All reviews main building crown casino great location tram stop huge apartment flinders street yarra river full kitchen double glazing one bedroom apartment a bit tired washer and dryer south bank beds were comfortable free trams early check etihad stadium
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Well they charged us $40 a night for a roll out bed and wouldn’t do us some sort of discount even though eve been staying there twice a year for twelve years. Oh well all good things come to an end I guess

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Natasha P, Manager at Riverside Apartments Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Dear guest, thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your loyalty in the past twelve years and we believe that you must have many good memories with us. I'm sorry to hear the extra bed fee makes you not happy but anyway making money from the extra bed is not our purpose. Running an apartment needs a lot of time and hard working as well. Hope you can understand and we always welcome you at anytime.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

I have stayed here many times, the location is excellent, and the room has everything that I need. It was good that I had stayed previously as the directions to the lift area were none existent and I also had to direct others where they needed to go. The first few days I was there the cleaning wasn't the best (including a dirty tray in the oven left from the last occupant) but this did improve the longer I stayed. Very helpful when my room door wasn't working but staff weren't as good as they used to be, still good but not as good..

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
Cindy_Riverside, General Manager at Riverside Apartments Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Dear Kylie, thank you for staying with us and your comments. Our location is very good and we tried to provide outstanding services and cleaning as well. Apologies for the unclear directions and room cleaning. We will improve and provide a better experience next time!

Reviewed August 3, 2018

Quite honestly, the room was OK, and not bad for the price. Everything else - absolutely TERRIBLE. On check in we were told our room was actually in a separate building and given direction to a poorly signed glass door. On entry into this separate building, the only door you see is for a massage palour with a great big VIC Police notice declaring it an illegal brothel. Additionally, dust, cob webs and dirtiness prevails in this tiny lobby. On entering the lift, we realised we weren't actually told which floor our room was on, so looking at the dodgy hand-written

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Cindy_Riverside, General Manager at Riverside Apartments Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Hi SC,

I apologize for your unpleasant experience, and totally understand your concerns.
Our house keeping team and reception staff always give their best to provide outstanding service to our guests, as you said the room itself is OK. Unfortunately we only own upper 3 levels and ground floor does not belong to us. The dirtiness you see through the lift glass is from outside and we've pushed body corporate to arrange professional building cleaning company to clean it. Our staff can only clean the inside for safety reason.

regarding your concern about the massage store, the landlord said they are under legal process to vacant the place. And we believe it won't take long time. We didn't realize what happened in the store because no guest complained about it before. As we have 24 hours onsite security and camera in the lobby area, our guest didn't get any problem with the store so far.

Thank you SC for your kindly review and we will try our best to fix these issues as much as we can.

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

Little dissapointed as the lift broke down in one bed apartment and had to use fire escape. Then when went to check out on check out time desk was unattended.
Staff were different all the time and had no idea.
Two bed apartment nice but wasnt able to dry clothes as the dryer didnt work. So my son and I had to leave in our pj pants.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Natasha P, Manager at Riverside Apartments Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2018

Dear donnyward33, thank you for staying with us. We're so sorry about the experience you had. Your comment is really important to us and we will improve accordingly. I'm sure you will have a different next time.

Reviewed July 26, 2018

My friends and I had a great stay at the hotel, got later checkout at no extra cost and our room was up graded which was great. Location was great, tram just outside door, staff were lovely, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends