ibis Styles Kingsgate Hotel
$229
$210
  • Pool
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$192
$104
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$173
$157
  • Breakfast included
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$158
The Westin Melbourne(Melbourne)
$195
$176
Westin.com
  • Pool
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$95
$148
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$99
$199
$175
Priceline
1,439 results
All reviewssouthern cross stationairport busetihad stadiumwould stay againtram stopskybustransport
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Best thing about this hotel was walking out the door. Room was revolting, no shower pressure (my pet hate). Noise from street relentless. Done a bit of plastering in my time and was pretty sure a dodgy repair job on what appeared to be bullet holes. Bed rock hard and i could hear the dude next door clipping his toe nails. Look if your on a tight tight budget for 1 night maybe ok but bring a Valium (maybe 4) and some ear plugs.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
KingsgateHM, General Manager at ibis Styles Kingsgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear traveller,
We’re sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your recent stay at the All Seasons Kingsgate Hotel. We hope that your feedback can help us to improve our hotel services.

I’m sorry to hear that you thought your room wasn’t up to standard. Our refurbishment of 2010 has tried to retain the elegance of the 1926 building while also modernising our rooms. To ensure you have the most up to date room type I would recommend booking one of our Superior rooms or asking reception whether a room change is available. I apologise for the holes that were plastered in your room and I can assure you they were not bullet holes.

I also apologise for the extra noise from within the hotel and outside of the building. We do our best to keep hotel noise to a minimum but appreciate that this can sometimes affect guests’ stays.

Thanks again for the feedback and I hope that if we do welcome you back to our hotel that we are able to provide a more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed for one night in order to caught an early flight.

Reception wasn't very friendly when I arrived - didn't offer any information about the area or room. You got the impression from them that they didn't enjoy or like their job. Not very approachable.
The room was small, bed very uncomfortable (you could feel the mattress springs), heater didn't work. From my check in experience - I couldn't be bothered calling Reception and ask about getting the heater fixed or requesting a room move. Only good thing about this room was the size of the bathroom!
I had a continental breakfast included with the rate however when I arrived at the breakfast room which was only half full but the spare tables still had dirty dishes and there was no staff anywhere to be found to assist.
Approached Reception for a map of the area ( I was going shopping) and Reception again didn't provide any additional information and when I asked for directions, Reception was hopeless.
Even trying to check out was hard work. Your receptionist was standing to the side of the desk talking to her friend. After a 5 minute of waiting I finally got to check out and pay my account.
I don't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Dear traveller,
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the All Seasons Kingsgate Hotel. We’re disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with your time with us.

I apologise for any problems that you had with our staff at the hotel. We pride ourselves on our staff being friendly, diligent and helpful but there are some occasions when the hotel is busy where service can be slow and below average. This doesn’t happen often and I’m very sorry; we have made a note of your comments and will address them with staff at our next front office meeting.

I’m also sorry that you found our hotel rooms too small and uncomfortable. Our hotel does encompass a range of different room types and if availability allows our staff are always happy to discuss the option of a room move with you so that we can find a bigger room which is more to your liking.

I appreciate you sharing your concerns, and I hope that you will give the All Seasons Kingsgate Hotel the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was a very old building. Rooms have been updated. Plenty of room good set up low outside noise levels. Great location for night club football and shopping. Free/parking at Casio short walk to Southern Cross railway station and airport bus transfer centre

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
KingsgateHM, General Manager at ibis Styles Kingsgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear traveller,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the All Seasons Kingsgate Hotel, we’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us!

Your review touched on some of the key points of why we are such a great accommodation choice. We undertook a refurbishment in 2010 to modernise our rooms and make them more comfortable for our guests so I’m glad you found them to your liking. Location is also a key factor for any hotel and we believe we are ideally situated close to shopping strips, transport hubs, sports venues, restaurants and nightclubs.

We’re already looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, thanks again for the positive review.

Reviewed September 12, 2012