“Great weekend in Melbourne”

InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
Ranked #47 of 162 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We spent the weekend at the Intercontinental for my wife 40th and it was the perfect location. nicely located in the heart of Melbourne CBD, and a nice old building. it really doen't feel like a corporate / group hotel.
Service was great and the breakfast was amazing.
Highly recommended

1  Thank Assafyi
InterContinenta... M, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Assafyi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Just enjoyed an overnight stay at the I.C/ Rialto in Melbourne and was welcomed upon arrival by the familiar & welcoming face of Kishor, the Guest Experience Manager. It has been just over a year since my partner & I have been able to stay at the I.C and it was great to be welcomed by Kishor, he always makes our stay that little bit more enjoyable & relaxing with his high standard of customer service, remembering the little things like our names, what we like to drink & is always ready & willing to take care of any request we may have.
Our room was comfortable, loved the private balcony with table & chairs overlooking the inner part of the hotel. Staff are always warm & friendly & we are looking forward to returning soon in the near future : )

Dear LRollo,

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to pass on you kind feedback to Kishor and the team. I am also glad to hear you enjoyed our new balcony rooms, they are an exciting addition! Thank you again, I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

After a somewhat disappointing experience the last time we stayed (a noisy room), I accepted the invitation of the General Manager Joerg Boeckeler to contact him if I was considering returning. I'm so glad I did. What an experience.

Firstly the room was great - in the corner overlooking Collins Street, heaps of room, great facilities, and attentive staff.

But Joerg topped off the welcome by managing to get us a table at Vue de Monde with just a couple of days notice for a Saturday night.

All in all, we were looked after, stayed in a great room at a lovely hotel, and will return again.

Room Tip: King club rooms are great.
1  Thank FairButHarsh
InterContinenta... M, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear FairButHarsh,

I am so glad you decided to return and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you also for sharing your review. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

One of my favourite hotels in Melbourne. Definitely a little on the pricey side but that's also a good thing as you can rest easy knowing that the other guests aren't riff raff.
The room I had was sensational..even had a balcony. Staff were top notch & service was lightning quick.
5 star all the way here. Perfect for business or holidays.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Venture2015

Dear Venture2015,

Thank you so much for sharing your kind review, I am so glad to hear your enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We spent a week here in late January. The building has been lovingly restored. Service is impeccable. The club lounge is small but gives a very nice colonial atmosphere with the high backed chairs and dark wood.
My kids loved the pool - its on the rooftop enclosed in an atrium type of structure which also looks into a herb garden. I was told that the herbs are used by the chef. The pool and spa are heated which is what you need for Melbourne which despite the recent hot days is usually quite cool (by Aust standards)

The hotel is situated near the Kings street/ Kingsway end of Collins Street - its a short walk to the Aquarium and South Bank/Exhibition Centre. You can catch a tram from the front of the hotel to go to Docklands. Very convenient and Southern Cross station is approx. 5-10 min walk.
There is a Haighs chocolate shop on the ground floor - which is heaven :)

Staff are very friendly and helpful - a great weekend indulgence or business hotel

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Psha24

Dear Psha24,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, it’s so pleasing to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed at the intercontinental hotel in January and were very pleased with the quality of the hotel and service. The rooms were very clean and the staff were extremely helpful we also used the executive club for breakfast and light snack. The pool area was very good as its indoors and the water was lovey and warm. We like melbourne and have been to it several times staying at different hotels and so far this one tops them. It is close to the shops and restraunt and is within easy walking distance to local attractions, However the restraunt not owned by the hotel but within its premisses is not to be recommended. We wanted to eat there as it saved us leaving the hotel but they were unwilling to accomodate my sons allergies they say the food is made on the premisies but were unable to make a simple pizza without egg in its base it takes about 10 minutes to whip a simple pizza base up and top it with cheese i know i do it regularly so what was their issue. Are chefs too precious these days to alter their cooking styles to accomodate something outwith their menus?

Room Tip: The rooms with a veiw over the inside of the hotel are exceptional
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Clare D
InterContinenta... M, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Clare D,

Thank you for sharing your review, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry to hear you did not feel your needs were accommodated at Merchant, it is indeed not our restaurant but I will be sure to pass on your feedback when next I speak with them. Next time I invite you to dine at Alluvial, our popular lane way restaurant which is located under the hotel atrium. In the mean time I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had reason to be in Melbourne again and due to past satisfaction we made our reservation with Intercontinental Rialto.
I am so happy that they continue to put in the effort that ensures satisfaction.
I encountered familiar faces (a sure sign that things are stable) that greeted me cordially and were genuinely interested in providing the service.
I was most impressed at how concerned they were following a coke bottle accident. Safety was paramount to staff and the follow up was consistent of a property with methodical practices.
I'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CongiaEnterprises
InterContinenta... M, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear CongiaEnterprises,

Thank you for sharing your review, I will be sure to pass your feedback onto the team and am pleased to hear you received the high standard of service for which we always aim. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.