Grand Hyatt Melbourne
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$130
$124
$240
$172
$89
$80
  • Pool
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Docklands(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$96
$72
  • Free Internet
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$137
$121
  • Restaurant
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$195
$107
  • Pool
Pensione Hotel Melbourne - by 8Hotels(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$74
$69
$85
$77
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$137
$113
  • Fitness center
$240
$234
TripAdvisor
4,689 results
All reviewscollins kitchenthe club loungecollins streetmarble bathroomstar hotelcorner roomroom servicefederation squarebeautiful hotelbuffet breakfastking roomvalet parkingyarra riverlate checkgreat roomlocation is excellentcentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Melbourne is my hometown, my husband and I planned a weekend in the city and chose to stay at the Grand Hyatt. We went to drop our bags off at 10am intending to come back at 2pm to check-in. We were pleased to find that a room was already available and we were able to check-in immediately. Great service, especially since we didn't ask if an early check-in was possible. We stayed in a king room which was more than big enough for the two of us, if we were staying for longer it also would have been more than adequate. Plenty of room for bags and the small table and couch was a welcome addition to the standard hotel room. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was huge, with separate shower and bath. We didnt eat in the restaurants, but did go to the Ruco bar for drinks before going to dinner elsewhere. The bar is a lovely, great place to relax after a day of shopping or sightseeing. The drink prices were as you would expect in a hotel bar, however I think the service was lacking (perhaps they were short-staffed?). It was certainly not of the same high standard we experienced everywhere else in the hotel. This did not affect our stay, but the long wait time to get a drink and lack of table service may be an issue if experienced repeatedly over a longer stay.

Room Tip: The hotel is centrally located so all rooms have interesting views of Melbourne.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Dear SBBMelbourne,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Grand Hyatt Melbourne. It is great to hear you found our hospitality exceeded your expectations especially when it came to early check-in – if we have the rooms available we certainly try our best to get you into a room as soon as possible.
Ideal for a pre-dinner drink, ru-co is our award-winning bar. We are disappointed to hear that the service was not up to scratch and assure you that this is an exception and not the norm.
However we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Three nights in Melbourne for business.

Pros: the bed was extremely comfortable. The location is extremely convenient. On the limited occasions I had to deal with staff they were courteous and friendly. The bathrooms are done up nicely.

Cons: The shower was a touch on the small side for a 5* hotel. The climate control in the room seemed to either go full bore or not at all. $30 per day for wireless is ridiculous.

It was a good stay, but not perfect. I haven't got a regular hotel that I'm happy with for my infrequent visits to Melbourne, so I can certainly imagine coming back here.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Dear AnthonyCG,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay – we sincerely appreciate your feedback. Grand Hyatt Melbourne definitely prides itself on being in the heart of the city close to the bustle and hype. It’s great to hear you found our staff warm and friendly, and our facilities convenient and comfortable. We have certainly passed on your comment regarding the climate control to our Engineering team for further review. On your next Melbourne business trip, we would love to welcome you back.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

I recently stayed at grand Hyatt while I was at work training. The room was a king bedroom on the 19th floor. The bathtub was huge and so was the bed. The room had a big flat screen tv, a mini bar, tea and coffee as well. The room was cleaned perfectly everyday. The gym in the hotel is very well equipped as well. Overall a really great hotel for business as well as pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear Luxurytravellor,
Thank you for your very positive review – it is great to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. When we did our recent refurbishment, we took into consideration the needs of both the business traveler, as well as the leisure guest. It is good to hear you appreciated the extra little touches in our rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt with my mum as we were going to the Lady Gaga concert and we had a lovely experience. The check in staff were very friendly, chatty and welcoming. The room was spotless and beautiful with a great view out over the yarra. We had no problems booking 2 single beds which were amazingly comfy - even my mum thought they were great and she has very high standards! The bathroom was well stocked with robes, slippers and cosmetics and the bath was great at the end of the night! The minibar had a great selection and we were very impressed with the range of T2 teabags. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone and look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear Sarah604,
Grand Hyatt Melbourne is in a perfect location if you are attending a concert at Rod Laver, the MCG or even the Forum – everything is within walking distance of the hotel. All of our rooms have brand new beds, and as you discovered, they are so comfortable it can be hard to get up in the morning! We look forward to welcoming you and your mum back to Grand Hyatt Melbourne for another girls night out soon!

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Hey - I travel quite frequently and have visited Melbourne on several occassions. This time (a few days ago) I stayed at the Grand Hyatt Melbourne, and loved my stay.
Of course, having a room on the higher floor helped, but over all was very happy with the service.
Their buffet spread at breakfast is one of the best I have seen and tasted. Absolutely loved it!

Room Tip: try and get a room facing the river - great views!
Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Vinlovestravel

Dear Vinlovestravel,
It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We are quite proud of our breakfast offerings – with so much to choose from, it can be hard to know where to start! We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Melbourne.