Grand Hyatt Melbourne
$195
$176
Westin.com
  • Pool
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$173
$157
  • Breakfast included
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$158
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$192
$104
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$95
$148
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$126
$261
$161
Agoda.com
4,731 results
All reviewscollins kitchenthe club loungecollins streetmarble bathroomstar hotelcorner roomroom servicefederation squarebeautiful hotelbuffet breakfastking roomvalet parkingyarra riverlate checkgreat roomlocation is excellentcentral location
Reviewed October 24, 2013

For a stay on the Paris end of Collins street, Grand Hyatt Melbourne is the only place to be. Exceptional service, and beautiful rooms there is no better place to stay.
Ive stayed 3 times here and the only complaint I have is that the rooms must not have very good soundproofing as every time ive stayed, ive either been able to hear noise from the hallways, or we've had management tell us off for talking "too loud". Depsite this not being the case (my speech was at the same volume it normally is) I think the rooms either echo the sound out, or they are just poorly insulated.
Having said that, the venue is amazing, the club lounge is excellent (for those in the know, thsi club lounge serves warm canape's) and the views from the lounge / rooms are excellent.
You get a perfect view of the south eastern suburbs, beach and the MCG from the higher floors.

Room Tip: Get a club room if you can. Always nicer and on higher floors - plus, theres the added benefit of the club lounge for breaky and drinks.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
GrandHyattMelbourne, Public Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Dianne,

We are terribly saddened to hear about your experience during your recent stay with us. This behavior is inexcusable and management has been notified and action will be taken to insure no such incidences will happen again.
We are glad to hear you will stay with us again and I hope we take this next opportunity to reassure you that we do deliver 5-star service.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed in the standard room. A good sized room. Very nice and clean room with the comfortable bed and pillows. The hotel location is great very close to everything in the city. Would love to go back again :)

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear KP,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and wish to return. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Exceptional Service, Exceptionally Clean, Exceptional views. The Grant Hyatt for all services is of a superior standard! The staff went over and above to support us in anyway they could. Smiling and nothing was too much for them. Upon leaving they even greeted us as we came out of the lift for an express checkout! I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: Pick a corner rooms for all round great view!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Andrea,

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very fortunate to have wonderful staff who go above and beyond to ensure our guests have a memorable experience. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Grand Hyatt Melbourne is our first choice when in this neck of the woods. It is just so handy to all of the fabulous attractions that Melbourne has to offer. Staff are very friendly and obliging. The rooms are fantastic, especially if you can score one with a river view, room service prompt and the restaurants excellent. Highly recommend the club rooms as a special treat. Overall a very enjoyable experience.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Luvdug

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we are your first choice of hotel here in Melbourne. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I normally stay at The Westin when in Melbourne but had booked a package deal for the MotoGP and Grand Hyatt was the 5 star hotel of choice for Grand Prix Travel with whom we booked. Apart from its location and impressive bird sculptures at its Russell Street entrance, I don't think it is deserving of it's 5 star rating, certainly not by world standards even if by Australian standards. Firstly, the staff are not welcoming enough and remain somewhat cold throughout stay. I even witnessed upon checking-out, a tourist's surname prompt a giggle between hotel staff (not however, the staff member assisting me). The guest was oblivious but I understood the inappropriate joke. I found this most unprofessional and disappointing as International tourists to Australia should be treated as they are welcome because they are certainly needed!!!! Secondly, the quality of breakfast delivered to our room was well below 5 star standards, I ordered the fresh fruit, it was not as fresh as it should have been. Strawberries were white inside and tasted "icy", pineapple wasn't ripe and melons were bruised. Eggs Benedict was very dry as if it had been sitting under the warming lamp for a really long time. On a good note, the room was nice and they had my booking which, given our airline had lost our baggage this trip, was more than I dared to ask for at that point in time! But seriously, staff need to be a little more friendly. Perhaps the working environment is not a pleasant one? This is what the mood/atmosphere suggests to me. Best aspect of this hotel, it's location! I will stay here again given I will book with Grand Prix Travel again (they are fantastic) so I hope for a better experience next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Dianne,

We are extremely sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Management has been notified of the unfortunate issue in regards to staff comments and corrective action will be put in place to ensure this does not happen again.