“Great for city breaks”

ibis Melbourne Hotel and Apartments
Ranked #69 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Great for weekend .Stayed there for one night but managed to see a lot of the city centre.Walking distance to trams including the free one that takes you around City.The Victoria market is just around the corner.
We didn't have breakfast but plenty of places close by.There was breakfast available in the hotel.
The staff were very welcoming and friendly and managed to check us in at 9.30am which was great after our long haul flight.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Giovani S, Manager at ibis Melbourne Hotel and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Helen H,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at the ibis Melbourne. It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed our central location and had the opportunity to visit the famous Queen Victoria Markets.

We always try our best to check guests in early if the room is available and I am glad to read that you were able to take advantage of this, especially after long flight.

There are newer reviews for ibis Melbourne Hotel and Apartments

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel for one night with my partner and was satisfied by the experience, as I found that it was good value for money.
I had booked a double room but was upgraded to a 2-bedroom apartment. Everything was simple and clean and the bed was really comfortable. I also enjoyed the bathtub (I'm not sure I would have gotten it had I stayed in the double room I initially booked, though...).
The hotel was quiet and close to the CBD, and the staff very nice. It didn't have free wifi but 2 computers and 1 printer could be used by guests in the lobby free of charge.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Lo B,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Melbourne. It is pleasing to read that you had comfortable and enjoyable experience. I am glad that you were able to take the advantage of the complimentary upgrade to the 2 bedroom apartment.

We pride ourselves and delivering great value for money proposition with exceptional service.

Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The room rates are not bad for Melbourne and the room was adequate and clean. Handy location close to Garners Motorcycle Rentals in the north part of the city. Beware of the free wifi claim, like other hotels here its only available in the lobby at one of 2 busy desktop units for a short period each day.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
ibis_Hotel_Manager, Manager at ibis Melbourne Hotel and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear Bucky48,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I have shared your feedback with all of our team here. It was great to hear that you enjoyed our central location and able to visit the Garners Motorcycle Rentals.

With regards to your feedback about WiFi, we have there is you will be pleased to know that as of the 1st October 2013 we have introduced complimentary WiFI access to all LeClub Silver, Gold and Platinum members. We are also investigating the installation of third PC unit in the lobby for complimentary internet access.

Jayesh Bala
Hotel Manager
Email: Jayesh.BALA@accor.com

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights early November 2013. Room was a good size for two people. Beds were so comfortable. Very quiet at night. Clean room. Handy fridge in room. Location was great...2 minute walk to Victoria Markets & about a 15 minute easy walk to Lygon St. Tram stops close by in Elizabeth & Swanston Sts. Staff at front desk very helpful. A very pleasant stay in Melbourne.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Julie T,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Melbourne. It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and able to take the advantage of our central location.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and I trust you next stay will be as enjoyable as your previous one.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Very quiet and clean hotel with a queen bed and a single bed. Good shower. Friendly staff. Basic breakfast the same everyday with fresh whole Apple. A waffle machine and hot coffee /chocolate drink machine , eggs can be requested. Wifi only at the lobby and only half hour or 50 mb , must type message fast. Wifi is too short but better than none.
Close proximity to Q Victoria market, the land mark. Mention that to the taxi driver and you save some money from hunting round n round. Some grocers and eateries. I was there during the Melbourne Cup and the market was closed 3 days :(. Could not get fresh fruits and nuts I was looking forward to buy. However, I get to see lots of pretty ladies dressed up to the 9th in our hotel and surroundings.
Only Negative is far away from the Yarra river, the main activities in Melbourne. However, there are the frequent Trams and shuttle buses nearby. I like this hotel and will certainly stay again on my next visit to Melbourne and the same room 810.

Room Tip: Above 8 floor .
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear MGirls,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Melbourne. It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for also mentioning our proximity to Melbourne tourist attractions around the Hotel. I am glad that you able to experience the famous Melbourne Cup on your recent visit.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was in Melbourne for business. I picked this hotel due to its proximity to Royal Melbourne Hospital, it is just a few tram stations away (app. 5 minutes). It is also close to a lot restaurants in the CBD area & Queen Victoria Market is just a stroll away, basically next door. The check in experience was faultless, quick, friendly & I was upgraded to a larger room. A special thanks to Fatima (Assistant Manager) who handled my check-in. The room is great, clean & great bed. I also had the opportunity to try the buffet breakfast, and I was pleased with the quality of the offerings. In summary, this hotel will suit both business & holiday types,strategically located in the heart of Melbourne.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank hola890
Giovani S, Manager at ibis Melbourne Hotel and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear hola890,

We appreciate your time to review your recent stay with ibis Melbourne. It was great to hear that you enjoyed our central location and had the opportunity to visit the famous Queen Victoria Markets.

I have shared your positive feedback with the team, especially Fatima. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.