful Melbourne hotel.

Beautiful foyer and visually appealing.

Parking, re dropping off bags etc, difficult out the front.
There was no bell man when we arrived with our baby for a family wedding.
So I ended up getting a trolley myself to put our bags on...and carried baby in the capsule to checkin.

That's probably my only complaint.

Rooms lovely, although ours did not have a balcony.
Bed, pillows and linen soooo comfortable.

Large soft bath sheets in bathroom.

Breakfast buffet yummy with eggs made to order.

Late check out accommodated re family gathering at breakfast after wedding.

Will be back.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights over the Anzac Day long weekend.
The most positive aspect is the attentive and impressive customer service from all staff - they really do all make a genuine effort to interact and assist. We asked to move rooms as next door room had noisy guests, and this was actioned even on such a busy weekend.
Breakfast was nice - we ate in the lower ground main restaurant as the club floor was rather small and packed when we tried (it was a busy weekend after all). Great choice of options and
definitely worth booking.
The room itself is fine - a little disappointed not to have a bath, and my only quibbles would be i'd prefer The White Company toiletries (as in Intercon Singapore) to the cheapish seeming ones provided. (sorry!!)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear GaryinSydney,

Thank you for choosing to spend your ANZAC Day Long weekend with us and for sharing your kind feedback.

It is so great to hear that you found my colleagues to be attentive and provide impressive customer service, that kind of feedback is always a pleasure to receive. I will be sure to share this with the team.

I hope on your next visit to Melbourne we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We stayed here over the Easter weekend. The hotel is well situated in the CBD area - easy access to trams and walking distance to main shopping areas, Southern Cross station and outlet shopping. The room was well appointed although a little dated. The selection at breakfast was typical buffet fare, but very nice and a good selection, including a do it yourself juice. Service was good for a busy time of day. The Club was a little small, not enough chairs at peak times - the staff managed this very well, and I guess it is time for the Management to explore another area or different groupings of tables and chairs. The lack of space wasn't helped with the many children using the Club as well. As IHG members we were upgraded - a nice room, with a very comfortable bed - and no compliants with the room or facilities. Overall - no issues and what I have come to expect staying at an Intercontinental.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LilleePillee

Dear LilleePillee,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel within walking distance to all the main shopping areas. I hope that you had the opportunity to see the new H&M store!

I hope that I might have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Sebastian Germerhausen