“Value Hotel”

ibis Melbourne Hotel and Apartments
Ranked #69 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed at the Ibis in mid-July 2013. Excellent value for money- we paid $116 for a twin and single bed room. All amenities were very good, tv, phone, mini-fridge, jug (tea/coffee), safe. Very clean and comfortable. We stayed on floor 11 and absolutely no street noise, however the doors tend to slam quite loudly when they are closed which could be a problem when the hotel is in full occupancy.
The beds were fabulous, SO comfy. We opted for breakfast downstairs in the 'Ibistro'. $20 for non-Accor members and the full-breakfast- eggs, toast, pancakes, tea-coffee, juice, croissants, peach, pear, lychee, watermelon, yoghurt, bacon, tomato, hashbrowns, sauceages, mushrooms etc. Best value for money!
Staff at reception were very helpful, booked our return Skybus shuttle and held our luggage after check-out. (Especially Giovanni, sorry I can't remember exactly your name!!)

The location is a bit out of the CBD, a ten-fifteen minute flat walk got us into Bourke Street mall. However, there is a free city tram (route 35) which runs along La Trobe around the corner which may be useful. Probably not the best for large families with kids, though as facilities for them are a bit lacking.
Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

Room Tip: High floors no street noise, closer to family suites
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Zoe W
JadeIbisMelbourne, Manager at ibis Melbourne Hotel and Apartments, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Zoe W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with ibis Melbourne.

We pride ourselves and delivering great value for money proposition with exceptional service.

I have shared your positive feedback with the team, especially Giovani. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and I trust you next stay will be as enjoyable as your previous one.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is the second time and last I will stay at this hotel. I stay in the city often usually go in by train but sometimes take a car and need to park it, some hotel offer free parking sometimes you need to pay but on booking you are informed of the cost involved. On both stays I have have asked the cost and was told $12 for 24 hours, one the first stay we went shopping after checking out and then collected the car but still within the 24 hours, when I was charges $24 I thought I must have just gone over the 24hours, but yesterday I collected my car as soon as I checked out and was still charges $24, even though on checking in and asking the staff told me it was $12, not a huge amount of money but principal involved, when I rang hotel was told it is private carpark, I explained that was not issue it was what reception told guests was misleading, but I was just repeatly told it was private carpark. So I said I would not choose that hotel again when there was plenty to choose from in the city who offered better service than misleading customers

Room Tip: Dont book if you have a car.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 133judy
Dear 133judy,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Melbourne. I am sorry for the issues you experienced with our car parking.

Is it possible to arrange a time to discuss this matter further? My contact details are:

Phone: 03 9666 0000

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The hotel has only steps or a step driveway to get from the parking to the road. Then it is another slope to walk up to reception. Once in the hotel there are lifts.
I was in a wheelchair when we stayed and my husband had to push me up the steep driveway to get to the hotel. The driveway is two way but only the width of one car.
There are 10 min spots at the front of the hotel but these were not vacant when we needed them.
Without a car this is a good convenient hotel but not otherwise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RetiredBB56
JadeIbisMelbourne, Manager at ibis Melbourne Hotel and Apartments, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear RetiredBB56,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with ibis Melbourne and providing your honest feedback.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenienced caused during your stay.

Bendigo, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We have stayed here twice now, the most recent time for 4 nights. We got a good deal online and have been very pleased with the accommodation. We were in a room with a double bed only but found it clean and comfortable. The room felt a bit hot at night but they have heating and cooling as required. Housekeeping attended everyday and restocked supplies as required. The reception staff were very nice and bright and made and effort to engage in conversation. It is right near the Queen Victoria market and easy to get around on the trams or walking. The room was basic with only a fridge and a kettle. A microwave would be good but not that big an issue as lots of places to eat. We didn't use their restaurant or room service so can't comment. The car park is small so can't be guaranteed but they do have a contingency plan if that one is full. All in all a very pleasant stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jacqui W
Dear Jacqui W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with ibis Melbourne. It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our room clean and comfortable.

Thank you for your continued support of ibis Melbourne. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.