Grand Hyatt Melbourne
      • Fitness center
      The Carlton Club(Melbourne)
      • Bar/Lounge
      4,680 results
      All reviewscollins kitchenthe club loungecollins streetmarble bathroomstar hotelcorner roomroom servicefederation squarebeautiful hotelbuffet breakfastking roomvalet parkingyarra riverlate checkgreat roomlocation is excellentcentral location
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed April 23, 2014

After staying here several times in the past, I was definately going to book it for my most recent Melbourne trip. Unfortunately what used to be my favourite Melbourne hotel was a massive let down.
      On check in we weren't even advised the hot water would be out until 1600 (advised an hour later). This wasn't originally a massive issue as it gave my us some time to explore the city before dinner. However at 1700, after trying to have a shower with no success I rang reception and was told it would be out until 2100. Considering both of us had been up since 0400 and had been travelling on a plane all day this was not great news, exacerbated by the fact we were meeting friends for dinner that night - without any possibility of having a simple thing such as a shower. No real apology was given and no alternative was made. This is supposed to be a 5 star hotel?

Anyways we had to head out to dinner without that luxury. Thank god for deodorant and aftershave! However on arrival back at the hotel at 2200 the hot water was still out, I was told other rooms had it back so just wait it out. At no stage any recompense was offered or made, just basically 'tough luck'. Hot water FINALLY came on around 2230 so we had our shower.

I used to love staying here but I am afraid service/facilities we experienced just simply isn't good enough, on check out no apology was given. They could have at least given us a free drink at the bar! Hope things improve!

1  Thank BenChaffey
      Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is one beautiful hotel within walking distance to the main places in downtown. Views are great if you get onto the upper floors. Breakfast is a bit expensive but there are lots of great coffee shops around the hotel if you walk around a bit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
      Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had booked our first 2 nights away from our 7y/o daughter ...woke to a 4am alarm clock on the first night .. No paper on request . As requested .Walked all day around Melbourne to come back to find a note that our hot water would be off till 4pm as 'scheduled maintenance' was carried out . Then to be told it would not be back on till 9pm . We asked how long they had known about the maintenance work and the response was 'a few days' . We had not only been put in a faulty room but they happily checked us in without a word of notice. Not a phone call before our arrival to let us know of our impending inconvenience or to move us to a room with no hot water issues. We had planned on hot showers .... Then an early dinner at a restaurant near by. Followed by a night out child free .....We were told we could take a shower at the park Hyatt ??? Up the road ....given complimentary access to the grand lounge .a cheap bottle of red with an apologetic letter and finally an offer of half price for the night . Which we were finally reimbursed 5 days later and not on check out. So much for our big night out/in . We tried to file a complaint with customer service on their website but apparently this would not work either . The service staff however were very helpful and we did love our room . Just a pity they put us in a room for scheduled maintenance and did not let us know . Disappointed

2  Thank mlissn
      Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed on the 22nd floor and had a magnificent view of the city. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. We could easily walk to everywhere we wanted to go. We walked to the MCG very easily. I would stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
      Reviewed April 21, 2014

My girlfriend and I were lucky enough to be put up here for a few days whilst she worked close by. We were combining this with a personal trip in Australia, I was over from uk.
      This was a very nice hotel and great location. We've stayed in many great hotels and this is now added to the collection and I had to be persuaded not to extend our stay here when it was time to check out.
      We had a super king view room looking straight downtown but with a sneaky glimpse of water to the southbank. It was perfectly located , the hotel is right on the doorstep of all major roads and nearby Flinders Lane, offering perfect collection of cafes, shops restaurants. I have aware this is not the cheapest place to stay in-town, but on reflection when I looked to extend our stay it was no more then I expected (>=$300). All amenities were as you would expect of an upmarket chain and the room included a grand sitting area next to full length windows offering the view.
      A fantastic few nights sleep and staff were very nice when needed. One night we had dinner in-room and the setup was superb and demonstrated the extra touches required. There was a bar attached which offered great value during a 6-9pm happy hour(?!) a glass of heineken for $5 was hard to beat anywhere in town.
      Overall if you have the bucks it is worth it and I would definitely look to stay here should I be in Melbourne again.

Room Tip: try and get a higher floor and view !
      1  Thank Daniel B