Grand Hyatt Melbourne
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$143
Westin.com
$221
$206
  • Pool
Melbourne Marriott Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$152
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $178/night.

Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$88
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$155
  • Restaurant
The Langham, Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$171
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $191/night.

Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$185
  • Breakfast included
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$102
  • Fitness center
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
  • Room Service
4,763 results
All reviewscollins kitchenthe club loungemarble bathroomcollins streetstar hotelroom servicecorner roomfederation squarebeautiful hotelbuffet breakfastking roomvalet parkingyarra riverlate checklocation is excellentgreat roomcentral location
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed at the Hyatt for the weekend due to work event in city. I was happy with the hotel, very friendly staff, valet service was excellent, check in was smooth and the rooms were nice and modern. We stayed in a grand view deluxe, the room was a touch on the small side compared to hotels I'd stayed in but it was set up quite well so you didn't notice. On the plus side the bathroom was very large and it was nicely fitted out in marble. The one thing I would say is, if I was going to pick on something, the pool area was quite dated, it was an indoor pool and it was quite small. Also the hotel seemed to get very busy, had to line up to get into breakfast which I've never had to do in all the years I've travelled, maybe it was just a smaller restaurant. Overall I would recommend staying here for sure. I gladly would

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AussieHolidayLover
GrandHyattMelbourne, Public Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear AussieHolidayLover,
It’s wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the marble bathroom – we hope you enjoyed a nice relaxing soak in the deep tub! Breakfast does get quite busy after about 9am – we are quite famous for the quality of our breakfast offerings! Being an open kitchen where everything is cooked freshly for you, sometimes there is a short wait however breakfast certainly is well worth it! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Grand Hyatt is our Corp hotel so I have stayed there several times this year. Reception is on L2 accessible via the lift. Both check-in and check-out process are efficient. As I have 2 different memberships which allows me to earn points during my stay, the staff explained the benefits of both programs which helps me greatly in making a decision.

Highest floor is L33. Rooms of bigger number have no view (faces buildings). Some of the rooms (e.g. 26 and 27) are hidden from the corridor. For example, I stayed at room 26 in the most recent trip, squeeze in between room 25 and 27 hidden from the corridor. I was expecting that it would be quieter but I was wrong. I could hear the guest in the next room singing in his shower, water running from their bath tubs and the sound of hairdryer every morning. I also suspect the "sound of vibration" i have been hearing come from the elevator, which is right behind room 27.

King size bed is comfortable with hard and soft pillows for your selection. Nice bathroom with both bath tub and standing shower. Generous amenities and towels are provided. I noticed that chips in the mini bar close to expiry date so please check before you consume anything from the mini bar.

International power adaptor is provided in the room but I could not locate any power socket near the working table area so do ensure your laptop charger is long enough to extend from TV consol to the work table. Wireless internet is chargable at a maximun daily rate of AUD29.

Food served at the lobby restaurant is very pricey (expected) and salty. Their lamp chop is the one dish most of us agree we would order again should we return. In-room breakfast (approx. AUD30 to 40) service is reliable and served timely according to the timing you specify. There are many eateries at much cheaper rate just 10 mins away from the Hotel at Russell Street or the nearby Chinatown.

All in all, other than the noise from nearby rooms, Grand Hyatt is still my choice hotel when visiting Melbourne.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear homsingapore,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, it is always wonderful to hear from such a regular traveller to our hotel! It’s great to read that you have found our Front Desk service to be friendly and efficient – we pride ourselves on our 5 star service and giving individual attention to each guest’s needs. We’re sorry to read that noise form other rooms disturbed your stay – please don’t hesitate to request a quiet room on your next stay. And for reference, there are power sockets for your laptop etc located in the cabinet underneath the telephone near the desk lamp. Our staff will be very happy to show you next time you stay with us.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I really enjoyed staying here, with the nice ambient touches. Food was awesome (room service) and the service in general was excellent.
I did check in to a more executive style room, which was bigger and quite nice - however I did find that this room was behind the elevator shafts, and thus the constant noise of the elevators going up and down was pretty noticeable. I asked about that - and while they had a smaller room (give up a bigger room???) they said that otherwise, there's not much else to do.
The noise level did drop off a bit further into the evening however - which they said would happen, so I have no complaints overall. Just unexpected.
In all, having the conference there also - was great. The atmosphere was very home-like, and nice. I will stay here again I believe, although it is a bit pricey, so be warned.

Room Tip: To be honest, I couldn't complain - after about 9pm, the lift noise wasn't too bad. Although, in the end - may be better (if a light sleeper) to get a smaller room, or one away from the lifts.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear RaTTyRaTT,
Indulging in Room Service is one of those great traditions to enjoy when staying in a 5 star hotel! When we refurbished our rooms, we put a lot of thought into making sure that there was somewhere comfortable & practical to sit and eat whilst in your room. It’s great to see you enjoyed our room service offerings. We’re sorry to read that elevator noise disturbed your sleep, however. we can certainly do our best to allocate you a quiet room for your next stay. We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I've stayed a number of times now at the Grand Hyatt, the rooms are always in great condition, beds are super comfortable, and the breakfast buffet is just OUTSTANDING. All in all, no complaints from any of my stays :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear keepahgurl,
We would have to agree, the breakfast offerings in Collins Kitchen really are a great way to start your day! With an emphasis on fresh, locally sourced produce you can’t go past an omelette prepared before your eyes, or a freshly poached egg… or perhaps some congee, stir fry and dumplings? Whatever you enjoy for breakfast, Collins Kitchen is certainly sure to satisfy. We look forward to welcoming you back to your Melbourne home soon!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I would have rated this hotel as Very Good except for one thing. The noise in the room in the morning! We were at the Hyatt for a large function and had hoped to sleep in the next morning - even arranged late check out. The room was fine, refurbished and spacious with very comfortable beds - I was even brought a complimentary bottle of wine which was a great touch. However at 6:30am I was woken by a high pitched screaming sound which went right through my head! It was someone in another room having a shower! When the water was turned on it screamed through the pipes to their shower - right by my head! As if that wasn't enough, everyone seemed to start showering after that and there was no way I could go back to sleep. The plumbing is not good!

It really is a shame because the hotel itself is really quite lovely - very elegant and modern. The staff are fabulous - although it has to be said that the service in the lobby bar is terrible. I waited 15 minutes for someone to serve us and eventually went to the bar where the barman suggested I sit and someone will serve me. I told him I'd been doing just that for 15 minutes so he fixed me up with a drink right away. We had to send 2 glasses of champagne back when we did finally get table service as they were flat - obviously the end of an opened Moet & Chandon bottle.

So although I would like to say I'll be back, I'm really not sure I will be. There are a lot of hotel choices in Melbourne so I might try another one next time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kgreenwood

Dear kgreenwood,
We’re sorry to read that noise issues and inattentive bar staff spoiled your stay with us. The water pipe noise is certainly something we have brought to the attention of our Engineering management team for review. We have also alerted our Food & Beverage Management team to the level of service in the bar for review and action. We have made some notes in your profile, so should you choose to stay with us again, we will do our best to provide you with a quiet room so you can enjoy a peaceful, uninterrupted night's sleep.