“Our home in Melbourne ...”

The Sebel Melbourne Flinders Lane
Ranked #14 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Have just returned from our second stay at this top notch establishment.

We are Accor Premier Vacation Club owners and as such, have stayed at many good properties over recent years both throughout Australia, New Zealand and Europe.

We love it here! Wonderful, warm and helpful staff, a fabulous location - so central to everything AND beautiful decor throughout, together with stunning rooms.

This year we had a courtyard room with both our bedroom and living room opening onto the lovely "Parisian styled" courtyard.

The apartments have a fridge, toaster, microwave and cooktop, decent sized dining room and good crockery and glassware.

Being so well located with Coles and Liquorland just around the corner in Elizabeth Street means it is easy to do a quick grocery and alcohol shop and we usually have breakfast "at home" and even often one evening meal "in".

We invited friends who live in Melbourne to join us in the bar on Friday night. It was very quiet which was to our advantage as we were able to sit back in the sumptious leather couches and enjoy the friendly, service. We even ordered some tapas dishes which come from one of the many local cafes. They were good - and certainly inexpensive..

We will continue to recommend these apartments to anyone looking for quality apartment accommodation.

Despite having other choices available to us in Melbourne - we will return again and again to Grand Mercure Flinders Lane!!

Room Tip: Try to secure a room away from Flinders Lane as it can be a bit noisy on that side of the building...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Car0bella
AccorVacationClub, General Manager at The Sebel Melbourne Flinders Lane, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

"Dear Car0bella,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review after your second stay at Grand Mercure Melbourne Flinders Lane. It is always great to get feedback from our members, and we are delighted that you are enjoying utilising your points by staying at this fantastic property.

Here at Accor Vacation Club, we place a high degree of importance in keeping our members satisfied. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, as it assists us in the constant monitoring of quality and service.

Again, we would like to thank you and trust that you will continue to enjoy ""a lifetime of great holidays” with Accor Vacation Club.

"

Reviewed August 19, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
AccorVacationClub, Guest Relations Manager at The Sebel Melbourne Flinders Lane, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed in a Superior Flinders Suite for four nights and couldn't be happier. The location was outstanding, the staff helpful, the room spacious, clean, comfortable and beautifully decorated.

I will definitely be staying here again when I'm next in Melbourne.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Camhill
AccorVacationClub, Guest Relations Manager at The Sebel Melbourne Flinders Lane, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear Camill,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review after your stay at Grand Mercure Melbourne Flinders Lane. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your apartment and the great location.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
AccorVacationClub, Guest Relations Manager at The Sebel Melbourne Flinders Lane, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I recently stayed here for two nights and I have to say the location is really fantastic, a little tricky to find if you don't know Melbourne very well, but well worth staying here. They've a small bar downstairs but the hotel is surrounded by fabulous bars and restaurants (try Coda, amazing) so you just have to step outside and walk around for everything you need. Only negative is $30 per day parking, ouch.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

Dear victoriabitter67,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review after your stay at Grand Mercure Melbourne Flinders Lane. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your apartment, and of course the great location in Melbourne's CBD. All feedback is extremely important to us as it assists with the constant monitoring of service and quality. Again, thank you for your review, we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Unfortunately for myself I didn't have the great experience most ppl did. I wrote a letter in the comments folder but no one cared to get back to me and/or rectify the problem...very concerned about management,or lack their of...
I will begin with a high note and the ONLY reason I have put stars is because the front desk receptionists are top of the quality, friendly, professional...I can go on, they were all a delight and so very helpful.
The room was very black 1 bed basic and modern. I could hear the noise from outside but I was there when football was on so that could not be helped, a lot of drunk people hanging around outside until morning. The pantry was not stocked. Had OPEN packets of biscuits and only coffee. Obviously room service missed that but you don't have room service during your stay so we had to go to Coles. I left a maintenance report outside the door but again, no one cared to rectify.
We were there as Accor had called us and invited us to a presentation. On the morning of the presentation I had a shower using their shampoo and 10 minutes after I had a scary allergic reaction. My hands,knees,face, neck was red and swollen and I had difficulty breathing. We turned off the heater as we thought that might have been the issue due to the room not being properly serviced and maybe it was the dust as I had not eaten anything. I went to reception who said she would call the hospital. My partner mentioned the meeting and said he would zip down to the chemist first. I received a call from Accor and the lady was so rude & cold. Here I was with a severe allergic reaction and she told me I should have been prepared? And that if I do not go to the presentation I will be charged full cost which they stated was $499 a night (we were paying $150)...I had to hang up as I was panicked on several levels and she didn't help my anxiety. My partner came with antihistamines and I took a couple and 10 mins later everything was back to normal and I was just fatigued. We were forced to make our way downstairs to the 'presentation' which consisted of Accor sales people selling time shares...my partner tried to explain on what happened and showed photos but obviously they were just trained in sales and didnt know what to say/do except that they know the rude staff member as she is known for rudeness. i told them then I would not be involved in a company which has staff that are so money hungry they do not care for their consumers but sat through the presentation until we could go to a chemist. What I suffered was not small, it could have been life threatening and the Accor people didn't care and said I should have been prepared?? Anyway I will never stay at any of their hotels.
They are overpriced and the only thing going for them is location. You have bars directly across the road and in the midst of the CBD. All I can say is make sure the room is fully serviced prior your stay and get a high floor to avoid noise. ALSO take note I chose this hotel due to a gym being on premises... Its not and you are charged over $5 to use it next door which my partner did. Again the only good thing about the hotel, receptionist, rang in to see if I was OK which was really nice, I won't forget that in a hurry.

Room Tip: Higher the floor the better, make sure it is serviced prior your stay as they do not service it duri...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TerrenceHardy
AccorVacationClub, Resolutions Officer - Member Services at The Sebel Melbourne Flinders Lane, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to speak to me last week. I am pleased to hear that you are well. I do hope that our conversation did help to restore some faith in Accor Vacation Club.
Kind regards, Sharon - Resolutions Officer, Accor Vacation Club