All reviewsmain buildingcrown casinogreat locationtram stophuge apartmentflinders streetyarra riverfull kitchendouble glazingone bedroom apartmenta bit tiredwasher and dryersouth bankbeds were comfortablefree tramsearly checketihad stadium
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We have stayed at these apartments many times now. It will always be our first choice when in Melbourne. Apartments are modern, clean, quiet and very comfortable. We usually spend considerable time in the apartment so having cooking facilities is great, as is the large lounge room with terrific views of the river. The property is so close to Casino, South Bank, entertainment centre, aquarium, and only a short walk to the city.

Room Tip: We prefer the river view rooms, and with a small balcony to enable smoking outside
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Steven B, Public Relations Manager at Riverside Apartments Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Vicki,

Thank you for taking the time to review Best Western Riverside Apartments. It's great to hear that you enjoy yourselves here and that you will be returning yet again. We look forward to seing you all again soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

The room is clean and comfortable. I got the perfect room in level 17. The room service was very helpfull and handy. They tidy up our room every day. The hotel staff was kindly.
The bedroom is not too big, but clean and comfortable. The hotel location is near from flinders station and just minute walk to the aquarium, crown casino and the halte of circle city tram.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank judith_76045
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Dear Judith,

Thank you for taking the time to review Best Western Riverside Apartments. Many of our apartments have great views across the city and I'm glad you were able to stay in one of these. It can make your stay in Melbourne more memorable. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

we stayed in an annex room, it was actually on the 15th floor but had no view, we were lucky enough to have a room to go out into a courtyard, rooms were clean and spacious, not luxury, but very convenient to everything

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

Dear Nat and Joe,

Thanks for taking the time to review Best Western Riverside Apartments. We know reviews are written because guests like to share their experiences and we are pleased you both enjoyed your stay. I'm pretty sure you stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment (no view). We also call these 'lightwell apartments' as they receive their natural light from a huge internal lightwell.
Personally I enjoy these apartments as they are quiet and the use of the patio is a bonus that not all apartments have.

The annex apartments are next door and are all 1 bedroom apartments with a street view to Flinders lane. Thanks again, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights in early May 2012, and the room was nice, clean, and the place has friendly staff. The overnight guy was a little grumpy when he had to let me in (I had to catch a very early flight), but other than that it was good. Nothing too fancy, but the room was clean and aside from the outside noise on Saturday night it was quiet.
The location is pretty nice, close walking distance or a short cab ride to lots of shops, restaurants, and bars. There is also a grocery store close, and the convention center is a short walk away, so it is a good place to stay when in town for a conference.
On Saturday night, the noise outside gets a bit loud with all the drunks walking around, but close the window and all is good.
Wifi did not work in my room and there was a separate charge, but it got refunded since I did not use it. If it works, it is pretty cheap, but free would be better.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the annex rooms - this is where I stayed and it was an apartment, with living room, kitchen, and separate bedroom/bath.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank hoss6901
Steven B, Public Relations Manager at Riverside Apartments Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review Best Western Riverside Apartments. I'm glad you had a comfortable stay with us and I hope to see you again soon. Sorry about the initial greeting from night reception but I'm pleased you found the other staff friendly and helpful.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed here on the 24th and 25th May. The Reception staff on the whole were very friendly and helpful. The area the apartments are in have fantastic transport links with the trams. Everything is within walking distance though. The top floor apartment where I stayed was clean and spacious. Accommodation costs were very reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2012

Thanks Kevin for your review of Best Western Riverside Apartments. Melbourne has terrific public transport and I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our central location.
We hope to see you again.