“Disappointing”

ibis Styles Kingsgate Hotel
Ranked #131 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The sink was mouldy and the shower was very small. , we spent the night awake listening to neighbors aircon cutting in and out and could hear them using their bathroom. Will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
KingsgateHM, General Manager at ibis Styles Kingsgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear traveller,
Thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry that your stay at the ibis Styles Kingsgate (formerly All Seasons Kingsgate) didn’t meet your expectations.

I’m sorry that you found the bathroom in your room of a poor quality. Our Superior rooms were refurbished in 2010 and have brand new bathrooms. We are looking into the fittings of all of the Standard room bathrooms to assess complaints of mould and their need of replacement.

I apologise for the extra noise you were exposed to from within the hotel. We are currently experimenting with ways that we can reduce these noise issues like exhaust fans and air conditioners and we hope we will be able to make the hotel a quieter place for our guests to stay.

Thanks again for the feedback and I hope that if we do welcome you back to our hotel that we are able to provide a more enjoyable stay.
ibis Styles Kingsgate General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,402)

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed at kingsgate hotel recently and I have to say it is the most over priced heap of junk for a hotel. Firstly I asked for a face washer and the not friendly at all receptionist stated that was not included honestly I looked in disbelief a face washer. Next the window seels had all cigarette butts which was pleasant when I opened the window. I will never be staying here again and I don't think anyone else should. Nothing good to say about this place.

• Stayed: November 2012
KingsgateHM, General Manager at ibis Styles Kingsgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear traveller,
We’re sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your recent stay at the ibis Styles Kingsgate (formerly All Seasons Kingsgate). We hope that your feedback can help us to improve our hotel services.

I’m sorry that you felt the room was inadequately stocked with items such as face-washers. I apologise that we do not have face-washers at the hotel but I will be sure to take your feedback about providing them on board. Also I have alerted housekeeping of your complaints of your room’s window seals being filled with cigarette butts. This is certainly not the level of cleanliness which we abide by and I sincerely apologise.

I once again thank you for your comments as it allows us to better improve our hotel for you and for our future guests.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I purchased at economy room from wotif and arrived at to be honest is one of the worst rooms I've ever see . 30c day with no air conditioner and if looked like a room divorcees go to hang out. I went down stairs an said I was more than happy to pay extra for the better room . Aaraychi put me in the superior room at no extra cost. The room was clean the air conditioner worked and her customer service was polite and 100% . What a valued employee you have.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Hotel is in a great position. Very tired looking, but effort has been made to 'tart' it up. Had the misfortune to have a 'superior double" (read tiny) room on 6th floor backing on to a nightclub with music shaking the windows. At 2.30AM whilst still awake the beer barrels were moved with much noise. After complaining at 3AM we were moved to a somewhat quieter room. Cooked breakfast good but soo slow. waited 20 mins and there was only one other person in the breakfast room. No parking- park in Spencer St Parking Station, and no place to stop for dropping off luggage in mid afternoon.
If staying make sure you ask for a room away from the nightclub. They know the problem as were advised they had asked several times that the music be turned down

Room Tip: a room well away from ajoining nightclub
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Margaret,
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the ibis Styles Kingsgate (formerly All Seasons Kingsgate). We’re disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with your time with us.

The King St location of our hotel means we are sometimes troubled by noise from the famous nightclubs on this strip. We are aware of this problem and working to address the noise issues which challenge our guests’ ability to have a peaceful stay in our hotel. I apologise that you were affected by the noise but I am glad that we were able to move you to a quieter room.

I am sorry that the service to get your breakfast to you was slow but am happy to hear you found it to your liking. I also apologise about the hotel parking, unfortunately our CBD location means we are unable to offer any onsite parking and instead offer guest parking at Southern Cross Station carpark.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Rooms and furniture other than TV were very tired.Booked a double room and single room(through Grand Prix travel office) for same family and ended up on different floors unable to be changed.No power point at bedside table for clocks or phone charging. Mould in both shower recesses.One room was reasonably quiet the other was noisy.Minimal complimentary toiletries(no toothpaste).Staff were polite, courteous and helpful other than different floor issue.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
KingsgateHM, General Manager at ibis Styles Kingsgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear traveller,

I apologise for the mix up with your bookings and that the rooms were booked on different floors and couldn’t be moved to the same floor. I understand it was an inconvenience but we do have telephones in each room and you can make internal calls to other rooms at no charge.

I’m also sorry that you found our bathrooms of a poor quality. Our Superior rooms were refurbished in 2010 and have brand new bathrooms. We are currently looking into the fittings of all of the Standard room bathrooms assessing complaints of mould and the need to replace fittings.

I appreciate you sharing your concerns, and I hope that you will give the ibis Styles Kingsgate the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Even though the hotel building looks very compact from outside, the facilities are good. Location of the hotel is a plus point for tram commuters & for souvenir shoppers & eateries near Flinders station area. As couple we felt breakfast should have been a bit better with some more items on the set menu, rest of all O.K & so our 3 night's stay was nice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple