“Good value for a nght in Melbourne”

ibis Melbourne Hotel and Apartments
Ranked #71 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Geelong, Australia
“Good value for a nght in Melbourne”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

From check in to check out I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel.Needing reasonably priced accomodation for one night in the city the staff were friendly and efficient and the room was very clean and comfortable.Enquiring after car parking we were directed to a car park around the corner and parked there for almost 24 hours with a total price of $22 from 5.30 Friday evening until 4.30 Saturday afternoon,good value in the city.Ideal for shopping the Vic market and the theatre.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
JadeIbisMelbourne, Manager at ibis Melbourne Hotel and Apartments, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Jan T,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have shared your positive feedback with the team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel with my partner, his parents and some family friends. Weekend away for the football and some shopping, this hotel is in great walking distance of everything, close to the Queen Victoria Markets, the city centre is a quick 5 minute walk down the road and not far to walk to get to the footy at Etihad beats the shoulder to shoulder tram ride to the stadium! the rooms are great, nicely sized and everything you need for a few days. I am in the tourism industry myself and this hotel is great value for money!
I will definitely be coming back to stay again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ashlee_h05,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and taking the time to post your feedback. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive feedback and I am glad that you liked the central location of the hotel and took the time out to visit all the major sightseeing spots which are within easy walking distance from the hotel.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends & family at Ibis Melbourne in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

A full-three star hotel with everything for basic needs in the room, friendly reception staff, a restaurant downstairs and a very convenient location. The only issue was parking, but it was easily solved with a plenty of on-street parking spaces on the neighbouring streets.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
JadeIbisMelbourne, Manager at ibis Melbourne Hotel and Apartments, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Aydin S,

Thank you for your time to provide us with valuable feedback on your recent stay.
It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the reception team friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and I trust you next stay will be as enjoyable as your previous one.

Ararat, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Hotel very clean, staff lovely, breakfast great. Very good value for money!! Shocking exit to carpark!!! Scratched my new car, and plenty of other peoples paintwork on the wall as well!! Probably should try & fix this somehow!!!! Will never park there again even if I am driving a mini!!!

Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Dear Alison Y,

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at ibis Melbourne. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback.

I am happy to note that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found our staff, rooms & breakfast facilities to your liking. I will share your comments with our team who will try to find a solution to the car park concerns raised by you. Thank you for pointing out some features that other travellers will find useful.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

The hotel is value for money and has a good location on everything. However it has a limited car park. I was not lucky when I checked in hotel car park was full and I have to park at public car park behind the hotel. The charges is expensive, parking over night is AUD45. It is a distance away, 10min walk to get to the car park is not good for me because I have children with many bags. I suggest to the hotel to have some valet parking service or reserve parking for family. I will come back if I ensured I have the hotel car park.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear lkc6422,

I am happy to note that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found our location to your liking. Unfortunately we do have a very limited car park, please contact the hotel in the future and we will try to reserve a spot for you if possible. Thank you for pointing out some features other travellers will find useful.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

Over all the whole hotel, no matter is room service staff or the front desk staff whose also got a really good smile!!! Attitude is really nice!! Only one thing can be more improve, is our room after clean up, maybe someone forgot replace us another new towel... but is not a big deal. Anyway, we're very happy about stay with IBIS hotel!!

Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

JadeIbisMelbourne, Manager at ibis Melbourne Hotel and Apartments, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear cckhchan,

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at ibis Melbourne. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am happy to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and also found the service offered by our staff to your liking. I will definitely pass your comments to our Housekeeping team as well.

Thank you for sharing your experience at ibis Melbourne.