All reviewsmain buildingcrown casinogreat locationtram stophuge apartmentflinders streetyarra riverfull kitchendouble glazingone bedroom apartmenta bit tiredwasher and dryersouth bankbeds were comfortablefree tramsearly checketihad stadium
Reviewed March 2, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed in the annex apartments, and feel that they offer reasonable value for money in the city center, easy walk to tram stops and station, Having a kitchenette allows the preparation of a cheap breakfast and lite meal. The 1 brm apartment we were in was quite and spacious, they also offer free use of the laundry which is a nice touch. Reception staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank foantrip
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment on 18th floor with river views of Southgate. this room was something special. Very clean, modern and comfortable. 2 bathrooms, great lounge and huge dining area's.

Friends and I planned to stay here, for the view, quick walk or tram to CBD, opposite the FREE city tram around CBD, close to Southbank, Aquarium, Casino ect.

No thing bad about this hote at all. Drive up the beautifl cobblestone Hardware Lane, to check in then go and park your car....
Just up the land there is a great cafe, and a Massage place which is great walk accross the road, take elevator up and you are in Central CBD.

I have stayed here at least 4 times and its one of my favourites. Not like your ususal Best and Western. Belive me.

Room Tip: I specifically asked for a room facing Southbank, if you dont, you will face the east or west buildings, we could see the Southbank gas flames each hour. Clow
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank haidee23
Reviewed December 17, 2011

It was good to arrive at these apartments for a very restful and comfortable stay. The Main bedroom had a TV in there and the 2nd room with 2 single beds. We stayed on the Eastern side and it was very quiet and peaceful even though we were in the city centre. The location was fantastic only a couple of blocks away from main shops and eateries. Great views on our veranda and would recommend to families if you want a good rest. The staff were also helpful and friendly, there was a great cafe next door to the apartments that were great for bacon and eggs.

Room Tip: Go top floor Eastern side for less noise.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jules F
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I stayed at these apartments for just 2 nights with my close friend on our 'degustation' trip to Melbourne. I wanted this place as it was close to everything and had two bedrooms with (what I thought was) two double beds.

Unfortunately, despite everything else in the apartment being great, and the staff being very helpful, I discovered soon after arriving that the 2nd double bed in the larger room which I had, was just two single beds pushed together. I didn't end up getting the time to ask for that to be rectified (not that I think it could have been) but I would have preferred two singles left separate rather than pushed together in such an uncomfortable way. I survived but was a bit disappointed with this.

I also knew the place was very close to King St in Melbourne where all the noisiest clubs are, but I had thought the double glazing would keep that noise out. On the Saturday night, it didn't, and the clubs go all night - so unless you're into that, don't expect too much quiet over the weekend. By the Sunday night, it was great and quiet, just slight traffic noise. We had the West side of the bldg so we had a lovely view over the Yarra and daily sunsets.

Other than those two things, everything was great. You have everything you need there, even if it's not the very latest model. Everything works well and there's heaps of room. I think even the two lounges converted to beds!

I would recommend this place, with the caveat that you be aware of the bedding and noise situation. The staff could not have been more friendly nor more helpful. The car service to the airport is reasonable and invaluable!

So, give it a go.

Room Tip: I think rooms on the East would be quieter as they're away from King Street.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Avoid the terrible car park and park next door which is much cheaper. When we damaged our car getting out of the very tiny car park as there were no spots left we were blamed for having a big car and were told we should have parked next door. When we queried why we were not told this we were advised human error. We were also advised it was human error when we were put in a dirty dungeon room after paying for a room with views of river and casino. This was eventually rectified. We were also advised human error when we asked why our car spot which we had paid for was not there when we arrived back. This was all by a senior manager obvioulsy with no training in customer service..

Whilst the rooms were great as well as the general staff the management were extremley hostile and became verbally agressive with raised voice when we dared to complain about the damage to our car in car park. Senior management need customer service training and quickly

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple