“Overnight Stay”

InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
Ranked #44 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed May 18, 2011

This was my 6th stay at the Intercontinental Melborne.

I have always returned becuase of the great service and location of the hotel.

Unfortunatley I feel that this hotel has definately taken a backward step and my expereince since the first time I stayed there was not the same.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Jimmy019760
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2011

Dear Jimmy019760,
I am so disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. As you have stayed with us 5 times previously you must have enjoyed the hotel in the past and I am saddened to hear that your experience on this stay was different. I would be very grateful if you could please contact me either via direct message or email at Joerg.boeckeler@ihg.com and please elaborate on your experience so that i may better understand.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto

Reviewed May 17, 2011

I stayed here for one night on a work trip to Melbourne. After catching a late flight, I was greeted by a veryfriendly staff member who checked me in quickly, without any fuss. The concierge was most helpful and carried my bags for me. The room was most comfortable and lighting and heating was perfect. the room was spotless and included everything I needed for the night and more. The bed was so comfortable I fell asleep right away and slept soundly right through until morning. This is my favorite hotel in Australia for work travel. Location is great as it's right in the CBD. Can't recommend this place highly enough! I will certainly be staying here for any future visits to Melbourne, be it for work or pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank GroovyCaroline

Dear GroovyCaroline,
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. It makes me so happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto when you are next in Melbourne.

Reviewed May 17, 2011

Recently stayed at the Rialto and had a wonderful experience. Kishor the Guest Relations Manager could not do enough for us during our stay. He organised gluten free plates for evening canapes and also gluten free bread at breakfast time for me in the club room. Superb hotel with its modern decor, fantastic suites and brilliant staff.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MartyInCairnsOz

Dear MartyInCairnsOz,
Thank you so much for your kind review. Kishor is indeed an asset to the hotel and helps make the Club Lounge such a special place. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed May 16, 2011

We stayed in a suite which was big and well appointed. That the windows are all internal makes for a dark room.
We had a problem on book in due to the way we had booked on the Internet and ended up having to pay more than we planned for the room.
A hint to others, don't bother with the executive lounge. The seats are really uncomfortable, the food average. Attempting breakfast was a challenge such that on the 2nd morning we went to the restaurant for breakfast.
Nice architecture and good location - we walked to south bank restaurants for lunch and dinner.
I liked the hotel but for our next visit we will try another hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Stayed at the Intercontinental for ten days late April and was amazed at the fantastic level of service given by all the staff especially the con-ci-erge and the club room staff. Kishor and Tutu were exemplar for all people working in the hospitality industry.
Great stay. Enjoyed the room and the food also.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2011

Dear Sandyjeanehelm,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you received such a great level of service from our team. Kishor and Tutu are certainly assets to this hotel and as a matter of fact both have been instrumental in making Club InterContinental a really special place. Please do be assured also that I have thanked them for making your time at the hotel so wonderful.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto again soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2011

Hotel has a lovely architectural structure but the service was pretty average. When we stayed there last year we were greeted and welcomed. This time just the door boys greeted us. Service should be better for a 5 star hotel felt like a number being called upon.
Room service took so long and was not worth waiting for.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Dear Brusseler,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay.
I am disappointed that you did not experience a level of service that you found special, especially since we have such a strong focus on service delivery in order to deliver an authentic and enriching experience to our guests. I would be extremely happy if you would give us a second chance and i may assist you personally with your next booking. Please do feel free to email me at joerg.boeckeler@ihg.com

Joerg T, Boeckeler

Reviewed May 13, 2011

From the moment we stepped out of the taxi we were greatly with a friendly hello, this continued at the check in counter. We were welcomed and presented with our room at 9.30am even though check in time is 2pm. The staff, service, room, facilities, food were fantastic. We felt like VIP’s the whole time we stayed, nothing was too much trouble. I would highly recommend staying at the Intercontinental the Rialto when next in Melbourne. World class for sure.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Frannys59,
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us and let me tell you, you were VIP guests to us!
Everbody at the InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto looks forward to welcoming you back to Melbourne soon.