All reviews main building crown casino great location tram stop huge apartment flinders street yarra river full kitchen double glazing one bedroom apartment beds were comfortable south bank a bit tired washing machine and dryer dining table fantastic stay early check
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great place to stay. Staff were really helpful. Apartments clean and servicing of the units was brilliant. The location is central and you could walk everywhere. About 50 metres (if that much) to the tram stop. Across the road from the Melbourne Aquarium and not too much further to the casino and Southbank. Highly recommend

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank edi361
Steven B, Public Relations Manager at Riverside Apartments Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

It's great to hear guests have such a good stay. Thank you for your review of Best Western Riverside Apartments. Next time you are in Melbourne please stay again with us. Cheers

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

It is located just opposite Melbourne Aquarium, and within 5min walk to Crown Casino, which is just across the bridge (Kings Way). You can also easily walk to Bourke St Mall (10-15min).

We stayed in a two-bedroom apartment, which was nice and clean, and had a great view of Yarra River & Southbank.

Just a note that the reception is along Highlander Lane, so is the carpark. It is a narrow one way street, enter by Flinders St if u're driving.

Date of stay: December 2012
Steven B, Public Relations Manager at Riverside Apartments Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review Best Western Riverside Apartments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again when you next visit Melbourne.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

This place is a little gem with the personal touch. The ladies at the front desk were always very friendly and a great help when my elderly mother and I came to Melbourne for a Christmas shopping trip.
The apartment was clean and modern with everything we needed.
When we left Mum forgot her reading glasses and camera and the manager called me to let us know they had been handed in by housekeeping and she would post them to us.
Definitely will recommend to my friends for a short city break

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Super987
Steven B, Public Relations Manager at Riverside Apartments Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Best Western Riverside Apartments.
I'm pleased to hear you and your mother both enjoyed your stay. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

The lift broke down and it was very noisy! What else can I say. If you were looking for a great place to stay in the Melbourne CBD this probably isn't it. The staff were really friendly, one redeeming feature I guess!

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ricthomas

Thank you for your review. Our apologies for the lift break down during your recent stay with us.
I'm pleased to say the lift is receiving a complete overhall in the new year. This will increase the convenience and comfort of our guests and make your stay in the future more enjoyable.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

designer dress stolen from my room enough said. If you are in the annex its really noisy. Staff were nice enough until I tried to find out what happened to my dress. Cant recommend this place, after I rang to try and enquire about my dress the manager got very angry that I accussed her staff but it went from the locked room.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your review. The dress you mention was not recalled by any of our staff. Reception was first advised of it missing after you and your friend had checked out. Our staff did a thorough check of the apartment but unfortunately the dress was not to be found. When you requested going back to the room to check for yourself you were given immediate access to the apartment but again the dress was not to be found. When our staff were accused of stealing the dress our manager advised you to go to the police and welcomed further investigation.
Our cleaning staff work in pairs and rarely have time alone. Hopefully your dress will be found at some stage.