“Top Hotel”

Ranked #35 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Towcester, United Kingdom
“Top Hotel”
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

This is my 3rd time staying here and will definitely come back again, the staff are very helpful and the facilities are excellent. The location is ideal situated near the town centre and within easy reach of the airport also.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Nhshifty73,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your kind feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the hotel and you found my colleagues to be helpful.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cartagena, Colombia
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stay in this hotel on a regular basis for work. I find the staff very accomodating (e.g. late check in). The rooms are decent in size and clean. It's got no charm and is a business place but it does the job: comfortable bed and quiet The curtains auto open/close functionality didn't work but that's ok you can still close them. Continental Breakfast is nice

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Raphaele N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you find the hotel to meet all your needs whilst you are staying in Melbourne.

I would welcome you to visit our history display next to the Merchant restaurant next time you stay. It has some wonderful information about the beginnings of the Winfield and The Rialto buildings in which we are now housed. I hope that it might show you some of the old world charm that our buildings have. It’s important to us that you feel at home when you stay and this may help you feel more connected to your destination.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I always stay at an Intercontinental where possible, as an Ambassador member the service is second to none, the rooms are spacious and well appointed.
The staff are always on hand and ready to help at the drop of a hat, I have stayed here many times and will do every time I visit Melbourne.
Recommended

Room Tip: A senior suite is excellent
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Adelaidetraveller21,

As an InterContinental Hotel and Resorts Ambassador Member thank you for taking the opportunity to share your kind feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you find that my colleagues are always willing to assist you and are on hand for your requests. It is important to us that we make your stay as comfortable as possible.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Mackay, Australia
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at the InterContinental Rialto for 3 nights. From the moment we arrived and were greeted by the lovely Clifford until the time we left and were farewelled by Clifford you could not wipe the smiles off our faces. All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Michael from Boston and Kostas are a credit to this hotel and we appreciated their friendly banter and tips on what to do and see.
Our rooms were lovely and the bedding was extremely comfortable.
The architecture of this building is amazing and we all loved the mix of the old and new.
InterContinental Rialto, you have won my heart.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
InterContinenta... M, Owner at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Leigh H,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your kind review on Trip Advisor,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am glad that you had the opportunity to meet Cliff. He is certainly a great asset to our team and I will be sure to recognise him for his efforts.

Sydney
Reviewed March 5, 2014

What a beautiful, stunning hotel. Five stars all the way.

Perfect service from all staff and the rooms are beautiful and every need thought of. The hotel exterior and interior is amazing and you can feel the history.

Room was large and well furnished. The shower was amazing. Did not eat at hotel so cannot comment on that but imagine it was delish.

The staff cannot do enough for you and the location is great. Yes it is going to cost you more than other hotels to stay here, but sometimes it is worth it to treat yourself and experience luxury.

By far the best hotel I have ever stayed in Melbourne. STUNNING!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Sydneysider1000,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback on Trip Advisor.

It is great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I am glad that my colleagues made you feel as if nothing was too much trouble.

I hope on your next visit to Melbourne we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Traralgon, Australia
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The architecture of this building is quirky and interesting. However the service...from the moment you wander into the motel, the service is outstanding. The staff, the room, the dining area... there is nothing one could find fault with. NOT that I was looking! I often join conferences at the Saxon's building across from this and I have always wondered what this hotel was like. So , satisfying my curiosity I booked into it. After experiencing it's unparalled service, I will return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Crystalline4u
Dear Crystalline4u,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share the kind feedback from your recent stay with us at the hotel.

I am so delighted to hear that after wondering what the hotel was like for some time you choose to stay with us. I hope that your conference was successful and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We had a one night stay in this lovely hotel while in Melbourne recently. The staff were polite, courteous and helpful. The room was lovely and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom had all the complimentary items you could wish for and was a good size. We didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening but the breakfast was superb! Lovely place to stay and well positioned. There were leisure facilities available but we didn't have time to use them.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lynne L,

Thank you for sharing your kind feedback with me.

It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found my colleagues to be polite, courteous and helpful. I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast in the restaurant and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.