“Top bar”

InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
Ranked #43 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

The bar is excellent. I personally prefer downstairs. Friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Caglargurkan
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2012

Dear Dan J,
Thank you for sharing with me your review, I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your time at the hotel, BlueStone Wine Lounge and Market Lane Bar.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Just spent 3 wonderful nights at this hotel in a king club room.

The weekend started when the bellman opened our taxi door and welcomed us by name. The concierge recommended the merchant restaurant attached to the hotel for our lunch.

The staff in the club lounge were so professional we did not want to leave and finally when I left my wedding ring in the room housekeeping pulled out all stops to find it for me when I called from the taxi when returning for it.

Looking forward to our next stay

Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Wayne J
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Dear Wayne J,
Thank you for sharing with me your wonderful review. I was so happy to read that you had such a lovely stay with us and you enjoyed your time in the Club InterContinental Lounge. I am also glad that we were able to assist you so when you left your wedding ring in the room.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

My wife and i stayed here for our 21st wedding anniversary,and and a great time.the service was friendly and professional.We received a complimentary bottle of champagne which was a nice touch.Location was great,as was breakfast.Would definitely reccommend.Wish i could recall the receptionists name as she was so friendly and helpful.bumped into her next morning at breakfast-she remembered our names and the fact it was our anniversary.She enquired about our stay etc which made us feel special.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dee330
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2012

Dear Dee330,

Thank you for taking the time to share with me your wonderful review, and may I take this chance to wish you a very happy 21st wedding anniversary!
I will be sure to pass on your great feedback regarding the front office team, I am so glad to read that the team helped to make your stay so special.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

I love staying at this hotel when I visit Melbourne for business. It's in a great, central location, in a lovely heritage building. The welcome at reception is warm and friendly, the rooms are comfortably and stylishly appointed, with Elemis toiletries in the bathrooms. Room service is punctual and accurate, with a complimentary newspaper in the morning. This place ticks all the boxes, highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Fmfloyd
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Dear Fmfloyd,
Thank you for sharing with me your wonderful and thorough review. I was so happy to read that you have enjoyed all the the aspects of your previous stays with us so much.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed here last weekend and really enjoyed our stay despite a couple of minor issues. I identified myself as an Ambassador member at check in and was provided with the fruit platter (2 apples and a tangerine on a saucer) and the water but was not given an upgrade.

We stayed in the Club Lounge which has a nice ambience, especially at evening drinks, however the supplies were not replenished quickly enough. Often there was very little food available. Quite a few times I had to ask and the staff were always very polite and attended to this immediately (the food was very nice) but having to ask for food to be put out and no offers for coffee refills or having to search for staff to get eggs made at breakfast is something I assume is not the norm, going by previous reviews.

These minor issues aside, the hotel is in a good location, the room and bathroom was very nice with a great, comfy bed and housekeeping can't be faulted. The concierge was very nice and all in all I'll definitely be coming back next time I'm in Melbourne

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lillias
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Dear Lillias,
Thank you for taking the time to share with me your review. Although I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay, I was disheartened to read that you experiences some minor issues.
Please be assured that whenever possible our valued InterContinental Ambassador guests will be provided with a room upgrade, however during exceptionally busy time we may not have a room to upgrade members to, and I believe this was the case during your recent stay.
Please accept my sincere apologies that your experience in the Club InterContinental Lounge was less than perfect and please be assured that I will share this feedback with my relevant department heads.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon, and the team and I look forward to providing you with the seamless and instinctive five star service that we aim to deliver to all of our guests.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

i just want to express how amazing the IC rialto was the last 2 weeks, my mum and dad who are in their 80s came to Melbourne to experience the Anzac day AFL game and chose the IC as the preferred hotel, my mum is very much 5 star. They have both stayed in amazing hotels all over the world and have nothing but praise for the IC Rialto. My mum who is very fussy said to me today as i was dropping her off at the airport that it was the best hotel experience in her life and thats saying something, trust me! the lounge was fantastic in particular Amy and all the staff absolutely amazing. i can not thank them enough as with elderly parents you worry, however i need not have as they were looked after soooooo well and i can not recommend the Intercontinental Rialto Melbourne highly enough when planning a trip to Melbourne.

it also has one of the best gyms i have seen in a hotel and the pool area is magnificent.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2012

This hotel has it all. I was traveling on business and was impressed with all the services. The restaurant was fantastic for both brunch and dinner. The club lounge is always such a treat. The head Concierge (James?) knows anything and everything. Met a fellow Macedonian porter as well. He ensured my stay was perfect. So much so that I applied for a job the day of checkout! Sad to say I didn't get the job, but boy oh boy I will be going back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Try and request a room closer to the elevators. We got the last room and it is a long walk!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Nathan C
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Dear Nathan C,
Thank you very much for sharing with me your glowing review, I will be sure to share your feedback with James and the Concierge team.