Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$87
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$179
$112
Doubletree
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $128/night.

$224
Priceline
  • Pool
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$91
$167
  • Restaurant
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$159
  • Breakfast included
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$144
  • Room Service
4,869 results
All reviewscollins kitchenthe club loungemarble bathroomcollins streetstar hotelcorner roomroom servicefederation squarebeautiful hotelbuffet breakfastvalet parkingyarra riverlate checkgreat roomlocation is excellentcentral locationcity
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the hotel during the Melbourne Cup racing carnival 2012. What can I say. The hotel and its facilities was matched only by the quality of the service. We were met at the entrance by George, the doorman whose welcome and subsequent follow up advice regarding places to visit and the means of getting around were as good if not better as any I have experienced around the world. He could not have been more helpful. Thank you George. The pleasantness, helpfulness and efficiency of the reception staff was also outstanding.

Service in the restaurant and function rooms was also outstanding. I did not meet one member of staff who was not pleasant whilst serving us. Many hotels succeed in getting many of their staff to have the right attitude. Rarely do they succeed in having all doing so. This hotel certainly did.

We had a 26th floor room with a view over Melbourne and beautifully laid our. The only downside was that our busy schedule meant we didn't get to spend as much time as we would have liked "soaking it up". I will stay again on my next trip to Melbourne.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
GrandHyattMelbourne, Public Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear CairnsOConnors,
Staying at Grand Hyatt Melbourne during a major event such as Melbourne Cup is a fantastic experience, we would have to agree. The city is abuzz with excitement, there’s lots happening when you are out and about, and then it is wonderful to return to the hotel and your room and relax in an oasis of tranquillity. We have brought the exceptional service of George to our Front Office management team for congratulation and recognition – we are very proud to have a great team of hospitality professionals providing exceptional service every day to our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon – perhaps even for a relaxing weekend!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

The hotelbwas centrally located in the heart of CBD, very near to all the shopping centres, boutiques and good restaurants. The hotel's lobby, bars, restaurants and common areas were elegantly designed with muted tones and quality materials.

The room was opulent, spacious and very clean. Everything in the room was tastefully decorated. The king-sized bed was huge, firmly soft and luxuriously comfortable, with lush and plush pillows, assuring a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank explore2000

Dear Dtc2011,
It’s great to read that you appreciated the little extra touches of luxury and refinement that make our hotel a Grand Hyatt. We put a lot of thought into the small details when we redesigned the rooms such as luxurious fabrics, contemporary colour schemes, right down to quality Sealy posturpedic beds to ensure a great night’s sleep. We do hope that you choose to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I am a frequent visitor of the Grand Hyatt and am happy to say this visit was virtually flawless.

Beginning with the wonderful George. I had never driven my car before and as soon as I pulled over in the driveway, George opened my door and assisted me out of my car while offering me the warmest greeting I have experienced at the Hyatt (all are great but George was expceptional).He took care of my bags and wished me a wonderful stay.

When I checked in, Emily instantly recognised me and warmly welcomed me back. I was escorted up to level 31 to the club lounge as my room wasn't quite ready (I arrived very early).

The only minor issue here was that I wasn't notified when my room was ready and was kept waiting almost 4 hours, not really a major issue though when the food, drinks and view are plentiful and spectacular I finally asked if it was ready and the lovely woman on the desk was very apologetic and finalised my check-in.

Everything was spectacular from the view to the level of serivce. The only downside was that the macaroons I had ordered online through the e-concierge were not provided. When I called downstaris to inquire, I was told that they did not have the request, despite my giving a confirmation number on the email. No offer to rectify the situation was made just an "I'm sorry". However, these things happen and all in all, this was very minor and I will learn not to order through the e-concierge again.

I love this hotel, it is luxury at its best and when you are lucky enough to book the right weekend and get the right staff on duty, it really makes for a wonderful stay.

The room was lovely and the view spectacular, the noise is still an issue, loud conversations from outside my room could be heard at all hours. On the Sunday morning, I had to go and ask the people chatting loudly to please keep the noise down - 6am on a Sunday was just too much!!! There was a problme with the coffee not being re-stocked, but one call downstairs and the problem was fixed in a matter of 5 minutes!!

The ameneties were a little stingy this time, I had gotten used to not needing to pack many toiletries when visiting the Hyatt but needed to call downstaris for a toothbrush and showercap. Again, not an issue and the supplies were brought instantly.

I ate breakfast in the club lounge each day and although they dont offer the usual bacon, eggs and so on, the spread was more than adequate, the juices, coffee, fresh meats and baked goodies were deliciously fresh and made for a great start to the day. Not to mention the afternoon/evening canopes and refreshments!!!!

Typing the review makes me want to check in again sooner rather than later!!!

Room Tip: If you have the extra $$ or Hyatt points, make use of the Club lounge - very worthwhile..
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear AlisonD75
It’s wonderful to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We have brought the exemplary service provided by George and Emily to the attention of our Front Office management team for congratulation and recognition. We pride ourselves on our 5 star service, and it is great to be able to recognise individuals such as George and Emily who go above and beyond to provide truly exceptional service. We’re sorry to read, however, of your less than perfect interactions regarding your e-concierge experiences. We have raised this with our Front Office management team for review and action. We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Melbourne soon!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

After staying at the Four Seasons in Sydney and loving it I was expecting this hotel to be a bit of an anti climax as it was considerably less expensive. I can now say that this experience was even better. the room was larger, the bathroom was larger and well appointed. the living room was well thought out with a large chaise lounge facing a large flat screen television.We stayed on the 25th floor and the views were just wonderful. We had room service every night because we had everything we needed and great atmosphere to enjoy it. I thoroughly recommend it and if we comeback to Melbourne would not stay anywhere else. If you are a keen shopper there is everything within a short walk - Chanel, Zengna, Brioni, and also more affordable shopping.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
GrandHyattMelbourne, Public Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear WookAustralia,
It’s great to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us – when we redesigned our guest rooms we put a lot of thought into the little touches that make our rooms practical and comfortable. And you can’t beat that jaw dropping view over Melbourne city, especially at night with the lights twinkling at your feet. We hope that you do visit Melbourne again soon, and we would love to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Melbourne.

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

A romantic stay for our 13th wedding anniversary. The room was great, clean, spacious & good value. The massage was out of this world & we both felt wonderful afterwards! The buffet breakfast is awesome & never disappoints! A great time was had by both of us.....

• Stayed: December 2011

Dear Emily M,
It’s wonderful to read that we were able to make your 13th Wedding anniversary that little bit more special. The buffet breakfast in our Collins Kitchen restaurant is certainly a great way to start the day. We do hope to see you again soon – perhaps to celebrate your 14th Wedding anniversary!