“Nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
Adelaide
“Nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Have stayed a couple of times now for business trips, very nice hotel, service is good and it is nice and quiet. Great breakfast.
The rooms are very big and have all the amenities you need. The staff are very attentive and service in the restaurant and in the bars is very good. The airconditioning was a little warm and the room we had our conference in was a little stuffy but other than that it was excellent.

Room Tip: Get a room that is a few floors up so you don't get noise from the restaurant and the lifts
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AdelaideSC021
InterContinenta... M, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear AdelaideSC021,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto the team and hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Sebastian Germershausen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband had a business meeting and I tagged along for an overnight stay.
We were made to feel very welcome by the reception staff.
The hotel is in a great location for everything.

We had a little issue with the A/C overnight, however it was well handled by the night staff and the morning staff followed up.

The staff at breakfast were very professional and friendly and the selection of food was great for us.

We will definitely be back, but for longer next time.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank JustJilliBeanO
Dear Jilli Bean O,

Thank you for sharing your review, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you and your husband back again in the future.

Geelong, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Spent a night here. Great location, close to shops, transport and restaurants. Staff were great, rooms nice and quiet. I was just a little disappointed that I did have a bath in the room. For the price you pay, I think it should be a given. That said lovely rooms and would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kazm76
Dear Kazm76,

Thank you for sharing your review. As you would have noticed during your stay the hotel is an old heritage building which unfortunately does not allow for bath tubs in every room. I hope you enjoyed the unique aspects of the property however and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed 3 nights using Priority Club points. So, had a tiny but adequate, Japanese-style room. Was allowed to join the Club Lounge for a reasonable fee and was happy that we did so for complimentary breakfast and Happy Hour.. Had a decent size swimming pool for a city hotel and a so-so gym. Interesting adaptive reuse of two historic buildings joined by a glass-covered atrium and catwalk. Staff was very nice. Would go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TuanBesar69
Dear TuanBesar69,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Melbourne, Victoria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This really isn't one of the top hotels in Melbourne. The porters, check-in (on this occasion) and some of the restaurant staff do a good job but overall there's an inconsistency in service and vibe about the place that made me feel less than comfortable.
This time here (my third) I booked a twin room because last time (unreviewed) I got a "king" bed made up of two smaller beds pushed together. One twin bed squeaked and moved but fortunately the other one was more stable. Comfort-wise it was ok but nothing special and far from the comfort I've experienced at other hotels in the city. The bathroom was fine but tight and equivalent to a four star hotel. Overall this is a nice hotel but is not a great hotel and I would recommend staying elsewhere if you're looking for a luxurious stay or planning a special occasion because I think there's a good chance you'll be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 12345678966
InterContinenta... M, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear 12345678966,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your experience and would very much like the opportunity to speak to you about this further. I have sent you my personal contact details via private message and invite you to contact me to discuss your experience.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have stayed here before a few times but not written a review - thought I would do so this time.
Our visit was for one night only, and we had a very early 7.30am arrival time at the hotel. We could have had a room straight away but they said our upgraded room (as my wife is a Platinum Ambassador member) was not available at that time.
Receptionist said she would phone me when available. I have been to other hotels where they say they will phone and most of they time that does not happen. However I did receive a message about three hours later advising our room was available - so a 10.30am check in for me was great service.
The thing I like about the hotel is that it is only about a five minute walk away from the middle of the city, or say the casino (not that we use that but just to give an idea where it is).
Inside our room (it was only one upgrade from the standard room we booked but hey an upgrade is an upgrade) which was on the top floor (Ambassador level) and all amenities as you would expect. I really enjoy the coffee machine in the room with coffee capsules.
The Intercontinental also offer Ambassador members a late check out of 4pm and so we used that option as well as we had a late evening flight back to Sydney.
Breakfast - this was part of our room package that we purchased. I always love the breakfast - wide selection, eggs cooked any way you want, great coffees. Probably not cheap at about $35 a person but good to do at least once.
I have nothing but praise for the place. My wife also enjoys the Crowne Plaza in Melbourne as that overlooks the river - but both hotel chains are owned by the same group and if I have a choice it would first be the Intercontinental.

Room Tip: Join the Ambassador Club for about $200 - you get a certificate to give you one night free (stay two...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BrisbaneKiwi
Dear BrisbaneKiwi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review, I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I am glad you enjoyed your Ambassador benefits and I hope I look forward to welcoming you and your wife back again in the future.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great room, great breakfast, great location. The hotel staff is exceptional. The concierge was wonderful in arranging tours - restaurant recommendations - and making all the right suggestions to make our stay in Melbourne terrific. Thank you for helping to make our visit so memorable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liz130
Dear Liz130,

Thank you for your kind feedback, I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.