“Beautiful hotel in heart of Melbourne”

InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
Ranked #43 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the club level for two nights when we were in Melbourne. Absolutely gorgeous room and bathroom and I loved the building also. We had a voucher from being with priority privileges so we got two nights for the price of one which was tersely great - but would still stay even if we didn't have voucher. Club level drinks and breakfast was really good - large range and all staff were exceptional. Love this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Maya_126
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Maya_126,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and I am glad to hear that your loved the building. We are very privileged to be housed in a building with such a unique history in Melbourne.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Just returned home from Melbourne Spring Fashion week and had stayed 2 nights at the InterContinental Melbourne. I need to say that my stay was fantastic. Beautiful spacious rooms with every facility being top class. From the moment I opened the door of my car out front the service was spectacular. All the staff were very polite and extremely helpful with my every query. I would highly recommend it for a business stay or for just a fun few nights.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank daktari7

Dear Daktari7,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you found our service spectacular and also found my colleagues extremely helpful with your queries.

I hope that we are able to welcome to back to the hotel next year during Spring Fashion Week!

Kind regards

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is an excellently located hotel just up from Southern Cross Railway Station, rooms are large with all the comforts of home, staff very friendly and helpful, get a club room as the extras make it worth while. The pool is heated and a full gym keeps you healthy. Nice atmosphere

Room Tip: Book a club room well worth it
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank coffeepots
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Coffeepots,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with me.

I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and found all the comforts of home in your room.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I recently stayed in a club room with my wife for a long weekend. The service at this hotel was outstanding. The reception staff, the concierge, the staff at the club, the restaurant and bar staff, were obliging, courteous and efficient. We arrived about 6.30pm on a Friday and the check in including car-drop off was flawless even though Collins St. at peak hour on a Friday is a nightmare. The rooms are spacious, with a great set up to be able to do some work if needed and the bed was very comfortable. We used the hotel club and were made to feel at home. Breakfast in the club rooms and afternoon snacks were of a very high standard.
The location is great, the walk from the hotel into Southbank is lovely and as for places to eat, you are spoilt for choice. The architecture of the hotel is amazing, the surrounding area and Collins St. is sophisticated.
A maintenance request was met and carried out within 10 minutes. Service in all areas is world class and equal to anything we have experienced anywhere. This is the best place to stay if you want a luxury weekend in Melbourne, we have been there a number of times and will come again.

Room Tip: Room Tip: Pay the extra for an upgrade to a Club room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hans E

Dear Grumpelfuerer,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and also got to experience the benefits of our Club Lounge. We are indeed very lucky to be housed in such a beautiful historic building right in the city of Melbourne and the architecture is always a talking point for our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've stayed here a number of times as it's close to the office. The team are very helpful and welcoming. At check in the manager welcomed me back and said she remembered me from My many stays in Perth. She had transferred to Melbourne over a year ago. I was upgraded and had a beautiful Jr suite. Room 333 - very large beautiful room. Views not great but know that most views from this hotel are not. Wifi was good durning the night. Horrible in the am. I had Club access which offered drinks at night and breakfast. Took advantedge of the breakfast. Fast service and was also able to check out from the club. I will come back as it's so close to office. It's not the best in town one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in in a long time. I LOVE feather pillows.

Room Tip: Room 333 is an excellent choice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tnfonseca
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Tnfonseca,

Thank you for taking the the time to share your kind review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that our Duty Manager Cassinda, remembered you from your stays in Perth and that your enjoyed your upgrade to room 333. It is indeed a lovely room.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Mywife was in Melbourne for business so we the executive option with access to the lounge. Food was excellent in lounge and restaurant. We had a large room with high ceilings and seperate walk in wardrobe. Very nice bathroom with seperate bath and shower. The room was a bit cold though and noisy as were on street side. Staff were very nice and helpful. I did not like the fact that the pool and fitness were unsupervised - minor detail.

Room Tip: Depending on budget, would try and get a large room with heigh ceiling.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jeanp1964,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel and thank you for sharing your feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed the benefits of our Club Lounge and also found the food in the restaurant excellent. I will be sure to share this feedback with the team.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Melbourne and the hotel again soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

rooms were alright, average bathroom... good shower etc.... rooms kinda small, tv basic channels, hotel rooms look within 20m of the opposide hotel room....

good points: curtains can be raised/lowered via bedside table
good points: breakfast included in room rate was alright, bacon was disgusting
bad points: price
bad points: crappy tv channels

there are much better hotels in melbourne. for much cheaper.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear m4ochan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

I was disappointed to note that the TV channels we have on offer did not meet your requirements.

We have over 40 TV channels in all of our guest rooms including five 24 hour news channels, five FOXTEL sports channels, including FOX Footy and all of Melbourne’s free to air channels. We also we recently upgraded our FOXTEL subscription to include some lighter entertainment for your viewing pleasure. These new channels included Arena, Showcase, The Lifestyle Channel, Bio, amongst a host of others.

I would welcome you to contact me at the hotel so I can discuss this feedback with you further.